Catholic
    Catholic's Avatar Become A Pro!

easiest 5dimes bet

Obama to win Democratic nomination at -3800

Do they think Hillary is gonna shot him or something?

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

Is it that great ? $100 bet would yield $2.63 or 2.63% tied up for how many months?

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Would take something major for it not to happen... Probably something on the scale that losing the bet would seem pretty insignificant... I wouldn't think twice about bet it as long as you don't mind tying up your money till the Democratic convention...

LVHerbie
    LVHerbie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1973

Quote Originally Posted by ProfaneReality View Post
    Is it that great ? $100 bet would yield $2.63 or 2.63% tied up for how many months?
    6 months... Basically comes down if you willing to tie up your money for that period for the return it would yield since things would have to get pretty sick to lose the bet... Given the interest currently on other very low risk options (such US short term treasury bills which are basically currently paying close to zero) 2.63% return doesn't sound all that bad for six months as long as you don't need to money between now and then and can't find better opportunities (and, of course, are confident in 5dimes' solvency during that period)...

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by LVHerbie View Post
    Would take something major for it not to happen... Probably something on the scale that losing the bet would seem pretty insignificant... I wouldn't think twice about bet it as long as you don't mind tying up your money till the Democratic convention...
    Could be something personal with Obama... serious illness, affair, etc. Wouldn't really affect anyone's day to day life.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Yes Im desperate to make a few pennies off a hundred dollar bet