TheCentaur
    TheCentaur's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 68

TTwarrior you remember that time I gave you 100 points...

when you were feeling depressed around Thanksgiving, complaining about being broke and how bad ur luck was? I didn't ask anything for it, but never even got a thank you from you. You proceeded to blow it quickly. So now I'm out 100 points that I earned and/or saved, and you still have no clue how to win or save your points.

Sound familiar? Rich people, or conservatives, or whatever you want to call them aren't the selfish greedy pricks so many like to say they are. They just understand that everyone can't have everything they want, and trying to force it helps no one, and ultimately hurts us all.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9824

you posted this once before and i did say ty , but why are you posting this now and again

This is sbr, not real life, sorry

Hawkeye2011
    Hawkeye2011's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by TheCentaur View Post
    when you were feeling depressed around Thanksgiving, complaining about being broke and how bad ur luck was? I didn't ask anything for it, but never even got a thank you from you. You proceeded to blow it quickly. So now I'm out 100 points that I earned and/or saved, and you still have no clue how to win or save your points.

Sound familiar? Rich people, or conservatives, or whatever you want to call them aren't the selfish greedy pricks so many like to say they are. They just understand that everyone can't have everything they want, and trying to force it helps no one, and ultimately hurts us all.
    Wonderful example.....well said

**I feel so depressed**

john230
    john230's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by ttwarrior1 View Post
    you posted this once before and i did say ty , but why are you posting this now and again

This is sbr, not real life, sorry

Sounds like the OP is using this as an example on why liberal policies fail. Maybe the author watched the Obama speech. This quote might sum it up- "Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach him to fish, he eats for a lifetime."

DiggityDaggityDo
    DiggityDaggityDo's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30710

I hate fish.

Tuna fish is not bad though. Gotta have mayo and bread tho.

john230

Quote Originally Posted by DiggityDaggityDo View Post
    I hate fish.

Tuna fish is not bad though. Gotta have mayo and bread tho.
    Grilled swordfish with a baked potato is a good meal.

Hawkeye2011
    Hawkeye2011's Avatar Become A Pro!

Cajun talapia

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Centaur is a good guy..

And tt is a republican, check his 2010, early-2011 posts... He just trying to mush the dems

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by john230 View Post
    Sounds like the OP is using this as an example on why liberal policies fail. Maybe the author watched the Obama speech. This quote might sum it up- "Give a man a fish, he eats for a day. Teach him to fish, he eats for a lifetime."
    Yup, you got it. There is still more to it though. That classic story happens in a vacuum. Real world policies don't. To continue with the fish example, liberal policies would give a fish for a day, that guy would say "hey this is cool, I'm full now, what do I do?" So he has a kid. Well, he still doesn't know how to fish and neither does his kid, so now they get two fish. And so on, Etc. Meanwhile the proportion of fisherman to fish eaters becomes lower and lower over time. Eventually the people who know how to fish die off with few or no offspring because they were so busy fishing, and now there are a whole lot of hungry people.

These people know they like fish but are not sure how to catch them, so they wade into the water flailing about unsuccessfully. The sharks and piranhha can sense the distress in the water and begin to feed on humans. Humans fall way down on the food chain and sharks and piranhha become apex predators, learning such skills as playing dead in the water to attract stupid humans who are hungry.

Do you want to be evolutionarily passed by sharks and piranhhas? If not then don't re-elect Obama

TR88
    TR88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Salmon rules men

TR88
    TR88's Avatar Become A Pro!

DiggityDaggityDo

Grilled swordfish with a baked potato is a good meal.
    Do you ever buy the $1 talapia or salmon frozen packages from the grocery store? Its real fish, not breaded or fast food or anything like that. It's already seasoned, all you have to do is throw it into the microwave or oven, make a side like rice or pasta or whatever and you have yourself a complete meal for just over a buck.

They are pretty good too. I buy 10 for $10 at a time.

john230

Yup, you got it. There is still more to it though. That classic story happens in a vacuum. Real world policies don't. To continue with the fish example, liberal policies would give a fish for a day, that guy would say "hey this is cool, I'm full now, what do I do?" So he has a kid. Well, he still doesn't know how to fish and neither does his kid, so now they get two fish. And so on, Etc. Meanwhile the proportion of fisherman to fish eaters becomes lower and lower over time. Eventually the people who know how to fish die off with few or no offspring because they were so busy fishing, and now there are a whole lot of hungry people.

These people know they like fish but are not sure how to catch them, so they wade into the water flailing about unsuccessfully. The sharks and piranhha can sense the distress in the water and begin to feed on humans. Humans fall way down on the food chain and sharks and piranhha become apex predators, learning such skills as playing dead in the water to attract stupid humans who are hungry.

Do you want to be evolutionarily passed by sharks and piranhhas? If not then don't re-elect Obama

Good points. Not sure I want Gingrich in there. Rather have the Massuchusetts Moderate.

Plus573
    It's Miller Time
    Plus573's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1887

From 100 betpoints given in charity to sharks passing humans in evolution, funniest thing I've read tonight. Moral of the story, if you give people charity, don't ever go swimming in the ocean.

TheCentaur

Same day caught yellowfin tuna is incredible if you can get it.

DiggityDaggityDo

Shark meat is delicious. If prepared correctly it can taste like a steak. It all depends on the type of shark though of course.

I wonder what piranha tastes like though??? My guess is too many bones.

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by Plus573 View Post

From 100 betpoints given in charity to sharks passing humans in evolution, funniest thing I've read tonight. Moral of the story, if you give people charity, don't ever go swimming in the ocean.
    Obviously

DirkDiggs
    Clippers ML!
    DirkDiggs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Doesn't giving a man 100 points pretty much equate to giving a man a fish?

You should of got all conservative on him and started spewing some hate/bigot speech about how SBR and Obama, probably more Obama than anything else has created a welfare state by giving everyone 12 points a day. There are more people receiving 12 points a day now then ever before, and it's all Obama's fault. Conservatives could be using 0 of those points to pay down the deficit, 6 to give to the people that have the most points, and 6 to go to war with Iran.

In all seriousness though, you are pretty much a God for giving away some of your betpoints and not wanting anything back in return, just being totally happy knowing that you helped someone else without making any grand pronouncements. A true Reagan SBRer you are!

TheCentaur

Quote Originally Posted by DirkDiggs View Post
    Doesn't giving a man 100 points pretty much equate to giving a man a fish?
    Yes that's why I won't be doing it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by DirkDiggs View Post
    You should of got all conservative on him and started spewing some hate/bigot speech about how SBR and Obama, probably more Obama than anything else has created a welfare state by giving everyone 12 points a day. There are more people receiving 12 points a day now then ever before, and it's all Obama's fault. Conservatives could be using 0 of those points to pay down the deficit, 6 to give to the people that have the most points, and 6 to go to war with Iran.

In all seriousness though, you are pretty much a God for giving away some of your betpoints and not wanting anything back in return, just being totally happy knowing that you helped someone else without making any grand pronouncements. A true Reagan SBRer you are!
    Haha well said, good one. I like it. But if you really think about it the 12 points a day are our salary for depositing in a book and posting/adding traffic to the forum. Time is betpoints son.

Look I don't think Obama is evil, and I don't think these Republicans are messiahs. I know one thing, politicians want more than anything to get re-elected. I would rather the POTUSA is worried about pleasing a voting constituency that is for less government programs and entitlements than one that wants bigger refunds and more handouts.

Also, the military bit gets old. War boosts the economy so quit acting like it is costing us so much, and the same people who criticize invading Iraq and killing Hussein are the same ones who would be outraged at an administration that would have left him in power to kill even more people.

john230

Yes that's why I won't be doing it anymore.

Haha well said, good one. I like it. But if you really think about it the 12 points a day are our salary for depositing in a book and posting/adding traffic to the forum. Time is betpoints son.

Look I don't think Obama is evil, and I don't think these Republicans are messiahs. I know one thing, politicians want more than anything to get re-elected. I would rather the POTUSA is worried about pleasing a voting constituency that is for less government programs and entitlements than one that wants bigger refunds and more handouts.

Also, the military bit gets old. War boosts the economy so quit acting like it is costing us so much, and the same people who criticize invading Iraq and killing Hussein are the same ones who would be outraged at an administration that would have left him in power to kill even more people.
    Disagree with you on the Iraq War. US invaded on false pretenses. A good man in Colin Powell was left out to dry when he was chosen to make the case. 5000 American dead, 35,000 wounded, trillion spent. Yeah war may help the economy, but so does giving out fish to people who want to eat. George W standing in front of a banner on a ship with the words "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED". What have we really accomplished except eliminate 1 Evil man. I guess time will tell.

ttwarrior1
    ttwarrior1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9824

u gave me 100 pts because i deserved it

Some poor deserve it too, key word some

DiggityDaggityDo

Everybody getting so off topic in this thread.

We're talking about fish.

Do you guys like flounder???

john230

Everybody getting so off topic in this thread.

We're talking about fish.

Do you guys like flounder???

LOL Swordfish and Salmon basically. Stay away from flounder.

TheCentaur

Disagree with you on the Iraq War. US invaded on false pretenses. A good man in Colin Powell was left out to dry when he was chosen to make the case. 5000 American dead, 35,000 wounded, trillion spent. Yeah war may help the economy, but so does giving out fish to people who want to eat. George W standing in front of a banner on a ship with the words "MISSION ACCOMPLISHED". What have we really accomplished except eliminate 1 Evil man. I guess time will tell.
    How many people did that evil man kill before we got to him?

Yes, definitely not a perfect war though.

Also I don't think redistribution of fish helps the economy for the reasons I stated earlier.

TheCentaur

I wonder what piranha tastes like though??? My guess is too many bones.
    I don't know but they can be useful. I tried to find the video of it with no success but I remember watching a documentary on inhabitants along the Amazon, and it showed women cutting childrens' hair using pirranha jaws like they were sitting in a Great Clips.
    Last edited by TheCentaur; 01-25-12 at 12:49 AM.

john230

I don't know but they can be useful. I tried to find the video of it with no success but I remember watching a documentary on inhabitants along the Amazon, and it showed women cutting childrens' hair using pirranha jaws like they were sitting in a Great Clips.

This thread's progression

Giving away points
    Liberal policies
    Economic theory
    Evolution theory
    Eating Fish
    Iraq War
    Getting a haircut
    Last edited by john230; 01-25-12 at 08:18 AM.

DirkDiggs
    Clippers ML!
    DirkDiggs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Haha well said, good one. I like it.

Yes, my response was all in good fun, thanks for appreciating that.

But I would like to address the last point regarding the connection between spending on the military-industrial complex and stimulating the economy. This connection is much, much weaker than it once was when companies literally employed armies of people on the assembly lines.

If the second part of your statement is true, you would have expected liberals leading the charge to remove Hussein, and that is false. There was no good reason to go into Iraq, Hussein's military was in shambles and posed no threat to the U.S. You can't be for small government and at the same time be for spending trillions to send 4000 American troops to their death half way across the globe. Those things don't jive.

And at a time when we are concluding not one, but two wars that we have been fighting for a decade, you have the mainstream republican candidates still beating the war drum to strike Iran. Personally, I prefer this administrations course which is much cheaper both in terms of dollars and human life of using covert action (stuxnet virus) and economic sanctions (which is driving the Iranian currency into the ground) to deter their nuclear program and destabilize the regime.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

TTwarrior remember that time I told you not to eat the last 10 slices of pizza and you ate them anyway.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9243

Do you ever buy the $1 talapia or salmon frozen packages from the grocery store? Its real fish, not breaded or fast food or anything like that. It's already seasoned, all you have to do is throw it into the microwave or oven, make a side like rice or pasta or whatever and you have yourself a complete meal for just over a buck.

They are pretty good too. I buy 10 for $10 at a time.
    It's amazing how cheap food is up there. I'm not sure there is anything in my grocery store for a buck, maybe an apple. A small one. A serve of packaged supermarket salmon is about 8-10 bucks down here in Australia.