fergie's balls
    fergie's balls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

Deadspin Gambling Forums piece

http://deadspin.com/5907732
    Not sure if link will work, easy find though, nothing we don't know but interesting nonetheless to see on mainstream (Gawker) site
    Last edited by Bill Dozer; 05-07-12 at 03:26 PM. Reason: fixed link

Pezgordo
    Pezgordo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

I had never even heard of this chick until last week. Great story though.

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

http://deadspin.com/5907732?utm_camp...ium=socialflow

Good piece, thanks for posting. This quote was a little strange but maybe its right

"Phillips and Prasad had a built-in advantage: Phillips is a young woman, and at least 75 percent of sports bettors who frequent message boards are males in their 20s, 30s, and 40s. She naturally stood out."

Who is the other 25 percent ? I am sure they didnt mean women and forums are really getting that many older punters? It is strange to see beyond the bets getting a chance to write for a huge site like deadspin.

Last edited by gregm; 05-07-12 at 02:02 PM.

fergie's balls
    fergie's balls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 129

see the part about the Big East Expert fraud? all that very true. the jackass fraud Big East tout is with Incarcerated Bob, guy with decent size following on twitter, who 'breaks' sports news, tries to beat Schefter, etc to the punch and talk himself up for it. basically he makes lots of claims and some stick, some don't, no repercussions when he's wrong, so not that difficult with one or two contacts. anyway he makes no money with his twitter sports feed, so now trying to sell picks with couple other scammers. usual tout scamming, nothing original. funny how guys with twitter followers desperately trying to find way to translate it to cash. i always pictured this Bob guy in his Mom's basement, attacking all the 'haters' in his delusional world of self importance.

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11662

jjgirl, where are you?