StrictlyBusiness
    StrictlyBusiness's Avatar Become A Pro!

Patriots can't this that, but "VEGAS" disagrees

Everywhere you look people are saying the Patriots can't make the superbowl. Their defense this, and that.

This has been going on for a long time now people, and guess what ????

The books have been in love with them almost the entire season...

You.. Your Friends.. The ESPN Analyst... The Newspaper.

Everyone tells you why the Patriots won't make the superbowl MORE than ANY of the other top contenders (in other words the Patriots are the public consensus team to NOT make the SB) yet THE BOOKS have had their stake in them SINCE EARLY-MID season, and their "bet" has only gotten stronger. Oddsmakers already WON round one having the Patriots LOCK UP the AFC #1 seed.

Now will they get to the SB ?

Who wins on this one. The Books or The Public ?
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: GamblerSpirit

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice thread. I really think the Ravens can get it done. I guess we are just going to have to play the waiting game.

StrictlyBusiness

Quote Originally Posted by GamblerSpirit View Post
    Nice thread. I really think the Ravens can get it done. I guess we are just going to have to play the waiting game.
    I have the Ravens preseason future, and I still like them. That said I cannot deny the fact that Patriots have been the heavy favorite with the books despite the majority of people thinking they are the least likely "power team" to make the SB.

That stinks, and it really just shows you they believe The Patriots are the cream of the crop here.

StrictlyBusiness

Also they have Baltimore at +700 to win the superbowl, and higher some places.

That is a JOKE. That is like BEGGING for people to bet the Ravens. Its not gonna happen man

Gilly86
    Gilly86's Avatar Become A Pro!

What were the patriots odds to win last year?

VidaFitness
    VidaFitness's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

Wow, I totally agree with the books..... I'm sensing that people don't think the Pats can get it done this year but I feel like, despite their lack of defense, they find a way to at least make it to the Big game. At +275, I still think there is some value as there road to the championship seems not nearly as difficult as any NFC team. Now can they put it together and have enough to keep up with whoever comes out of the NFC? That's another question... but I'm liking them to at least get there and then maybe hedge..

Djstucky
    Djstucky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

With Brady at qb and BB as the head coach this team has a realistic chance of winning it all...this isn't thier first rodeo and recent postseason struggles shouldn't play a factor here...I think this boils down to the other teams defenses and not so much the Pats...if a team pressures Brady they probably get beat...if he stands upright all game and his uniform stays clean they won't lose...The defense can get big stops and isn't the worst at giving up points just yds...

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

If NE even makes it to the SB, they'd better hope its against SF or NY.

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

i sure hope if the packers don't win the superbowl then the ravens do so i can cash in that 75 point sbr freeplay

to make up for some of the 125 i lost on poker this morning

StrictlyBusiness

Blowout city

AFC champ game..

Quagmire27
    Quagmire27's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 407

sure some value i guess, maybe win their next, but that is a big maybe...
    they should be dusted and disgusted against ANY team the nfc offers.
    pats have the worst defense remaining by a massive margin, not by stats, but fear.
    everybody wants to play the patty defenders, they're so slow, friendly, undisciplined, and nice.

StrictlyBusiness

I usually make out on these "finds" ...kicking myself for letting this one get past me. Patriots are huge favorites over the Ravens this weekend. Books are begging people to take the birds.. Jeez I mean they are literally on their hands, and knees begging you guys.

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

they are favs because they know the public will bet them........you don't really know the true opinion of the pats from their perspective

StrictlyBusiness

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post

they are favs because they know the public will bet them........you don't really know the true opinion of the pats from their perspective
    That may have been true a few years ago. There was more talk about Giants getting to the superbowl than the Pats heading into playoffs this year. Get with the times man!

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    They must think there is a pretty good chance Pats win by more than a touchdown. If they thought they were primed to get punked line would be at 7 1/2. Ravens go from facing probably the worst QB in the league, yep, even Tebow is better, to facing one of the top 5 all time.