mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1943

Wow cannot believe Ravens didn't go for it

Football coaches are the dumbest ***** on the planet. And announcers are just as bad.

"Yeah yeah take the sure thing... tie it up.. keep the game even.. yeah good idea.."

What horseshit

If offered a coin flip gamble of winning $0 or $1,000,000 they would take a sure thing of $250. What a bunch of pussies.

Even if you think you have only a 50% chance of converting that into a TD, it is still +EV. And if you think your chances are less than 50% then you must think your team sucks ass.

And no I do not have money on Ravens
    Points Awarded:

icancount2one gave mathdotcom 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1848

Lost the game right there. Playing not to lose.

If you can't get a yard then why are you even playing??

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1848

See.

They go for it, most likely win by 1.

Showing yellow is not good in the long run.

mathdotcom

Cost them the game

******* pussies

When are these guys going to get a math lesson ????

mathdotcom

Same type of pussies taking insurance in blackjack (aside from count considerations)

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Even worse was flacco on 3rd and 1 he couldd have ran for 10 yards atleast and got Out of bounds whole right side was wide open and he even rolled out the pocket that way

Jonah
    Jonah's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was not happy about it...Ravens are a terrible short yardage team tho, especially when they go with Ray over Rick...That being said - one of the nice things about going for it is if you don't make it, there is a good chance you get it back w/good field position...Not so v Brady's Pats.

Kindred
    Bitcoin=Freedom
    Kindred's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 473

All pro coaches play to "not lose" they do not call the game to win

Belichick takes some risks and is more aggressive than most, but he'll still go the safe route more often than not. It really pisses me off..and announcers always suck big hairy donkey balls but when they say "good call" when a coach isn't aggressive and makes a lame safe play like punting or field goal.

Mjh702
    Mjh702's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Pro coaches are famous for three runs up the middle once you have a lead in the fourth qtr

Naz18
    Naz18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1940

Quote Originally Posted by Kindred View Post
    All pro coaches play to "not lose" they do not call the game to win Belichick takes some risks and is more aggressive than most, but he'll still go the safe route more often than not. It really pisses me off..and announcers always suck big hairy donkey balls but when they say "good call" when a coach isn't aggressive and makes a lame safe play like punting or field goal.
    Love how random fking guys think they're better then NFL coaches...

Mjh702
    Mjh702's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Outside of the Pats, every team is guilty of it

Jonah

Quote Originally Posted by Kindred View Post
    All pro coaches play to "not lose" they do not call the game to win

Belichick takes some risks and is more aggressive than most, but he'll still go the safe route more often than not. It really pisses me off..and announcers always suck big hairy donkey balls but when they say "good call" when a coach isn't aggressive and makes a lame safe play like punting or field goal.
    Case in point: I bet Harbaugh wanted to call a time-out before that Cundiff kick as it seemed everything was not exactly organized, but he might have thought I would never hear the end of it if I iced my kicker.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

rofl a call in the 2nd Q cost them the game

ray rice is a weak midget who gets stuffed in short yardage. see last week when he got destroyed immediately 1 on 1 headup on the goal line

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

LMAO.

You don't go for it there. Are you stupid? There was like 14 seconds left. So what do you do, try to pick up a first down so you can spike the ball and have one play left? It's not like they were at the 1 yard line genius. FYI, the odds of making a 32 yard FG are far greater than throwing a 20 yard touchdown pass on the final play of the game.

No coach in America would have went for it there. It was a chip shot FG attempt. It's not the coaches fault he missed.

If you can't believe a coach would attempt a 32 yard FG on 4th down with 11 seconds left to try and send the game into overtime, you are an idiot.

Jonah

I do like how the Ravens went for 6 at the end tho. Ironically enough, a couple a run or two would have been of good there. Could have centered the ball up to. Instead, Cundiff over corrected it
    Last edited by Jonah; 01-22-12 at 11:53 PM.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Ravens ****** up so badly.....on 3rd and 1 after the Lee Evans drop in the endzone, they needed to run a quick sneak or even a draw out of shotgun, pick up the yard and call their last timeout......They would have had 1st and goal from like the 10 yard line with 3 shots to the endzone and then a field goal attempt for overtime AT WORSE...... INEXPLICABLY they throw an incomplete pass on 3rd and 1 and then that disaster missed field goal happens

SO DUMB

Naz18

Quote Originally Posted by BigDofBA View Post
    LMAO. You don't go for it there. Are you stupid? There was like 14 seconds left. So what do you do, try to pick up a first down so you can spike the ball and have one play left? It's not like they were at the 1 yard line genius. FYI, the odds of making a 32 yard FG are far greater than throwing a 20 yard touchdown pass on the final play of the game. No coach in America would have went for it there. It was a chip shot FG attempt. It's not the coaches fault he missed. If you can't believe a coach would attempt a 32 yard FG on 4th down with 11 seconds left to try and send the game into overtime, you are an idiot.
    I believe he's talking about the 4th and 1 at NE 3 at the start of the 2nd Quarter that tied the game at 3-3

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

look at the time stamp...mathy is talking about the 2nd fuking Quarter

mathy would go for it every time on 4th and 5 or better guy has a clue

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by Naz18 View Post
    I believe he's talking about the 4th and 1 at NE 3 at the start of the 2nd Quarter that tied the game at 3-3
    Ooops

My bad. After some of the things I read on here, it wouldn't surprise me someone was complaining about them kicking the FG at the end.

BigDofBA

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Ravens ****** up so badly.....on 3rd and 1 after the Lee Evans drop in the endzone, they needed to run a quick sneak or even a draw out of shotgun, pick up the yard and call their last timeout......They would have had 1st and goal from like the 10 yard line with 3 shots to the endzone and then a field goal attempt for overtime AT WORSE...... INEXPLICABLY they throw an incomplete pass on 3rd and 1 and then that disaster missed field goal happens SO DUMB
    The Raven's coaches did a good job. They held Brady in check and had their team throwing in the end zone for the win late in the game.

The Ravens defense did their job by stopping New England and getting the ball back with two minutes left. The Ravens offense did their job by driving the ball 70 yards in under two minutes to set up a 32 yard FG.

The kicker did not do his job.

Quit blaming everyone but the kicker. I mean, you're bitching about the offense and they drove pretty much the length of the field to give their team a shot. The defense play a good game too.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Ooops

My bad. After some of the things I read on here, it wouldn't surprise me someone was complaining about them kicking the FG at the end.
    They had a timeout at the end still left on 3rd and 1......they acted like it was endzone shot/ fieldgoal....instead oftrying to get the 1 yard and calling the timeout.....Now you have 3 shots at the endzone instead of 1......horrible coaching at the end

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

The Raven's coaches did a good job. They held Brady in check and had their team throwing in the end zone for the win late in the game.

The Ravens defense did their job by stopping New England and getting the ball back with two minutes left. The Ravens offense did their job by driving the ball 70 yards in under two minutes to set up a 32 yard FG.

The kicker did not do his job.

Quit blaming everyone but the kicker. I mean, you're bitching about the offense and they drove pretty much the length of the field to give their team a shot. The defense play a good game too.

All of this is true, but why not get the 1st down with a yard to go on 3rd down and then call a timeout.....They did not need to go life or death on 3rd and 1 and throw it to the endzone......If they fukkin used their brains, they would have had 3 more shots at the endzone before trying a field goal attempt for OT at worse

How do you not see this?

Jonah

MLD - Flacco has never been the best at using the middle of the field...That is something that might have been open at the end...

BigDofBA

All of this is true, but why not get the 1st down with a yard to go on 3rd down and then call a timeout.....They did not need to go life or death on 3rd and 1 and throw it to the endzone......If they fukkin used their brains, they would have had 3 more shots at the endzone before trying a field goal attempt for OT at worse

How do you not see this?
    There was like 15 seconds left! A run would have eaten up at least 6-7 seconds then you only have one shot.

It wasn't a bad call to throw the ball there.

Quit blaming the coaches. The kicker ****** up.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Probably.....they played that last series like they had ZERO timeouts.....throwing everything tot he endzone or incomplete

Patriots had to respect the touchdown and keep everything in front of them.....With 1 yard to go, get the 1st down and use your timeout......Now instead of 1 shot to the endzone, you have 3 shots

Damn!

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

There was like 15 seconds left! A run would have eaten up lay least 5-6 seconds then you only have one shot.

It wasn't a bad all to throw the ball there.

Quit blaing the coaches. The kicker ****** up.
    There was 24 seconds......1st down run, timeout.....Say 18 seconds left

Easily time for 3 quick shots

BigDofBA

There was 24 seconds......1st down run, timeout.....Say 18 seconds left

Easily time for 3 quick shots
    Ok. You're also assuming they would have got a first down.

Maybe the Ravens coaches thought New England was playing run there do they would take a shot.

How was there 24 seconds left? The Ravens attempted a FG with 11 seconds left if I'm not mistaken.

Anyway even if thy ran the ball as you said and called a quick TO. It would be risky trying to throw 3 passes they would have had one shot maybe two.

Blame the kicker. Not the coaches.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Kicker def screwed up but the coaching was terrible at the end man.......

There is also no way Patriots are playing run at the end.....They are protecting the endzone 100%.......

Yeah it would be risky with no timeouts, but why are you even playing the game if you are willing to settle for a field goal on the road against the Patriots.....You have to be smarter and realize the better chance for beating the Patriots right then and there instead of overtime....They had em on the ropes man

Flacco gets the qb draw there for a first down almost every time......The Pats were protecting the endzone with DB's.........Then even if you wanna be conservative on the time you still have 2, maybe 3 shots instead of 1

It was bad, and the kicker was even worse you're right, end of story

tatommack
    cowboys make the playoffs
    tatommack's Avatar Become A Pro!

I usually get over loses after a few hours. This one has really got to me guys I've taken Xanax and pain killers I'm still depressed as hell

Naz18

Quote Originally Posted by tatommack View Post
    I usually get over loses after a few hours. This one has really got to me guys I've taken Xanax and pain killers I'm still depressed as hell
    hmm well you would have won if you took Ravens +7....

DemoralizdDreamr
    DemoralizdDreamr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

Quote Originally Posted by Mjh702 View Post
    Outside of the Pats, every team is guilty of it
    Bill calls the game aggressively and plays to win/blow the opponents out. That is what makes him great.
    He made Tom Brady jump over the Ravens D on a 4th and 1. That was the game winning play.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: mathdotcom

Jonah

Quote Originally Posted by tatommack View Post
    I'm with you...Had Balt TT over 21.5. Bunch teasers for over at 43 and 44. ML Parlay with Giants for big return, regular ml. Not to mention big Ravens fan and wanted this for Reed. Would have been so cool especially him making that big play late in the game.

Evans needed to bring that in...

A couple big plays no one is mentioning. Flaco missing that wide-open fullback in front of his face in the red zone. He tried to throw it to the tight end on the 2nd level. Would have been 7 there, instead it was 3...

Another funny one was that amazing interception. I think if those other Raven defenders react sooner, Smith would have had a nice lil convoy and maybe he takes it all the way.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status

Jonah, I agree with all that......I am a Jets fan but I love Ed Reed and the Ravens are a team I usually root for because of the style they play. I felt terrible after that game today, I wanted to see them knock off the Pats badly

I felt like they took too long to really start letting Flacco go for it......the first couple possessions of the game they were playing wayyy too conservative and the deep ball was there to be had ALL GAME......Overall, I felt like they played too much not to lose instead of going for the win and the nail in the coffin (That 4th down field goal early in the game, the last drive settling for the field goal attempt)

Amazing defensive performance was wasted IMO

icancount2one
    Let's go NickFolian Dynamite!
    icancount2one's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 571

Mathy, you get a point for properly explaining -EV risk aversion, but you're casting pearls before swine brah.

RoadFavorites$$$
    RoadFavorites$$$'s Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd agree, but this guy looks like hes never picked up a baseball, football, or basketball in his life so you gotta wonder why he is questioning them. The better question is could his tooth pick arms pick up a football.

12 Last