sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

Food for thought: Older posters chime in

A little serious post here, quality comments only please...

It has been my experience that older gamblers (50+) are very reluctant to try the on-line gambling web sites regardless of if it is a pay per head site or a known on-line site such as 5Dimes, Heritage etc. etc.

Older, recreational gamblers in this age group are comfortable calling their local at noon on a Sunday during NFL and getting the run down on the day and then just putting their action in without a hassle of the internet or some half ass broad speaking broken english and asking them to confirm password, wager, amount etc etc.

I understand that we are in the age of the internet and for any serious gambler it has been a great transition from the ole days of sitting next to Jimmy at the VFW and layin a hundred down on your favorite team. My point here is that the local books are pushing the huge squares away by strickly going to PPH shops and websites. Theres nothing better for a local than the average drunk joe at the corner bar throwing his cash away.

If you were a local at one time and had an older clientelle like this it is so difficult to get them to change up what they have been doing for 25+ years and feel comfortable. In turn the local will lose the old square (that can pay when he gets buried) and instead picks up more action from the young guns who are more often than not going to have a problem squaring up come friday.

If you were a local what would u prefer?

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25129

Locals i know obviously cater to older crowd and regulars.

If guy wants to call in he is still given that option.

fishmonger
    Very sharp square
    fishmonger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

My local has a website. He gives you a password and user name. Funds the account with your credit limit. Say 10 dimes. All bets are placed through the website. It's just like 5dimes. What ever the difference is must be settled on Tuesday and then he resets the account to your betting limit. He also deals in 10 cent lines!! His older clients do call ins but it is only a few.

allabout the $$$
    Update your status
    allabout the $$$'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 26835

older gentlemen get the more personalized service where as the young guys get the website