leafs_ducks
    leafs_ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4849

any Ballers out there?

I've just starting to pick up basketball. I can handle the ball n shoot fine during practice. But when game starts. I seem to lose all my handles n shot. Kinda get nervous. I don't hold on to the ball for more then a second. Any tips of how I can get.over this hurdle? Will playing more games help? Been playing for abt three weeks

DerekMadden
    DerekMadden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 84

check your skin, if it's white... you're in trouble

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

When I watched TV in high school I would always be tossing a football side to side. Maybe do the same with a basketball?

Honestly helped my hands for football. GL

leafs_ducks

Lol. Not true. There are a bunch of good white ballers

leafs_ducks

I.don't know. Its just this sport. Everything else is fine. Hockey. Baseball. Football. Rugby. Bowling. Any sport u name it. Just basketball. Weird.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

play against a bunch of 10 year old kids at the park (preferably asians or whites)

this will be good for your confidence

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

Take a little hit of that grass.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by leafs_ducks View Post
    I've just starting to pick up basketball. I can handle the ball n shoot fine during practice. But when game starts. I seem to lose all my handles n shot. Kinda get nervous. I don't hold on to the ball for more then a second. Any tips of how I can get.over this hurdle? Will playing more games help? Been playing for abt three weeks
    muscle memory... you have to learn to shoot and dribble first before you get any good. if you are just playing pickup for fun, just hustle and get the rebounds and let someone else score.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

that's actually pretty good advice genghis kahn

basketball is one of those sports where it's tough to have the hand-eye coordination if you didn't play at a young age

you can still learn to shoot, but in an actual game it's tough if you never played until adulthood. unlike golf where people that have never played until the age of 30 can actually do quite well

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

just need experience, keep playing

PhillyFlyers
    SBR'S Biggest Star
    PhillyFlyers's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by leafs_ducks View Post
    Keep practicing brah.

You can do dribbling routines in the gym by yourself on your free time to improve your ball-handling skills and work on your shot.

Ghenghis Kahn
    Best Baller on SBR
    Ghenghis Kahn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2261

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    that's actually pretty good advice genghis kahn

basketball is one of those sports where it's tough to have the hand-eye coordination if you didn't play at a young age

you can still learn to shoot, but in an actual game it's tough if you never played until adulthood. unlike golf where people that have never played until the age of 30 can actually do quite well
    yeah people watch it on tv and want to be like kobe or lebron but they are forgetting it took them hours and hours of practice to get there. shooting consistently and dribbling with both hands takes tremendous amount of practice. it's not easy, even some pros can't do it...

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Be the ball.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1854

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

play on your tip toes

dribble and shoot with your fingers

get low defensively, watch their hips and footwork more than the ball

you say you play football. think about the jukes you use when you run the ball or route running. crossovers are similar just with dribbling. if dribbling is not your forte give it up to a guard. game speed is a lot different than messing around in practice.

shuffle your feet on d.

explode to the basket. i hang in the air for awhile and double clutch on every layup. people think it's hard to do but it's actually easier for me and impossible for people to block or anticipate which direction i'm going

anything else you need call me

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Hit the weight room