MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status
    MonkeyF0cker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1127

No-vig/Series Calculator

Attached is a copy of a No-Vig/Series calculator that I wrote several years back. I figured it may be of use to some of you. It serves several purposes. When you open the program, the Single/Series selection is set to Single Game.

From here, you can calculate a fair value line (in American odds) from a winning percentage or you can calculate the no-vig winning percentage and no-vig American odds from a particular line offering.

If you select Series(Individual), you can calculate a series price from any 3, 5, or 7 game series by specifying the odds that the team wins each individual game.

You can enter your odds for a particular team for each individual game by either winning percentage or by a no-vig American odds line. This will calculate the percentage and American odds of that team winning the series and also give the percentage and American odds for that team to win the series in a certain game number of the series. If the series is already in progress, you can change the Wins/Losses to reflect the status of the series. The application will disable the appropriate textboxes where an outcome has been previously determined. You can obviously change the number of games in the series with the Best of: drop down box.

If you select Series, you can calculate the series prices based on the home/away winning percentage and home/away American odds (both no-vig and vigged).

This selection enables the Series Format group, where you can select the home/away format for the series. There is a Has HCA checkbox in the Win Probabilities groupbox. This specifies whether the probabilities that you are entering are for a team with home court advantage in the series or not. In this series selection, you can calculate your home/away odds by virtue of both a vigged line or a no-vig line (by selecting the Fair Value checkbox). Again, you can find the series probability of a series already in progress by changing the wins and losses in the series.

When you hit the Calculate Price button while calculating a series, the win percentage and the no-vig American odds of the series will appear in the results box with the win percentage and odds of the team winning the series in a specific game below it. The Permutations listbox will list all of the different combinations available for the team to win the series, each listing its individual percentage of occuring.

If anyone has any questions or issues with the tool, please let me know. I don't use it much any longer as I've automated the majority of my work. Hopefully, some of you will find it useful, however. Enjoy.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by sbr.rodrigo; 04-06-15 at 11:24 AM.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

By the way, I should note that this calculator will only work in a Windows environment.

reno cool
    the meaning of harm
    reno cool's Avatar Become A Pro!

get error message when installing. Sounds like a useful program.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

The program is a standalone, reno. You can simply unzip (with Winzip, Winrar, etc.) and extract it to your desktop or any other folder. Did it not extract?

I tried to attach it without zipping it but the forum software wouldn't allow me to attach an .exe file.

reno cool
    the meaning of harm
    reno cool's Avatar Become A Pro!

ok, I downloaded, moved to desktop. then when I click it (failed to initialize). At what point am I supposed to unzip it and how?

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

Do you have Winzip or Winrar or some other type of zip extractor installed, reno? If so, just right click on it and select Extract here. Otherwise, you'll need to download Winzip or Winrar or a similar program to extract the .exe file.

flyingillini
    flyingillini's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2187

I am impressed with this. You are the man! Thank you for this. I am just learning this hobby of mine and I am learning a lot from the people I pay attentio to:
    Durito
    Monkeyfocker
    Justin7
    Donjuan

Matt Rain
    Matt Rain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 659

Oh dude, cool stuff! Very useful, thanks.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

thanks

I tried it. Did single line, entered odds for both sides and it said invalid line entered.

Indecent
    Indecent's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1156

I have to ask... After looking through the code, is the heavy use of goto statements a compiler optimization or code you actually wrote? I was surprised to see that C# actually has goto statements at all.
    Last edited by Indecent; 04-26-11 at 03:20 AM.

Flight
    Update your status
    Flight's Avatar Become A Pro!

What code / goto statements are you referring to? The attachment is a binary.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    thanks

I tried it. Did single line, entered odds for both sides and it said invalid line entered.
    LOL. I had to download it since I don't even have a copy of this any more.

It's likely because you have the favorite and dog lines transposed. Looking back, I would have certainly coded it differently.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Indecent View Post
    I have to ask... After looking through the code, is the heavy use of goto statements a compiler optimization or code you actually wrote? I was surprised to see that C# actually has goto statements at all.
    It is a VB executable.

Indecent

Compiler magic it is.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Monkey, what are you using these days?

Flight
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Indecent View Post
    Compiler magic it is.
    Dude, what code are you referring to? This makes no sense.

Indecent

Quote Originally Posted by Flight View Post
    Dude, what code are you referring to? This makes no sense.
    We have an executable, it contains code that must run on the machine in some way. It's not always easily readable (see my comment on compiler magic), but it exists and can be read.

How do you think game cracks are made, magic? You take an executable, tear it apart (literally and figuratively), edit the file to do whatever you need to run the game (fake cd key check, fake online registration, etc).
    Last edited by Indecent; 04-27-11 at 10:59 PM.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

There is an array of decompilers/disassemblers on the market, Flight.

Flight
    Update your status

So you disassembled the binary!?!? Saw a goto statement and thought it was C#?!?! Sorry, I am just flabbergasted by the thought process. Did you really think he wrote this in assembly?

Yes, I know about disassemblers (reflector does a complete reverse on this app, right down to the author's stylistic nuances; I know because I already reversed it when you made your first comment and I have been scratching my head ever since)

Sorry, I'll let it go

Indecent

So you disassembled the binary!?!? Saw a goto statement and thought it was C#?!?! Sorry, I am just flabbergasted by the thought process. Did you really think he wrote this in assembly?
    I'm flabbergasted by your confidence in something you clearly don't understand.

VB and C# both compile to the same intermediary language, CIL. In this case, he compiled VB to CIL, and I went from CIL (his application) to C#, with the aforementioned goto statements likely being sprinkled in by the CLR when he originally compiled to CIL. Hence, my compile magic comment.

Was the slow enough for you?

Yes, I know about disassemblers (reflector does a complete reverse on this app, right down to the author's stylistic nuances; I know because I already reversed it when you made your first comment and I have been scratching my head ever since)
    I doubt that very much, or you would already know all this. Your responses made it seem like you thought getting code from an executable was voodoo.
    Last edited by Indecent; 04-29-11 at 02:02 AM.

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

He's simply referring to the assembly or the binary unit that contains the CIL code not the actual code itself. Your able to view the assembled code in it's compiled state where you have access to the manifest, the CIL instructions, and the metadata. VB even provides a tool called the Intermediate Language Disassembler utility to allow you to view the assembly.

Nice tool by the way...I'll keep it handy thanks for sharing.

ChuteBoxe
    27+1 = 2011
    ChuteBoxe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 228

Quote Originally Posted by MonkeyF0cker View Post
    There is an array of decompilers/disassemblers on the market, Flight.
    The famous MonkeyF0cker

SoV
    "Why always me"
    SoV's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just fade yourself to the bank, MF.

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by SoV View Post
    Just fade yourself to the bank, MF.
    LOL. What are you trying to say here, buddy?

MonkeyF0cker
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by ChuteBoxe View Post
    The famous MonkeyF0cker
    Chute!! What's up, man? Haven't seen you in a while.