ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

is it time to sell apple shares??

Amid the foxconn controversy of unethical workplace practices coming to light over previous weeks and peoples reactions to this could there be troubled times ahead for the company Mr Jobs created? A stagnant share price is also beginning to add woe to investors concerns...

Could we be witnessing the biggest i-boo boo in the companies strong history?
    Points Awarded:

flyingillini gave ACoochy 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: flyingillini

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Nah. Their products overcome all of the other crap.

Nittany Lion
    Nittany Lion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 675

Really wish I would have bought Apple stock back in early 2003 at $7 a share.... how sick would it have been to buy $10,000 worth of shares at $7 a share. The stock also split 2:1 in 2005 so you would have doubled your shares, so now at the current price of around $513 a share you would have close to $1.5 million on an original $10k investment.

Doc, fire up the DeLorean, I'm going back to 2003.

VegasVixen
    Update your status
    VegasVixen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1357

Def don't sell right now. Threre's another board meeting tonight , maybe tomorow? Among items being discussed are a possible dividend payout stock, stock buyback and/or split. It's a great time to be a shareholder...

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Quote Originally Posted by VegasVixen View Post
    Def don't sell right now. There's another board meeting tonight , maybe tomorow? Among items being discussed are a possible dividend payout stock, stock buyback and/or split. It's a great time to be a shareholder...
    Good post. The Chinese issues with trademarks and working conditions are certainly not good news, but Apple could end up returning some of its enormous cash balance to shareholders through dividends or doing some sort of share buybacks. Apple is sitting on a ton of cash right now. Next time you read one of these threads on sbr talking about how bad investing in the stock market is or how bad America is in decline, I read an article that said if someone had of invested $10,000 into Apple in 2000 it would be would be worth about $966,667 today.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

It might have some downside short term but I think safe long term

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1860

Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post
    Good post. The Chinese issues with trademarks and working conditions are certainly not good news, but Apple could end up returning some of its enormous cash balance to shareholders through dividends or doing some sort of share buybacks. Apple is sitting on a ton of cash right now. Next time you read one of these threads on sbr talking about how bad investing in the stock market is or how bad America is in decline, I read an article that said if someone had of invested $10,000 into Apple in 2000 it would be would be worth about $966,667 today.
    You could have invested $10,000 into New York Giants Futures 3 months ago and you'd have $1000000.

Saved waiting 10 years.

Ford was a $1 just recently and went to $20 quickly.

Easy to say now, even if you told people they still would not have bought any of these.

Nittany Lion
    Nittany Lion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 675

Quote Originally Posted by gregm View Post
    If you read my post a few posts above yours, it's actually closer to 1.5 million if you would have purchased $10k of stock at $7 a share back in 2003.

gregm
    gregm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

Quote Originally Posted by Nittany Lion View Post
    If you read my post a few posts above yours, it's actually closer to 1.5 million if you would have purchased $10k of stock at $7 a share back in 2003.
    You are right NL, those are amazing numbers. Iphone and ipads, how much are they even going to put into personal computers anymore is my question.