Sam Odom
    Sam Odom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

U.S. Housing Market remain Weak :: Generation or MORE to Rebound

Maybe no housing rebound for a generation: Shiller

NEW YORK (Reuters) - The Housing market is likely to remain weak and may take a generation or more to rebound, Yale economics professor Robert Shiller told Reuters Insider on Tuesday.

"I worry that we might not see a really major turnaround in our lifetimes," Shiller said.

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7298

When something is a bubble, and collapses, it shouldn't recover to the bubble point. The same thing would happen again. Obama has no effect on housing prices, and its a good thing. The government being too involved in the housing market is a key factor to the past crisis.

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by Waterstpub87 View Post

Obama has no effect on housing prices...

Not true in the sense he is the Dem party leader and how their policies affect the free market in general , US dollar , wealthy of Americans and interest rates

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Sammy stop trying to bury market

Your on the short side

Sam Odom

JJ , take your beef to Yale economics professor Robert Shiller

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito
    frogsrangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5421

When something is a bubble, and collapses, it shouldn't recover to the bubble point. The same thing would happen again. Obama has no effect on housing prices, and its a good thing. The government being too involved in the housing market is a key factor to the past crisis.
    Agree.... government should just stay out of such matters. The Community Reinvestment Act was the #1 factor in the housing market crash.

golfrulz
    golfrulz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 376

Sam Odom

@ golfrulz

typical obfuscation & diversion

Sam Odom

Political Correctness forced into the the housing market and all that entails killed it

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Quote Originally Posted by golfrulz View Post
    Not really a Romney fan(I supported Santorum) but unions and democrats are the real reason jobs get shipped overseas. Unions because they demand too much and companies would rather have the cheaper overseas labor, and democrats because of the tax and regulation environment.

Sam Odom

Libs just dont get it -- They want Union Jobs to = 40.00hr + Health Ins + Retirement but cannot understand the job shift away from USA

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Quote Originally Posted by Sam Odom View Post
    Libs just dont get it -- They want Union Jobs to = 40.00hr + Health Ins + Retirement but cannot understand the job shift away from USA
    And then when politicians take away the gravy train from those taxpayer funded public sector union jobs(such as in Wisconsin) they all say its an attack on the working class, at the same time wondering why companies are fleeing the state and the state is going bankrupt.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith
    itchypickle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5620

And decent price points on our products (Samsung tv or Apple iPad etc). Imagine the price hikes on these items if unions produced them.

Their is a reason business owners vote republican and entry level workers and lifetime laborers vote democrat....one understands how a business and profit or expansion works and the other doesn't. Conservatives/Libertarians realize that for a business to be able to stay open and employ people it has to return MORE than $1 for every dollar it invests....so if an employee is not adding value to my business I will not keep them on out of 'social fairness' when it means bankrupting me.....Liberals believe if a company must sell 1000 items per month to break even but are only selling 900....its time to hire more people and give them benefits regardless of production.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Quote Originally Posted by itchypickle View Post
    And decent price points on our products (Samsung tv or Apple iPad etc). Imagine the price hikes on these items if unions produced them.

Their is a reason business owners vote republican and entry level workers and lifetime laborers vote democrat....one understands how a business and profit or expansion works and the other doesn't. Conservatives/Libertarians realize that for a business to be able to stay open and employ people it has to return MORE than $1 for every dollar it invests....so if an employee is not adding value to my business I will not keep them on out of 'social fairness' when it means bankrupting me.....Liberals believe if a company must sell 1000 items per month to break even but are only selling 900....its time to hire more people and give them benefits regardless of production.
    Leftists believe that businesses exist to employ people.
    Conservatives/Libertarians believe that businesses exist to make a profit and return a profit to its shareholders.
    Points Awarded:

guitarjosh gave frogsrangers 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: guitarjosh

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Obama chaired fanny and freddie as a senator so it is his fault the housing market is in the shitter. Its gonna take decades to fix the damage obama has done and not talking just housing im talking everything hes done in such a short period of time and if he gets another 4 years it will take even longer. The next bubble will be student loans because obama has buried the economy so bad that kids cant get a job when they graduate and pay them back. One out of every two college grads is unemployed.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21689

Quote Originally Posted by frogsrangers View Post
    Conservatives/Libertarians believe that businesses exist to make a profit and return a profit to its shareholders.
    And what do we call the people that believe both of these things?

Sam Odom

itchypickle , good points

too many Libs believe businesses & corporations are created to give people a 'living wage' , provide health Ins & supply the Fed govt with revenue (taxes) to social engineer

they rarely mention 'making a profit' !! in fact many libs see the word 'profit' as a dirty word

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

And then when politicians take away the gravy train from those taxpayer funded public sector union jobs(such as in Wisconsin) they all say its an attack on the working class, at the same time wondering why companies are fleeing the state and the state is going bankrupt.

I remember being torn between laughter at the ignorance or angered over the spoiled attitude when I was watching the Wisky Unions protest and a married couple who live in rural Wisconisn make a combined $123k per year between them PLUS health insurance, dental, and retirement benefits and paid vacations.....they were upset and calling it draconian that they be asked to pay another $100 per month toward their insurance premiums to ease the burden on the state budget......when other Wisconsin citizens work for $16k a year and no insurance unless one spouse works to pay for bills/food and another works solely for insurance......those poor suffering union workers.

frogsrangers
    Zackary > Angelito

Quote Originally Posted by ** PICKS View Post
    Obama chaired fanny and freddie as a senator so it is his fault the housing market is in the shitter. Its gonna take decades to fix the damage obama has done and not talking just housing im talking everything hes done in such a short period of time and if he gets another 4 years it will take even longer. The next bubble will be student loans because obama has buried the economy so bad that kids cant get a job when they graduate and pay them back. One out of every two college grads is unemployed.
    Agree... I just graduated last year and have not been able to find full time work in my field. It's not like I am being picky I have sent my resume out to every state and corner of this country and haven't even been called back by 1. Applied for 300+ jobs already. Good thing the job I had in college I was able to be promoted in a few times so I am pulling in 32k doing that, but its still a service industry job that I don't want to be doing for much longer, also its not enough money for me to cover all my student loan costs AND rent so I am still having to live at home.

With that being said, I am not the biggest Romney fan, but will vote for him for one reason: Supreme Court Justices. If Obama gets a 2nd term, we can say hello to our new Supreme Court Justice Eric Holder. That should be enough to scare anyone.

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post

And what do we call the people that believe both of these things?

you or anyone have the right to 'believe' whatever you want -- the problem begins when a business is mandated to supply these things which are detrimental to business growth (see post #17)

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

Exactly. Liberals just say throw more money at something..if it still isnt fixed, throw some more...instead of looking into what CAUSES the failure and addressing the issue when it means cutting or firing someone.

itchypickle
    Dan Bilzerian's gunsmith

too many Libs believe businesses & corporations are created to give people a 'living wage' , provide health Ins & supply the Fed govt with revenue (taxes) to social engineer

they rarely mention 'making a profit' !! in fact many libs see the word 'profit' as a dirty word
    This is what gets me...Obama runs around the country preaching for everyone to get out and make something of themselves...but when someone does...suddenly they are an asshole for actually being self sufficient and its time to give half back to those who didnt put in the effort.

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9448

Quote Originally Posted by golfrulz View Post
    Yeah, all those truly poor people are better off thanks to people like Romney. You don't like that because you're a racist.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8504

@ golfrulz

typical obfuscation & diversion
    why let truth get in the way?

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15319

Have we ever seen the GOP put up any resistance to the benefits the police and military get. FUK NO!!!!!! 20 yrs in the military and you get to retire and the loser police get to retire at 50 making 90% of their last years income. But you idiots all say they deserve it and nobody else does. Nothing but a bunch of two faced assholes.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: rkelly110

Sam Odom

Emily , dont forget those "loser police" are heavily Unionized - Military is not

One reason Obama is so happy to fire military personnel
    Last edited by Sam Odom; 04-30-12 at 05:04 PM.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Sorry boys, not everyone wants to be a business owner. Some people have to make the donuts.

If you're a business owner and the only thing on your mind is profit, there's a huge chance you're going to fck your help AND your customers. You won't be in business very long anyway. If you treat your people well, they will help you grow by way of working long hours and going above and beyond for you.

Usually unions who work for companies, have govt contracts with either state or federal. If you have any of those contracts, the govt will require a minimum wage way over the mandated minimum. That's a good thing for the people, local business', the economy and the govt by way of taxes.

If everything would be up to you guys, you would have us as slaves living on the plantation. Guess what, my pants go on the same as yours and your shit smells as bad as mine.

Sam Odom

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post

If you're a business owner and the only thing on your mind is profit, there's a huge chance you're going to fck your help AND your customers. You won't be in business very long anyway.
    emphasis: only thing

I will agree and so would 90% of business owners so why would they do it and go out of biz ?

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9448

Quote Originally Posted by rkelly110 View Post
    Sorry boys, not everyone wants to be a business owner. Some people have to make the donuts.

If you're a business owner and the only thing on your mind is profit, there's a huge chance you're going to fck your help AND your customers. You won't be in business very long anyway. If you treat your people well, they will help you grow by way of working long hours and going above and beyond for you.

Usually unions who work for companies, have govt contracts with either state or federal. If you have any of those contracts, the govt will require a minimum wage way over the mandated minimum. That's a good thing for the people, local business', the economy and the govt by way of taxes.

If everything would be up to you guys, you would have us as slaves living on the plantation. Guess what, my pants go on the same as yours and your shit smells as bad as mine.
    It's not a good think for the people that are priced out of the labor market because of minimum wage.

rkelly110
    rkelly110's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10576

Most business' start out small as an income provider for themselves. They usually treat
    their employees pretty well, at 1st. As they grow, the more greedy they get. Eventually
    fcking them. After that, fcking their customers. Remember BkofAma?

What I'm saying Josh is, if you're employed by a company who has govt contracts, they
    will pay you over the mandated nat'l minimum wage, what is it now $8.25? In order to have a govt contract, you must provided a minimum wage above the nat'l min wage. Or whatever the contract says.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

sounds good. i will be looking to buy in the next couple of years.

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

And which side would be responsible for that?

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    No education, no intelligence, makes his political decisions based on skin color and public speaking ability.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

this thread is a good example why most people shouldn't be allowed to vote. severe economic problems do not happen in a 8 or 10 year span in a mature economy. they happen gradual over a few decades. simpletons are easily persuaded by the ebbs and flow used by political figures to spin. the real problem is institutional and not divided by party lines. politicians just want to get reelected, so as long as, there is no threat to the members they do not care.

the people that do know this don't vote because they are out matched by the idiots.

12 Last