Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Christian Leaders Blast GOP Tax Bill

And somehow the GOP can find guys who don't have a pot to piss in to support this kind of garbage. Incredible that they can actually find nitwits to vote against their very own best interest. Despicable

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/0...tle=Luke_62021

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7304

Disingenuous post to say the least. Liberal Social Justice Christians are against the bill. Maybe the poor people who vote for the GOP vote for what they think is best for the country instead of them personally. I always thought democracy was built on people voting for what they believe is best for the group, instead of who will bribe them the most.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SBR_John, DwightShrute, and Chi_archie

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by Waterstpub87 View Post
    Disingenuous post to say the least. Liberal Social Justice Christians are against the bill. Maybe the poor people who vote for the GOP vote for what they think is best for the country instead of them personally. I always thought democracy was built on people voting for what they believe is best for the group, instead of who will bribe them the most.
    Yeah giving everything to the richest people in society has always been what is best for the country. Maybe poor people as well as the middle class who vote like they are billionaires are as gullible as you are.

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7304

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Yeah giving everything to the richest people in society has always been what is best for the country. Maybe poor people as well as the middle class who vote like they are billionaires are as gullible as you are.
    Because if someone disagrees with you, they are gullible. Nice argument.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

Here we go again with this mantra about "giving the rich our money" when you forget that the 'rich' are the ones who pay the most into the system so you aren't 'giving them' anything...the govt is simply trying to 'take' more than it needs in order to throw it away to those who have not been able to make their way in life on their own.

There is no 100% absolute economic science/theory so while I have issues with the evolution of the 'trickle down' concept from the 80's economy I still go back to the examples taught in my Econ classes that make it simple for anyone to grasp:

If you allow someone to keep more of what they earn then you not only incentivize them to work more/harder because of the benefit of more money in their pockets but consider what happens to that extra $1000 they have as a middle class salaried person - they use it to make themselves happier by purchasing a new TV which helps the store they bought it from who can then make a bigger profit and hire/expand or lower prices for the rest of us. If the 'top earners' among us get to keep more of their money they can either A) invest it into a bank which will then use it to give out loans to someone in need of a car financing or small business loan or B) they will invest in a startup venture which will hire people and provide a service making us all better off in some way.

The concept is to allow the person who EARNED the money decide where it goes and not have it taken by politicians with proven track records of picking losers and no spending restraint.

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

"Giving everything to the richest people in society"? WHO is giving everything to the richest people in society?

Are the wealthy given priority places in line to pick $100 bills off the money tree? Are they picking off all the $100 bills and leaving nothing for peasants like you?

Thor, I realize you're as broke as a tree stump with barely 2 nickels to rub together, but even you can't possibly be this stupid.

As long as you breathe air, I have no doubt you will continue to FAIL.

WHAT A PATHETIC LOSER!!!

SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

SteelRain
    SteelRain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6789

Yes wars for Israel,

Trillion dollar spending

Amnesty of millions of illegals

All good for the USA because that's what the GOP believes in

Don't kid yourselves

MeatWad
    MeatWad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

The Republican party is a conundrum. Two of their biggest supporters are 1) poor backward, marginally educated rednecks who love their inept, outdated social policies and 2) elite wealthy people who love the inequitable Republican tax structure/pro wealthy economic polices....seems like these two contigencies shouldn't agree about which political party to support.

Thor4140

Typical. Middle class jackasses willing to let go of more of their money just so the elite can have another tax cut. As Warren Buffet said "there is class warfare in this country and i am winning". Only in America can we find a people so generous that they want to give up a portion of their money just so rich people can become even wealthier. You can't even make shit like this up. These same middle class ass hats don't want to pay for anything except when they can hand over money to billionaires. Billionaires which they think they will be someday News flash fellas. Anyone that buys into this is to stupid to become a millionaire let alone a billionaire.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by andywend View Post
    "Giving everything to the richest people in society"? WHO is giving everything to the richest people in society?

Are the wealthy given priority places in line to pick $100 bills off the money tree? Are they picking off all the $100 bills and leaving nothing for peasants like you?

Thor, I realize you're as broke as a tree stump with barely 2 nickels to rub together, but even you can't possibly be this stupid.

As long as you breathe air, I have no doubt you will continue to FAIL.

WHAT A PATHETIC LOSER!!!
    You are an insurance salesman. You never created a job in your life. An insurance salesman is the least respected person in 99 percent of the job fields in America. Touts even think Insurance salesmans are despicable.
    Last edited by Thor4140; 08-03-12 at 08:12 AM.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    Here we go again with this mantra about "giving the rich our money" when you forget that the 'rich' are the ones who pay the most into the system so you aren't 'giving them' anything...the govt is simply trying to 'take' more than it needs in order to throw it away to those who have not been able to make their way in life on their own.

There is no 100% absolute economic science/theory so while I have issues with the evolution of the 'trickle down' concept from the 80's economy I still go back to the examples taught in my Econ classes that make it simple for anyone to grasp:

If you allow someone to keep more of what they earn then you not only incentivize them to work more/harder because of the benefit of more money in their pockets but consider what happens to that extra $1000 they have as a middle class salaried person - they use it to make themselves happier by purchasing a new TV which helps the store they bought it from who can then make a bigger profit and hire/expand or lower prices for the rest of us. If the 'top earners' among us get to keep more of their money they can either A) invest it into a bank which will then use it to give out loans to someone in need of a car financing or small business loan or B) they will invest in a startup venture which will hire people and provide a service making us all better off in some way.

The concept is to allow the person who EARNED the money decide where it goes and not have it taken by politicians with proven track records of picking losers and no spending restraint.
    They are taking the money from the middle class asshole to give to the rich. You want to give the rich another tax cut don't take it from the people who actually spend the dam money. The middle class spenders of this country who need the money who make the economy go. Keep on pushing trickle down economics like it works when any clear thinking person knows it is an utter failure and the blueprint is there for all to see.

Thor4140

Because if someone disagrees with you, they are gullible. Nice argument.
    Ir u are a middle class citizen and are happy to give more of your money away to people who are making more then they ever made in their lives, then yes you are about as naive as it gets.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

They are taking the money from the middle class asshole to give to the rich. You want to give the rich another tax cut don't take it from the people who actually spend the dam money. The middle class spenders of this country who need the money who make the economy go. Keep on pushing trickle down economics like it works when any clear thinking person knows it is an utter failure and the blueprint is there for all to see.
    Guess you just shut your eyes and screamed La La La La La to my post before you responded to it because I stated I have issues with the trickle down theory. There is no perfect economic theory...someone will always be shorted no matter which policy is put in place. But until we scrap the current tax system and put a new one in place I'm ok with lowering taxes on the top since A) the overall economy actually takes a small loss if you take $1 from the rich to give to the poor (look at 'dead weight' as an economic term not a social jab).
    Be reasonable and admit that the bottom earners don't pay ANYTHING into the revenue stream as far as income taxes go considering they get a refund back to zero out anything paid extra comparable to their SSI/Medicare and to say that someone will ALWAYS be in that bracket for their entire time in the labor force just adds to the reason they do not deserve more. Lower brackets are meant for the entry level workers to keep their taxes low and then once they progress, as anyone should, they then pay more and more net $$ into the system.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8516

Sharp post. Obviously you were brought up with good values.

Turd Ferguson
    Turd Ferguson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20463

Maybe the poor people who vote for the GOP vote for what they think is best for the country instead of them personally.
    Quite a profound statement. Could you explain this opinion a little further?

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

I still instruct the guys that oversee my southern illinois corn fields to leave 2 rows on the outside of each road side of the fields unpicked, so that the locals can "glean"

its the year of Jubilee!!!!

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    Guess you just shut your eyes and screamed La La La La La to my post before you responded to it because I stated I have issues with the trickle down theory. There is no perfect economic theory...someone will always be shorted no matter which policy is put in place. But until we scrap the current tax system and put a new one in place I'm ok with lowering taxes on the top since A) the overall economy actually takes a small loss if you take $1 from the rich to give to the poor (look at 'dead weight' as an economic term not a social jab).
    Be reasonable and admit that the bottom earners don't pay ANYTHING into the revenue stream as far as income taxes go considering they get a refund back to zero out anything paid extra comparable to their SSI/Medicare and to say that someone will ALWAYS be in that bracket for their entire time in the labor force just adds to the reason they do not deserve more. Lower brackets are meant for the entry level workers to keep their taxes low and then once they progress, as anyone should, they then pay more and more net $$ into the system.
    Poor people pay sales tax which is a lot of money we all pay so stop this bullshit on how poor people pay no taxes. With your logic im surprise there isn't a race to be poor and get these great tax breaks poor people somehow get in your eyes. What the fuk do people who are making the most money they ever have in history need another fuking tax break at the expense of the middle class? If they want another tax break maybe they can frown on the next war.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

at what amount of $ do you ACTUALLY have to pay/owe taxes?

I know when I was in college in summer I worked in the Oil refineries of Oil City PA... thank you Pennzoil and Wolf's Head for paying my undergrad tuition!!!!

anywho, I made a pretty substantial amount between 12-18k but would still get a full refund every spring. it was awesome

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Poor people pay sales tax which is a lot of money we all pay so stop this bullshit on how poor people pay no taxes. With your logic im surprise there isn't a race to be poor and get these great tax breaks poor people somehow get in your eyes. What the fuk do people who are making the most money they ever have in history need another fuking tax break at the expense of the middle class? If they want another tax break maybe they can frown on the next war.
    Are you THAT A.D.D. or just really angry when you post? 2nd Par - 1st line of my last post you are referring to "as far as INCOME TAXES go.."

Of course sales tax is paid by poor middle and wealthy but you need to consider those states and the general funds that money goes into as opposed to the federal taxes being called for now. We probably agree though that a national sales/consumption tax is the best option...I'm all for that. You obviously have some issues with those top earners not giving more of what they earn...so you are not going to hear reason about it but I'll just put it this way....the 'rich' as Obama calls anyone with over $250k before taxes....already pay a large % of their earnings, so what they do with the rest of their money is their business.....should be no concern of anyone.

The fact that people like you sit back and think that because someone who works for a decade busting their ass to earn more money suddenly jumps up a bracket that suddenly they then have to shell out more to those who slept in for that decade slacking or who were content on their mediocre level employment and now feel entitled to more for some odd reason amazes me. When you say that allowing people to keep more of what they make is 'at the expense of the poor' is insanity man....if you are 40 and still working a line job at the local potato chip packing plant...thats on you...not anyone else to hand out more money. Ever wonder where all those other people went when they left the factory 25 years ago? It's called life/career progression.....because you missed the bus means nothing to me.