onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4687

Boston Celtics fans, you going to be all ass hurt like the Cavs fans 2 years ago?

Since Ray Allen joined the Heat and hate the guy?

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

i don't think so. he has had some real cold shooting streaks the last 2 years, can't play defense. yes , he can shoot 3's and free throws with anyone when hot, but is old and won't be missed. celtics aren't about to win any championships anyway as if anyone cares about that. it's a myth that winning is the only thing that matters. management only cares about filling the seats and selling concessions.

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

No respect for Ray trying to piggyback a few more championships. Guess his hatred for Rondo was strong enough for him to turn down a few million a year.

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13629

Bottom 20% defender. Can't get his own shot. Boston had to run multiple screens just so he could get a contested 3. Actually this is the best place for him and his broken down feet. Let your defender beat you off the perimeter. Hobble across half court to the 3 pt line. Wait for one of the big 2 to penetrate and hopefully??? kick it out where he won't be as covered as most everywhere else. He is and always has been a selfish player. Be interesting to see what happens if those kickout 3 pt looks aren't as frequent as he envisisons. BYE!

Holtgetsback
    Holtgetsback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

as celtics fan I would rather have Terry now

ray was great for a long time

convick
    convick's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3683

Celtics didnt want him anymore. Thats why he left.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Pretty dumb comparison (Cleveland/Boston)

For starters, Boston didn't exactly make Allen feel like he was a big piece of the puzzle.

Secondly, Boston is a destination other players would like to go to.

Cleveland had their entire future & economy based on Labron.

accuscoresucks
    accuscoresucks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

muscle rub on stanby

PS3
    Keyser Soze
    PS3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2795

Allen leaving Celtics is not like LeBron leaving the Cavs. I mean Allen has not played well in months. But we'll see how he'll do in a Heat jersey.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Allen is getting too old. I don't think his departure hurts that much.

Rod Tidwell
    Rod Tidwell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

The City of Boston's economy is not based on Ray Allen, unlike Cleveland/Lebron. I think we're gonna be ok. Ray Allen was a favorite around these parts, but all Boston knows all to well, sometimes you gotta let the popular guys go for the betterment of the club.

I love Ray Allen's game, but it was time for him to go...

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

guy played 5 years for milwaukee 4 years for sonics and only 5 years for celtics not like his been with boston all his career. why are people making such a big deal of him leaving boston? Even KG leaving wouldn't have been a big deal. Paul Pierce is the only 1 who is a true Celtic and probably the only 1 of the big 3 that will get their jersey retired by Boston

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Jason Terry is better than Ray Allen at this point for the Celtics

KingJD31
    KingJD31's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7042

Garnet will get his Jersey retired Celtic fans love him, Allen very popular but not garnet

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    i don't think so. he has had some real cold shooting streaks the last 2 years, can't play defense. yes , he can shoot 3's and free throws with anyone when hot, but is old and won't be missed. celtics aren't about to win any championships anyway as if anyone cares about that. it's a myth that winning is the only thing that matters. management only cares about filling the seats and selling concessions.
    How quickly you forget how well Allen defended the best player in the world in 08 in Kobe Bryant to win that championship. If it weren't for Ray Allen's defense, the Celtics would have lost that series.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Quote Originally Posted by KingJD31 View Post
    Garnet will get his Jersey retired Celtic fans love him, Allen very popular but not garnet
    no way is garnett getting his jersey retired as a celtic

only 5 seasons and one championship

if they retire guys like garnett and ray allen they will run out of numbers, there's already 19 numbers retired by the celtics and all of them played at least 7 years and won at least 2 championships EXCEPT reggie lewis (died) and ed mcauley

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Garnett will get his jersey retired by Boston. 80% chance. Garnett will have played 8 seasons with BOS but will not win another ring. Pierce already the third greatest celtic of all time.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9824

garnet will probaly play one game for minnesota, heck if he went to minnesota now, they'd be a serious contender

Madison
    Madison's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 13629

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    How quickly you forget how well Allen defended the best player in the world in 08 in Kobe Bryant to win that championship. If it weren't for Ray Allen's defense, the Celtics would have lost that series.
    That's a long time ago my friend, a LONG time in BB years. Not close to the same player now.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Allen had a great run in Boston and had every right to sign somewhere else. As a Celts fan I'll miss him but can't be mad at him for wanting to try and get another ring or two with Heat.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

comparing this to lebron leaving cleveland is a ridiculous stretch.

im surprised to see how much less money he took to play for the heat.

hard to knock a guy who takes basically half the money cuz he wants a better chance to win.

Reload
    Winning Aint Easy
    Reload's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14900

It's not even close to LeBrick leaving the Cavs. Allen had his up's and down's with the C's.

Celtics will move on - still have a solid team and did well in the draft, if you ask me.

riffraff24
    ...and out come the wolves
    riffraff24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

He left because Rondo is a bitch. But he's even a bigger bitch for letting Rondo run him out of town.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4687

More cheers or boos when Ray checks in at TD Garden?

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

at this stage of you career, you go wherever the F you want for whatever the f-ing reason you wnt