Hurls
    Hurls's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 663

well if the question is people who get lifelong entitlements that dont deserve them(in my book if you are legit disabled or have a damn good reason you should get some help). the people who just are lazy are the worst scum on earth

andywend
    andywend's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

A very high percentage of the ultra high earners favor a more progressive income tax and higher tax on the top earners.
    D2bets, when you say "ultra high earners", I assume you are talking about people like Bill Gates and Warren Buffett ( BILLIONAIRES not MILLIONAIRES).

If my assumption about what you're saying is correct, then I agree with you as billionaires believe in a more progressive income tax and higher tax on the top earners than millionaires.

Do you understand the reason why billionaires are so progressive when it comes to taxes? Its because the vast, vast majority of their net worth has already been taxed and an increase in income tax rates has virtually no negative effect on them whatsoever. If someone has a net worth of $10 BILLION and an annual income of say $500 million, only 5% of their net worth is exposed to the increase in tax rates.

I would guess most billionaires have some feelings of guilt which comes from acquiring so much wealth and they don't mind paying a tiny bit more to appease that guilt. However, these "eliteist" democrats can easily be exposed for the hypocrites that they are by passing legislation that taxes their massive net worth annually while they are alive.

One way of tackling our massive deficit and bringing in an absolute mountain of new tax revenue is to pass an annual "net worth tax" on individuals whose net worth is say over $100 million.

I'm not saying this would be even remotely fair but it would expose eliteist democrats like Bill Gates and Warren Buffett who would come out strongly in OPPOSITION to the measure.
    Lower wage earning states and lower education individuals support Republicans at a higher rate.
    When liberal democrats say statements like this, they are trying to twist words to imply that lower wage earners support republicans while higher wage earners support democrats.

Is this indeed what you're claiming? A simple "Yes" or "No" answer will do.
    O King Andy. Because you pay more taxes, makes you better than us?
    Absolutely NOT!!!
    The welfare shouldn't be allowed to vote, because they don't pay taxes?
    100% correct. Individuals collecting welfare should NOT be allowed to vote. The privilege of voting should only be included for tax paying Americans. The chronically unemployed should have their voting privileges taken away until they find a full-time job.
    We already showed you in the constitution, everyone has the right to vote.

If only land owners and the rich were allowed to vote, guess who the elected officials
    would be for? You guessed it, the rich, like themselves. Sounds like the Republican
    party doesn't it?
    The ORIGINAL constitution only allowed land owners, the rich and the educated to vote. These are the principles that the U.S. was founded upon by our forefathers and were then changed by people who thought they knew better. Thank you for admitting what I knew already (if our founding forefathers were alive today, they would be die-hard conservatives and would be absolutely disgusted with the democratic party).

While I personally disagree with slavery, I support just about everything else our founding forefathers stood for and believed in especially including their rigid voting requirements.

The more taxes an individual pays, the more that vote should be weighted. This means my vote should count far more than yours and the votes of Bill Gates and Warren Buffett who are die-hard democrats should count far more than mine.

This is what I believe and if you don't like it, then TOUGH SHIT. I have every right to believe what I want AS DO YOU.

TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    Cenny, what do you value more, freedom or a paycheck??
    Hmm I have a sneaking feeling you're going to tear me a new one with either answer. Can't I have both? Also, please give me your definition of freedom and paycheck. Is a paycheck the ability to feed/provide for my family or a weekly/biweekly payment for work?

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    Aren't 99% of the people here tax evaders?
    No way son, I'm pretty sure everyone on here pays their taxes and contributes to the presidential election fund.

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by Hotdiggity11 View Post
    Taxation is part of the constitutional powers of the government. Nothing "stealing" about it.
    We also have a constitutional right to bear arms but that doesn't mean we get to aim a nuke at the capitol building

willyback
    willyback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

Quote Originally Posted by Hurls View Post
    well if the question is people who get lifelong entitlements that dont deserve them(in my book if you are legit disabled or have a damn good reason you should get some help). the people who just are lazy are the worst scum on earth
    Lazy people aren't the scum of the earth. America's founding fathers were pretty freakin' lazy. That's why they imported slaves. They were the original welfare kings, receiving entitlements from the hard work of others.

No system is perfect. Some people are naturally motivated. Others not so much. Some people are outright lazy. It's just how life works.
    Points Awarded:

betplom gave willyback 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: betplom

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

The wasteful government is worse.

PickWinnerAllDay
    I'd never gamble again for Taylor Swift
    PickWinnerAllDay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaul2008 View Post
    The wasteful government is worse.
    That is another argument.

Do I really feel bad for not reporting the _____ I made this week to the government to tax when they waste our money by handing out food stamps to people who use their cash on Iphones, beer, and cigarettes?

No, I don't. Not at all.

RonPaul2008
    Update your status
    RonPaul2008's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 243569

Quote Originally Posted by PickWinnerAllDay View Post
    That is another argument.

Do I really feel bad for not reporting the _____ I made this week to the government to tax when they waste our money by handing out food stamps to people who use their cash on Iphones, beer, and cigarettes?

No, I don't. Not at all.
    Thanks for putting words in my mouth. I'm not worried about food stamps...i'm worried about bailouts of banks and corporations and subsidies to those same organizations - as well as things like spending sh*tloads on cops and prisons for the immoral and unconstitutional drug laws.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

people who don't pay taxes by far if they have the means.

i had cancer and numerous surgeries, and hospital stays in the last six years. there is no way i could hold down a job. even though i am going to college part time, its difficult and its hard for me to say if i can get into my career after i graduate. should i feel like an asshole because i am receiving disability s.c from the federal govt and my state?
    \

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaul2008 View Post
    Thanks for putting words in my mouth. I'm not worried about food stamps...i'm worried about bailouts of banks and corporations and subsidies to those same organizations - as well as things like spending sh*tloads on cops and prisons for the immoral and unconstitutional drug laws.
    They waste money... we can start an argument on what aspect of their wastefulness is the most egregious if you want... I'd rather not though. I will say this though, after experimentation in college, marijuana should not be legalized. Americans are lazy as hell as it is. Marijuana being legalized will not improve that.

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    people who don't pay taxes by far if they have the means.

i had cancer and numerous surgeries, and hospital stays in the last six years. there is no way i could hold down a job. even though i am going to college part time, its difficult and its hard for me to say if i can get into my career after i graduate. should i feel like an asshole because i am receiving disability s.c from the federal govt and my state?
    \
    You should feel however you want to feel. You shouldn't let anyone tell you what you're doing is wrong or right. It is up to you. The situation is different for everyone.

My girlfriend's mother is in her mid 30's and is basically like a child. She did have cancer so she is on disability and gets food stamps but she spends most of her money at victoria's secret and on trips with whatever guy she is dating at the time.

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

How can your girls mom be mid 30s? she had your girl when she was 14ish?

PickWinnerAllDay

Quote Originally Posted by teaserpleaser View Post
    How can your girls mom be mid 30s? she had your girl when she was 14ish?
    She's 36, had my girlfriend when she was 14. This woman is mentally unstable. Never had a child hood so she behaves like she is 12. A huge pain in my ass to put up with. She was born in Spain. Been here for 25 years but it is still hard to understand her.

First 12