ABEHONEST
    Say what? I'll bite your head plum off!
    ABEHONEST's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4175

A true sob story and warning for amateur gambers. Maybe all?

Men, boys, or old-timers, never, never, gloat and let your ego swell up your chest until the fat lady sings.

Sunday, I was on another losing streak, however, I have been known to make almost shocking comebacks before the sun sets on these football stadiums. Well, I was well on my way for another one of those "miracle against sound logics," when, up jumped the...well, you know who.. .

I was floundering in tough losses yesterday on the NFL's early round games--like 1 point losses, and my teams going practically 0 in the second half, after showing steady and reliable play in the first half. So, on the afternoon games, where, I schemed up a plan to get most of my hard earned funds back, with a couple strokes of genius, leading me to another clever escape from disaster?

I had my favorite method of escape, hot on the griddle...parlays! One 4 team parlay was getting me back over 200 for a small wager. After it hit, I had the big brother parlay working off the same picks, with 2 more thrown in to make it a 6 team'er, with a payoff of about 950. So, I looking at 1150 minimum...plus, a well thought-out play against the Broncs in the second half. No way the Texans don't smother the Colts in the second half. And hey, I get them + for the second half. Meaning to me and my thorough calculating mind, all I have to do is play even with these flat playing Broncos.

I'm one the types of risk players that does not want to see bad-news jump right into your face. My way of avoiding the mounting pressure of stressful gambling is to do as you would in a high stakes poker game. You squeeze the results out extremely slowly, one card, or one peek at a time.
    My method is to use CBS SPORTS and bring up the ongoing box scores, pick up my luckiest screen cover, start from the left side and slowly, very slowly, ease up on those scores. I start from the left--where the drama is usually harmless, because I probably already know those quarter scores? I squeeze to the 3Rd. quarter on the Texan/Denver game, and eureka, I am going do win this vital game and bail my as* out of this stinking mess.

Houston has scored 10 points in the 3rd. qt. already, and the Broncos have that lovely [just like I figured] O! It gets better. I check back again--right before I leave to walk the dog, an hour trip--Houston has second down on the Broncos 9 yard-line. Graciously relieved, I not only leave the house, but also that losing syndrome behind, too.

One quarter to go and I must get out scored by 17 , or, maybe even 21 or more points. No way!

I have to tell you, the walk with the dog was much more enjoyable than most previous, ordinary walks.
    I get back home about an hour later and ponder whether I should now look at that Denver score? I thought, well why not get the minor suspense over with?
    I squeezed out the score in the usual manner, not risking a shocking mental breakdown, I stayed with the basics and squeezed slower than usual. Ah ha, no score for Denver in the third! But I failed to recognize that my team was still stuck on that 10 point 3Rd. qt. lead. Well, on to the last quarter score, where Denver scores two TDS and my team added nothing to their 10 points [what the hell happened when they had first and goal in the third Qt.?], I went into a mental talking, one-on-one conversation with, guess who, for a hour or two. Some of the language was not church worthy.

Okay, still stunned, I went back to check on my, now, last resort, for a bailout. The 4 team that was to hit for over the 200, didn't show up as a winner. What? I checked closer and a saw a gamblers nightmare, I inserted the opposite team in the 4 team'er. That's the second big costly mistake I've made this weekend! Wow..horsesht!

Now, in a near panic mood I check the 6 team I thought I had working. Relieved, I did that one right. Well, right except a change of mind who would be the sixth team in that parlay. Earlier in the week I had played the Patriots in some parlays, but with my usual, thorough, calculating mind, I switched to Baltimore for the last spot needed. Why?
    Because I was influenced with that damn point-spread being in favor of Baltimore. It didn't make good sense, so I thought something wasn't quite right with the tough Patriots?

END OF STORY.
    Last edited by ABEHONEST; 09-24-12 at 12:01 PM.

NrmlCurvSurfr
    NrmlCurvSurfr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 600

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4146

Very difficult to follow this story..I tried, honestly.

Rather than read the whole thing, I just skimmed your emoticons. Pretty easy to follow. You made some winning bets, things were going okay, and then you lost big.

tevari
    purveyor of fuzzy green balls
    tevari's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 542

Tldr

Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2769

Is it possible to have the 'Coles Notes' version of this?