Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quick lesson for gamblers

Quick lesson;

as soon as you learn to say these words you will be more profitable:

"I don't know"
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Duff85, Inkwell77, and thirtytwo

B1GER1C828
    Bostoneric
    B1GER1C828's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 318

These words are too wise.

JohnGalt2341
    46 and 2 are just ahead of me
    JohnGalt2341's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3715

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    Quick lesson;

"I don't know"
    I agree. I think this rule should be applied to religion as well. It made me think of a quote by Clarence Darrow: "I am an Agnostic; I do not pretend to know what many ignorant men are sure of."

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

The sharp admission is to admit a play is only sharp after it cashes. Unless, as thebestthereis says, you have some kind of inside late-breaking information that no one else knows about, which basically none of us here do.

Honestly, if you pooled a group of players and coaches together and asked them to pick a set of games ATS, I doubt many of them would do particularly well. So if they don't know, why would we?

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    The sharp admission is to admit a play is only sharp after it cashes. Unless, as thebestthereis says, you have some kind of inside late-breaking information that no one else knows about, which basically none of us here do.

Honestly, if you pooled a group of players and coaches together and asked them to pick a set of games ATS, I doubt many of them would do particularly well. So if they don't know, why would we?

This is not true. For instance, I was not upset to lose my bet on the 49ers in the NFC championship game, or my small ML wager on the Ravens in the same week. I felt I was on the "right" side and lost. Conversely, there have been several occasions where I knew I was on the wrong side and got a couple late turnovers to win.

Being right doesn't always mean you win in gambling. Try playing a few rounds of poker if you don't believe me.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10512

i dont know

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by icancount2one View Post
    This is not true. For instance, I was not upset to lose my bet on the 49ers in the NFC championship game, or my small ML wager on the Ravens in the same week. I felt I was on the "right" side and lost. Conversely, there have been several occasions where I knew I was on the wrong side and got a couple late turnovers to win.

Being right doesn't always mean you win in gambling. Try playing a few rounds of poker if you don't believe me.
    You are never on the right side when it's a losing bet. Ever. Period. And this is coming from someone who makes a lot of excuses and sees a lot of shady bullshit. You can't cash a ticket just because you were on the "right side" of a loss, so that makes being on the "right side" completely and utterly irrelevant.

You may feel like you were on the "right side" in those two particular games, but you weren't. I was on the same two plays. They weren't the correct play, because they lost. That's all that matters.

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

Quick lesson;

"I don't know"
    One of the sharpest fukks on SBR imo.

I got better at betting sports when I admitted to myself that I didn't know shit.

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

I know

mikejamm
    mikejamm's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1536

Quick lesson?

Stupid fuk'in statement without any real substance to back it up. The fact of the matter is "We do know", with the variable being "if" we take the time to study and learn the games we are betting on. Gambling is nothing more than statistics and the probability of how those statistics when applied correctly, will produce the winning outcome. Professional gamblers who take the time to do the research and correctly identify common and uncommon variables on any particular game will find success at winning a vast majority of the time.

Without going into extreme detail, a simple example of an uncommon and easily exploitable variable, is injuries. Kobe Bryant got his nose broke in a game last week against the Heat. Since then, the Lakers have lost 2 straight games and have yet to cover the spread in 4, simply because Kobe got hurt, was not 100% and off his game.

Another easily identifiable "in the know" variable was Saturday's NC/NC.ST game. There was no way in hell NC was gonna cover a -9 1/2 pt spread with John Henson, a starter and ACC defensive player of the year who averages 14pts and 10 rebounds a game, out with a wrist injury. NC also subsequently lost the Sunday ACC final, which they were favored by -6. Easy money if you took a little time to do your research.

So a statement like "I don't know" being related to making you more profitable is about as ignorant as saying, "that race horse just took a healthy shit, so he'll win today because he's lighter." If you're using and thinking in terms like "I don't know", you probably shouldn't be gambling in the first place.
    Points Awarded:

Inkwell77 gave mikejamm 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

You are never on the right side when it's a losing bet. Ever. Period. And this is coming from someone who makes a lot of excuses and sees a lot of shady bullshit. You can't cash a ticket just because you were on the "right side" of a loss, so that makes being on the "right side" completely and utterly irrelevant.

You may feel like you were on the "right side" in those two particular games, but you weren't. I was on the same two plays. They weren't the correct play, because they lost. That's all that matters.
    So if you make a bet with a buddy and he gives you heads +150 and he gets tails -150 and the flip lands on tails it's the wrong play?

Please stop making gambling related posts all you do is make yourself look dumber constantly.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Does not make sense

I do not know is a terrible answer in any line of work

The correct answer is................" I will get back to you with an answer"

Rudy your good kid but major square

ApricotSinner32

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Does not make sense

I do not know is a terrible answer in any line of work

The correct answer is................" I will get back to you with an answer"

Rudy your good kid but major square
    Gold I think what rudy is applying is if people were more humble and honest with their approach to gambling they would have more sucess or lose less. A lot of games people don't know if they have an edge on the bet and still bet it. Just to give an example. Correct me if i'm wrong rudy.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

You're doing it wrong.
    If you want to be successful at this you have to realize there is being on the right side: covering the whole game, etc.
    And there are rough beats: backdoor cover, bad call, etc.

If you are sharp you will lose more of the "bad beat" type of bets than you will win. You will be on the right side because you capped the game well and something unfortunate will happen.

Look at the type of people who use the whole, "only the end result matters" type of thought. In sports gambling that is not a good way to think. Sports gambling is not black and white. There are many many factors to each and every game.

If you start to think stuff is "shady" or "fixed" you may have trouble. When you start thinking like a square times start getting tough, we all know this.

Living The Dream
    Looks like an Underdog Week 2!
    Living The Dream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 761

I DO NOT KNOW why people on here brag about a game they are winning in the first 10 minutes of the game amd jinx it for everyone on their side. It's like playing bj at a table and the dumbass next to you hits on 16 with the dealer showing a 6 and he takes you 10 when you are on a 5-5, then you draw a 5.

I DO NOT KNOW why people have to exist.

ApricotSinner32

Quote Originally Posted by Living The Dream View Post
    I DO NOT KNOW why people on here brag about a game they are winning in the first 10 minutes of the game amd jinx it for everyone on their side. It's like playing bj at a table and the dumbass next to you hits on 16 with the dealer showing a 6 and he takes you 10 when you are on a 5-5, then you draw a 5.

I DO NOT KNOW why people have to exist.
    Whining doesn't change anything. It just spreads negative energy into the universe.

Living The Dream

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post
    Whining doesn't change anything. It just spreads negative energy into the universe.
    This isn't whining. I have won when dummies do this just as much as I have lost.

Doesn't make it right, its stupid.

ApricotSinner32

Quote Originally Posted by Living The Dream View Post
    This isn't whining. I have won when dummies do this just as much as I have lost.

Doesn't make it right, its stupid.
    Newsflash: Most gamblers are losing money but still wager. By that definition its fair to assume they are stupid when it comes to betting. Not shocking by any stretch of the imagination.

Living The Dream

Thanks for the newsflash

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

Isn't everyone on this board a millionaire professional gambler?

Rio DiNero
    using no way as way
    Rio DiNero's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 218

No one knows less, than the man that knows it all.

stevek173
    stevek173's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5964

What is this cryptic shit Rudy

Get a grip man

ByeShea
    ByeShea's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11662

His point went over your head. You should have just wrote "I don't know".

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quick lesson;

"I don't know"

So true.

A variant of the above: trying to quantify the unknowns (ie if it has a 1% effect you can maybe ignore it, but 5%......)

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

I dont know shit !

probettor1
    probettor1's Avatar Become A Pro!

We will be more impressed if u use a few examples before the game starts to say I know. Give 10 examples and I'll give you 300 dollars per day to ride on for life. You will keep 80% of the winnings.

probettor1

Was talking to mikejamm who says he knows

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

Quote Originally Posted by mikejamm View Post
    Quick lesson?

Stupid fuk'in statement without any real substance to back it up. The fact of the matter is "We do know", with the variable being "if" we take the time to study and learn the games we are betting on. Gambling is nothing more than statistics and the probability of how those statistics when applied correctly, will produce the winning outcome. Professional gamblers who take the time to do the research and correctly identify common and uncommon variables on any particular game will find success at winning a vast majority of the time.

Without going into extreme detail, a simple example of an uncommon and easily exploitable variable, is injuries. Kobe Bryant got his nose broke in a game last week against the Heat. Since then, the Lakers have lost 2 straight games and have yet to cover the spread in 4, simply because Kobe got hurt, was not 100% and off his game.

Another easily identifiable "in the know" variable was Saturday's NC/NC.ST game. There was no way in hell NC was gonna cover a -9 1/2 pt spread with John Henson, a starter and ACC defensive player of the year who averages 14pts and 10 rebounds a game, out with a wrist injury. NC also subsequently lost the Sunday ACC final, which they were favored by -6. Easy money if you took a little time to do your research.

So a statement like "I don't know" being related to making you more profitable is about as ignorant as saying, "that race horse just took a healthy shit, so he'll win today because he's lighter." If you're using and thinking in terms like "I don't know", you probably shouldn't be gambling in the first place.

You seriously need to get laid

probettor1

Quote Originally Posted by mikejamm View Post
    Quick lesson?

We will be more impressed if u use a few examples before the game starts to say I know. Give 10 examples and I'll give you 300 dollars per day to ride on for life. You will keep 80% of the winnings.

WILLIE
    Anyone want to smoke with Willie again?
    WILLIE's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by probettor1 View Post
    The worst bet I EVER made in my life was on November 26, 1989. Los Angeles Rams at New Orleans Saints. Ten of the eleven different computer systems(91%) I had excess to came up with New Orleans as the play. I had won 10 of 12 games during the day and had everything parlayed( every combination of 2, 3, and 4 teamers that could be had) to the Saints' game that night. Needless to say, I lost a little over $28,000 on what I THOUGHT was a SURE thing. Expensive lesson, but a valuable lesson nonetheless. There is no perfect system, the 'holy grail', but YES you can be on the 'right' side of a losing game. Jim Mora, the most inept coach ( just my opinion for obvious reasons) with a half time lead chose to play too conservative in the second half of that game and rely on his defense to win the game.

CanuckG
    CanuckG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 584

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post
    So if you make a bet with a buddy and he gives you heads +150 and he gets tails -150 and the flip lands on tails it's the wrong play?

Please stop making gambling related posts all you do is make yourself look dumber constantly.

probettor1

Quote Originally Posted by WILLIE View Post
    The worst bet I EVER made in my life was on November 26, 1989. Los Angeles Rams at New Orleans Saints. Ten of the eleven different computer systems(91%) I had excess to came up with New Orleans as the play. I had won 10 of 12 games during the day and had everything parlayed( every combination of 2, 3, and 4 teamers that could be had) to the Saints' game that night. Needless to say, I lost a little over $28,000 on what I THOUGHT was a SURE thing. Expensive lesson, but a valuable lesson nonetheless. There is no perfect system, the 'holy grail', but YES you can be on the 'right' side of a losing game. Jim Mora, the most inept coach ( just my opinion for obvious reasons) with a half time lead chose to play too conservative in the second half of that game and rely on his defense to win the game.
    The fact is you can be 60, 70, 80% sure but you never "know". There are no locks.
    If locks were possible, vegas would not exists.

alex_DC
    alex_DC's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lmao you men are clueless man, only way to win is spot betting, make 4 to 10 plays a year, go 8-2 and count $ you fkn betting 4am indian cricket mother fukkers

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

damn i didnt know i made this thread

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

nobody knows anything about what will happen

take bonuses, play free contests, swing the odds in your favor and you will win over the long run. otherwise you will lose. simple as that.

12 Last