PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Since there are so many Bears fans on this forum: Offseason Speculation

I'm hearing Mario Williams rumors. That does sound enticing... Mario Williams and Julius Peppers? Jesus....

I'm hearing the Bears might actually take a WR in the first round, although I doubt they'd trade up since they never ever ever seem to trade up so they'd have to hope Michael Floyd fell to them. Doubt they have the balls to trade up far enough to get Justin Blackmon.

I've also heard they are considering WR's such as Vincent Jackson, and Brandon Marshall might be available if Miami gets Peyton... Reunite him with Cutler might not be a bad idea.

Also have heard Dwayne Bowe rumors... after seeing Bowe alligator arm a possible game winning pass last year, I really hope they don't. Seems like a pussy.

What do you want them to do as a bears fan?

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Bears are going WR first rd. without a question, Floyd would be wonderful, Alshon would probably be next.

Mario Williams would be ridiculous, but it would be about on par with the rest of the division.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

if vincent jackson plays for the bears i will burn my jersey immediately

Roto97
    Roto97's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    if Vincent Jackson plays for the bears i will burn my jersey immediately
    yes, please lets not get a receiver who is 29 yrs old, and will end up declining in 2 years. Plus he has 2 or 3 amazing games, then disappears in the next 10 games. I would much rather get Floyd in the first round and Cutler will force feed him the ball.

I don't see the Bears getting Mario Williams, too many holes in other spots. Plus that would tie up a lot of money on 2 Defensive ends. We can dream thou.

Roto97

Hmm...looking at some mock draft boards, some of them have floyd going as early as 7th to the Jaguars??? WTF??

God damn it I hope we don't end up with another 5'11 WR in kendall wright. I really don't see another Steve Smith in the NFL soon.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2404

Vincent Jackson would not fit with the bears. He's too inconsistent for any team really.... boon or bust with him.

I'd like to see Marshall, and or Royal make their way to Chicago...

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Chicago sports radio has seemed to fall in love with Marques Colston. I believe Bowe got hit with the franchise tag.

turtlejc
    turtlejc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

keep dreamin boys, were gonna end up with another offensive tackle from a big 10 school somewhere

also keep dreamin about these amazing free agent WR's and mario, lol the old hag bitch isnt gonna spend any money...gotta wait for her ass to die to win our next ship

Roto97

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    Vincent Jackson would not fit with the bears. He's too inconsistent for any team really.... boon or bust with him.

I'd like to see Marshall, and or Royal make their way to Chicago...
    I totally agree w/ Vjax he is frustrating on so many levels, especially when you have him on your fantasy team as well.

I believe Marshall is pretty well under contract w/ Miami, and might have Manning throwing him passes. If knox is not fully recovered, Royal would definitely be a worthwhile signing.

Yea, knowing our history I have a feeling we end up with Colston (and he will promptly hurt his knee & miss 5 games). And Floyd will end up going much earlier than 19th. I wish we had just lost that last damn game to the vikings, our pick would have been in the early teens.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Have to get Jackson or Floyd.

No chance at Marshall obviously but he'd be nice.

I haven't heard anything on Mario, where'd you see that? I just hear falcons and maybe jets.

Greed Is Good
    Greed Is Good's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by turtlejc View Post
    keep dreamin boys, were gonna end up with another offensive tackle from a big 10 school somewhere

also keep dreamin about these amazing free agent WR's and mario, lol the old hag bitch isnt gonna spend any money...gotta wait for her ass to die to win our next ship
    The Bears have spent plenty of money the last few years, its just a good portion of it went to the wrong players.

Roto97

Quote Originally Posted by Greed Is Good View Post
    The Bears have spent plenty of money the last few years, its just a good portion of it went to the wrong players.
    Yup, plenty more to come as they raised ticket prices for the 9th time in ten years.

The Bears announced Tuesday that prices for non-club tickets — approximately 85 percent of the 61,000 seats at Soldier Field — will increase from $2 to $10 for 2012. It bumps the non-club ticket range from $76-$150 per ticket. The range was $45-$85 when the new Soldier Field opened in 2003.
    Sadly, like Cubs fans they won't be punished by fans for not signing players. They will sell out as usual. Just kinda sad really.

Look at Steelers and Patriots, they know people will come no matter what. Still they win year in and year out. Most of the players the Steelers release on the defensive side, because they have younger and better replacements would start for the Bears immediately.
    Last edited by Roto97; 03-11-12 at 03:26 AM.

Greed Is Good
    Greed Is Good's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Roto97 View Post
    Yup, plenty more to come as they raised ticket prices for the 9th time in ten years.
    Oh I know. STH for years. Every time they raise them I want to run over to her place and drop a bag of flaming dog shit on her stoop! Grrrrrrrrr

Roto97

I think what finally has Bears mgmt a bit worried is not only are the packers are a great team. The friggin Lions are finally on an upswing, the likes which we have never seen before.

Thank god Chicago media gets on Bears mgmt, a bit too much sometimes. Only thing to keep them in check.

Roto97

Looks like its Bears, Bucks and Skins. Well, I am almost positive Daniel Smug Snyder will win that race for highest contract offer to V Jax.

Please oh please take him away from the Bears.

According to the Union-Tribune San Diego, "it is believed" the Redskins and Bears will be Vincent Jackson's most ardent suitors when free agency opens at 4PM ET on Tuesday.

Per Chargers beat writer Kevin Acee, the Bolts are "seemingly resigned" to the fact that Jackson will sign elsewhere because of his purported contract demands. Both the Redskins and Bears have a more desperate need and appear to be willing to spend more than San Diego. Acee goes so far as to suggests Washington "will do almost whatever it takes to get Jackson." Observed one source monitoring the V-Jax situation closely, "He’s going to get more than you or I could ever imagine he would."

Roto97

Well looks like Colston might be off the market, and Vjax looks headed toward Bucs.

Profootballtalk.com reports that the Saints are "working feverishly" to re-sign Marques Colston ahead of Tuesday's free agency period.

Per PFT, Colston "badly" wants to stay with the Saints. That's good, because New Orleans is working with less than $7 million in cap space

I hope this Mario Williams rumour is true, and then we get Floyd in the draft.

PickWinnerAllDay

Well looks like Colston might be off the market, and Vjax looks headed toward Bucs.

I hope this Mario Williams rumour is true, and then we get Floyd in the draft.
    If Floyd ends up a Bear, hopefully he does better than the last player from Notre Dame to wind up playing for a professional team in Chicago.

Roto97

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    If Floyd ends up a Bear, hopefully he does better than the last player from Notre Dame to wind up playing for a professional team in Chicago.
    Yea, tell me about it. My cousin (ND alum) used to tell me how great Golden Tate was.

I am hoping Floyd works out, who knows. And refresh my memory on the last ND player for the bears.

All I can think of is Chris Zorich.

PickWinnerAllDay

Jim Seymour was kind of a bust... but I was referring to the fact ''Shark'' (Jeff S.) has been stealing money from the Cubbies for a few years now.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jeff is gonna start this year. Looks good in camp. About time.
    Last edited by zsr; 03-13-12 at 02:40 AM.

Ernie Mccracken
    Ernie Mccracken's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4304

Lots of bears fans here at SBR, for sure.

Name:  bear_man.jpg
Views: 115
Size:  23.4 KB

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21737

Jim Seymour was kind of a bust... but I was referring to the fact ''Shark'' (Jeff S.) has been stealing money from the Cubbies for a few years now.
    I thought you were going for Armando Allen. Think he made an appearance or two with the Bears. Didn't Shark go 8-4, 2.97 ERA last season in 75 games? I think a lot of pitchers would be pretty happy with that.

Roto97

I already like the new GM for getting Marshall, something his predecessor wouldn't have done. Cutler will be force feeding that ball to marshall, like he did in denver.

Lets just go get Royal next

PickWinnerAllDay

Bears have a legit WR now... if they can stay healthy, they can challenge the Pack for the division.

The NFC North is the best division in football by far, Lions, Pack, and Bears are all very good.

I haven't forgotten that the reason Cutler got hurt last year is b/c he was trying to make a tackle b/c Johnny Knox fell down and allowed the easy interception.

Knox and Hester slip on like 50% of their routes. Pussies.

Roto97

Bears have a legit WR now...

Knox and Hester slip on like 50% of their routes. Pussies.
    Agreed on the legit WR.

Yea, Knox slips a lot, and Hester is not a legit starting NFL Wr. Although, a lot of the slipping has to do with the shitty Bears turf.

Ehh..pussies. They play in the NFL, if you took a shot from a NFL LB you would be either dead or in a coma.

PickWinnerAllDay

Agreed on the legit WR.

Yea, Knox slips a lot, and Hester is not a legit starting NFL Wr. Although, a lot of the slipping has to do with the shitty Bears turf.

Ehh..pussies. They play in the NFL, if you took a shot from a NFL LB you would be either dead or in a coma.
    Speaking of being dead, during high school baseball, a guy hit me with a fastball in the temple with an errant pitch in warm ups and this guy was drafted 25th overall to the Twins a couple years later, could hit 94-95 on the gun... I probably should be dead, but I had to wear a plastic protector under my baseball hat for the rest of my career to ensure it was never hit again.

But yeah, when I call pro football players pussies, I am obviously speaking relatively. Hester will be a hall of famer, but he is an awful receiver and I'm tired of seeing people trash Cutler when he has no WR help at all.

Roto97

I'm tired of seeing people trash Cutler when he has no WR help at all.
    Agreed. I had Marshall in fantasy when he was in Denver, Cutler only had eyes for him. It was hilarious and great for fantasy, but bad for denver sometimes.

Hopefully, he doesn't lock in too much on Marshall. I can't believe Marshall is only 27.

Looks like we might be out of running for Mario. Although Lombardi is a wrong 50% of the time. I don't see why we would be, especially we didn't use any $$ to sign a WR. If anything we now don't have to pay two rookies in this years draft and next year.

The Bills had Williams right where they wanted him, but couldn't seal the deal. Williams does not appear to be ruling out taking his talents to Buffalo, but the odds have certainly decreased. It's unknown where else Williams is planning to visit, but NFL.com's Michael Lombardi reported Tuesday the Bears have dropped out of the running.