stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

ALERT- 8 Female Badmitton players BANNED from the Olympics for trying to lose matches

All I know for now, everyone please stay calm I will keep you filled in.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Did anyone here have $$ on that match? Looks like they were both trying to lose on purpose..!

stevek173

I cannot imagine what would impress a new gf's parents more around the dinner table then blowing up about how you lost $ on the Women's Badmitton matches because they were rigged.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

We always have players with "inside" info except when there's actually real inside info involved....

Looks like they were throwing matches just to avoid specific opponents and they already qualified, at least the chinese team. Nothing wrong with that just don't make it as obvious.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1842

Probably nice big ML's if the Chinese team folded.

stevek173

Ah makes sense. I was just playing, no inside info here just found the headline entertaining.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Sport will suffer for years. Can't imagine it will regain its current level of popularity
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GUMMO77, and aggieshawn

Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

Both teams felt they had an easier draw if they lost the last pool play game.
    Had nothing to do with fixing.

stevek173

Archie I tried to nominate but new rule is you can only nominate one poster's work one time per day looks like!

Freakin oppression, I swear. Man got me down. Is SBR going to try to prevent Lebron from getting MVP next year now?

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Any word if criminal charges will be filed? Shuttle-rooster-whores

TheMoneyTree
    TheMoneyTree's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    Both teams felt they had an easier draw if they lost the last pool play game.
    Had nothing to do with fixing.
    So what your actually saying is yes they did fix the result.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Match is hilarious to watch if you're high.

Kelloggs
    Fancy a sausage, russia ?
    Kelloggs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3393

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Sport will suffer for years. Can't imagine it will regain its current level of popularity
    This has been going for years by the asian countries in the regular tournaments during the badminton season.

Amazing that IOC had the balls to kick the players, lets hope the world badminton federation also grows a pair.

pepero428
    pepero428's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Kelloggs View Post
    This has been going for years by the asian countries in the regular tournaments during the badminton season.

Amazing that IOC had the balls to kick the players, lets hope the world badminton federation also grows a pair.
    this is nothing new, basketball like in NBA and other sports (football) you can see this type of performance. NBA teams rewarded more lottery balls for posing a lower record at the end of the season. Everyone of these crap teams therefore have a great incentive to lose cause it increases chance they have a better 1st round pick EX. Lebron, Rose, etc.

In game theory, the players were simply making the best decision. Their choices to lose their matches were strategic decisions to optimize their chances at getting to the gold medal match.

The only real benefit here is for the less strong countries (BWF indirectly helped them TREMENDOUSLY) now maybe countries like Australia, South Africa or something have a chance at getting further in the tournament

Trident
    Update your status
    Trident's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2791

I lost my roll live betting this match.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

So what happens if you took a long shot underdog to win the Gold, say you have a 30-1 shot and then these 2 get canned and now youre sitting pretty with a nice dog!! Does the book void your play?

Kelloggs
    Fancy a sausage, russia ?
    Kelloggs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3393

Quote Originally Posted by pepero428 View Post
    this is nothing new, basketball like in NBA and other sports (football) you can see this type of performance. NBA teams rewarded more lottery balls for posing a lower record at the end of the season. Everyone of these crap teams therefore have a great incentive to lose cause it increases chance they have a better 1st round pick EX. Lebron, Rose, etc.

In game theory, the players were simply making the best decision. Their choices to lose their matches were strategic decisions to optimize their chances at getting to the gold medal match.
    If the teams in the NBA where performing like the badminton players where last night, they would not score above 40 points in the games.

A tournament like this will always make it possible to loose a game to meet an easier apponent, but the performance last night was pathetic.

http://sports.ndtv.com/olympics-2012...inton-intrigue

According to badminton website Badzine, in 2011 some 20 percent of top-level matches involving only Chinese players were not completed. When facing non-Chinese competitors, the figure fell to 0.74 percent.

byronbb
    byronbb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2284

It still seems ridiculous that the situation is allowed to arise. Surprised the teams themselves were unaware they ran risk of being disqualified.

neel
    neel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 203

Quote Originally Posted by stevek173 View Post
    All I know for now, everyone please stay calm I will keep you filled in.
    Good job by everyone staying calm.