kevin vanlith
    kevin vanlith's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cain probably gets the may 26th shot.

He is now the concensus #1 contender.

Now we know why AO skipped town shortly before the Lesnar fight in dec. and a pending drug test, to see his sick mom in Holland AND to get his sys. cleared up in the days he spent out there, before taking and passing a test in europe and back in the US on his arrival.

Dana must be just FUMING. It would not surprise me at all if Dana cut Overeem, because of AO present and future REP. will be forever tarnished and his past doings too, not to mention he is a newcomer to the org. If he had been there a while it might be diff. but we will see how Dana handles it, susp. or termination?

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22125

Thor4140

Rubber Guard
    Rubber Guard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5152

Quote Originally Posted by kevin vanlith View Post
    Cain probably gets the may 26th shot.

He is now the concensus #1 contender.

Now we know why AO skipped town shortly before the Lesnar fight in dec. and a pending drug test, to see his sick mom in Holland AND to get his sys. cleared up in the days he spent out there, before taking and passing a test in europe and back in the US on his arrival.

Dana must be just FUMING. It would not surprise me at all if Dana cut Overeem, because of AO present and future REP. will be forever tarnished and his past doings too, not to mention he is a newcomer to the org. If he had been there a while it might be diff. but we will see how Dana handles it, susp. or termination?
    How is Cain the #1 contender when his last fight he was KO'd by JDS in like a minute? They aren't giving Cain another shot right now.

In my eyes it should be Mir (lucky Mir) and Cain should be moved off the card. Cain should take Russow's place at 147 vs. Werdum.

Not surprised about Overeem. He is a jackass and would bet he has cheated for a while. What an idiot.

Vitooch
    Dayman
    Vitooch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 159

Name:  089_Mark_Hunt_vs_Cheick_Kongo_gallery_post_large.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  43.4 KB

I say he should be Reem's replacement. Problem solved.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by Vitooch View Post
    Name:  089_Mark_Hunt_vs_Cheick_Kongo_gallery_post_large.jpg
Views: 321
Size:  43.4 KB

I say he should be Reem's replacement. Problem solved.
    Do u think he could go five rounds? 4? How about three? I doubt he could go much more than a round and a half and if he didn't get the knockout he would embarrass himself.

Vitooch
    Dayman

You could say that about any MMA fight Mark Hunt is in lol.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29078

any1 know when they will announce whats going to happen for main event??

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

im pretty sure dana just shut down the UFC after this cluster fuk

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29078

maybe right about that--lol

MMAbetMASTA
    MMAbetMASTA's Avatar Become A Pro!

That douche bag mod on sherdog RONWAH should 'un-ban' my 2007 forum account for making roid accusations against reem.... That mod clown is such a lame-o, nothing better to do with his time but patrol sd forum and flag people thousands of times a month...lol

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by MMAbetMASTA View Post
    That douche bag mod on sherdog RONWAH should 'un-ban' my 2007 forum account for making roid accusations against reem.... That mod clown is such a lame-o, nothing better to do with his time but patrol sd forum and flag people thousands of times a month...lol
    hahaa

Digo
    Digo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 399

I think there are just two options now:
    JDS vs Mir or JDS out of this card.

kevin vanlith
    kevin vanlith's Avatar Become A Pro!

If Mir is chosen he will be a sacrificial lamb.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Dana has said JDS will def be defending so will have to be Mir or Cain

bjpenn85
    bjpenn85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16650

I will like to see who wins in a fight that last longer than 40 sec between cain and jds?

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Quote Originally Posted by mmabetmasta View Post
    that douche bag mod on sherdog ronwah should 'un-ban' my 2007 forum account for making roid accusations against reem.... That mod clown is such a lame-o, nothing better to do with his time but patrol sd forum and flag people thousands of times a month...lol
    agree ronwah is fukking loser. I was banned for making a highlight and saying cyborg looked okay.

Thor4140

Dana White ‏ @danawhite

@jimbefc Mir vs Cain will happen

maybe Dana is counting on Reems levels being normal a month from now.

Beelzebubzy
    Beelzebubzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5104

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Dana White ‏ @danawhite

@jimbefc Mir vs Cain will happen

maybe Dana is counting on Reems levels being normal a month from now.
    Couple of options are still available
    Take JDS off the card make Mir/Cain main event
    or White is bluffing and Mir/Cain could take main event spot
    Hope overeem is clean and main event is still on
    Hendo

the josh
    yes, im gay
    the josh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

dana said JDS is fighting either way
    so if mir/cain is on....

hendo or hunt?

werdum looked good in his last fight, but hunt would probably be the bigger draw/easier to promote. bigfoot silva needs a few wins to get some ufc average fan recognition.

i pray every night its hunt.

Thor4140

i would be furious if im Mir and anyone else gets that fight. I mean Mir is the easiest choice. Dana can't keep Mir and Cain together because he likes the fight and wants something else. Usually, i agree with Dana because he is also a fight fan and he likes to put on fights he wants to see like Vitor/A Silva. A fight i was dying to see also. Lots were giving him shit for this move but realistically if u are a big fight fan at the time, this is the fight u most likely wanted see, even if Vitor jumped a few slots. I can't imagine what Dana would want unless Reem can be clean by fight time .A friend of mine who knows a little about being clean ,say's Reen would be clean if he could find the brains to back off the shit, by fight time. Ah who the fuk knows.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss

Im ok if Mir is mad because 0 fuks will be given about him by all the fans. Dude would have got merc'd

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass
    Wanna Bet On It?'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5734

Mir deserves no part of being in an Octagon with JDS. That is the most lopsided stylistic matchup for JDS of anyone in the top 10.

At least Hunt or Hendo have a small chance of catching JDS when he lets his hands go for an epic underdog win. Mir has no TD ability and porous striking defence. With an outstanding sprawl & brawler in JDS, that fight is a wrap even before the octagon door closes.

Keep Mir vs Cain as Dana has alluded to. Let Hunt or Hendo fight to keep the structure of the main card in tact (give Struve a solid opponent like Mitrione). It's better for Mir in the long run because he's more likely to beat Cain than JDS and infinitely more likely to beat Hunt or Hendo (deeper into a fight) than Junior.

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by Wanna Bet On It? View Post
    Mir deserves no part of being in an Octagon with JDS. That is the most lopsided stylistic matchup for JDS of anyone in the top 10.

At least Hunt or Hendo have a small chance of catching JDS when he lets his hands go for an epic underdog win. Mir has no TD ability and porous striking defence. With an outstanding sprawl & brawler in JDS, that fight is a wrap even before the octagon door closes.

Keep Mir vs Cain as Dana has alluded to. Let Hunt or Hendo fight to keep the structure of the main card in tact (give Struve a solid opponent like Mitrione). It's better for Mir in the long run because he's more likely to beat Cain than JDS and infinitely more likely to beat Hunt or Hendo (deeper into a fight) than Junior.

i heard people say this same stuff when Mir fought Kongo (stylistically terrible match up for Mir) and Mir stretched him in under a minute lol.

Vitooch
    Dayman

i heard people say this same stuff when Mir fought Kongo (stylistically terrible match up for Mir) and Mir stretched him in under a minute lol.
    You're seriously going to compare Kongo with JDS? I understand the analogy you are trying to mistake but let's be realistic here.

Thor4140

You're seriously going to compare Kongo with JDS? I understand the analogy you are trying to mistake but let's be realistic here.
    At that point in time Kongo gave Cain the best match of his life and people thought he was the best boxer in the heavy weight division. I doubt there was one guy here who thought Mir would drop Kongo like he did. it is easy now after we have watched more Kongo fights,to realize Kongo isn't he killer most thought he might be. Back then tho it was a different story. just sayin

Vitooch
    Dayman

At that point in time Kongo gave Cain the best match of his life and people thought he was the best boxer in the heavy weight division. I doubt there was one guy here who thought Mir would drop Kongo like he did. it is easy now after we have watched more Kongo fights,to realize Kongo isn't he killer most thought he might be. Back then tho it was a different story. just sayin
    I think for any reasonable MMA fan out there, JDS/Mir is a significantly bigger mismatch then Kongo/Mir was perceived as. JDS has steamrolled everyone in the HW division, and is considered a top 10 P4P fighter by many, including me. I don't think people were thinking the same of Kongo after losing a decision to Cain.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass

LOL WTH? You are 100% talking out of your ass or you socialize with the dumbest cappers on the planet.

Frank Mir was close to a -200 fav vs the great Kongo, a man who'd lost to such studs as Carmelo Morrero and Heath Herring in the UFC. This fight was immediately following Brock's rage GnP smashing of Mir's face at UFC 100, one of the worst beatdowns in UFC history. If it was such a terrible matchup the line would've moved like crazy but the reality is that you and the idiots you listened to were way off base and the public saw otherwise.

JDS is the undisputed #1 HW, a man who hasn't lost a single round inside the octagon. He's fought strikers, wrestlers and even elite BJJ practitioners (with no TDs just like Frank Mir) in Gonzaga & Nelson and smashed them in lopsided manner.

There is no comparison between Kongo and JDS. JDS should be the overwhelming favourite of at least -600 and I'd still be happy to play JDS at that price and I hate laying juice that steep. Nothing short of a Frank Miracle wins this fight for him and I'd happily bet against that. At least Hunt and Hendo have a legitimate puncher's chance to slip and land a huge counter or die trying.

Thor4140

LOL WTH? You are 100% talking out of your ass or you socialize with the dumbest cappers on the planet.

Frank Mir was close to a -200 fav vs the great Kongo, a man who'd lost to such studs as Carmelo Morrero and Heath Herring in the UFC. This fight was immediately following Brock's rage GnP smashing of Mir's face at UFC 100, one of the worst beatdowns in UFC history. If it was such a terrible matchup the line would've moved like crazy but the reality is that you and the idiots you listened to were way off base and the public saw otherwise.

JDS is the undisputed #1 HW, a man who hasn't lost a single round inside the octagon. He's fought strikers, wrestlers and even elite BJJ practitioners (with no TDs just like Frank Mir) in Gonzaga & Nelson and smashed them in lopsided manner.

There is no comparison between Kongo and JDS. JDS should be the overwhelming favourite of at least -600 and I'd still be happy to play JDS at that price and I hate laying juice that steep. Nothing short of a Frank Miracle wins this fight for him and I'd happily bet against that. At least Hunt and Hendo have a legitimate puncher's chance to slip and land a huge counter or die trying.

nobody is comparing Kongo with JDS for gods sakes. If u are telling me u thought Mir would flatten KOngo like that u are full of shit and a monday morning quarterback. Take Hunts balls out of ur mouth for goodness sakes. All he offers is a hell mary and if he misses it he most likely will gas from throwing it. Nobody i repeat nobody thought Mir would outbox Kongo.

Thor4140

I think for any reasonable MMA fan out there, JDS/Mir is a significantly bigger mismatch then Kongo/Mir was perceived as. JDS has steamrolled everyone in the HW division, and is considered a top 10 P4P fighter by many, including me. I don't think people were thinking the same of Kongo after losing a decision to Cain.
    Of course it is a bigger matchup. Im not debating that. People after seeing five more of Kongo's fights now,(like this douche bag wanna bet it) all of a sudden are experts on Kongo but after Cain their opinion of Kongo was completely different. That's all im saying. Everyone thought Mir would sub Kongo if he beat him. Nobody thought he would flatten him like that. I know he did submit him but it was all from the punch.

Wanna Bet On It?
    Hog or pass

Kongo has a terrible chin. JDS does not.

JDS is a terrible stylistic matchup for Mir for all of the points mentioned above. You've said nothing to refute that. You've just clung to irrelevant points about Mir catching Kongo with one punch and then RNCing him, something that Mir won't be able to do versus JDS.

Hunt has a better chance versus the champ than Mir does. If you cannot see that, you are a complete moron like the people you listened to for the Mir-Kongo matchup.

illmatick
    Update your status
    illmatick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 115

what are you homos arguing about?

Thor4140

Kongo has a terrible chin. JDS does not.

JDS is a terrible stylistic matchup for Mir for all of the points mentioned above. You've said nothing to refute that. You've just clung to irrelevant points about Mir catching Kongo with one punch and then RNCing him, something that Mir won't be able to do versus JDS.

Hunt has a better chance versus the champ than Mir does. If you cannot see that, you are a complete moron like the people you listened to for the Mir-Kongo matchup.
    Whatever dude. U can't comprehend what i am saying. Carry on.

The Fobfather
    The Fobfather's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bit strange, how Overeem isn't meeting with the NSAC till the 24th. Still holding out hope that Dana is trying to work a miracle or two.

First 12345 ... Last