milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

most important thing to note from PLAYOFFS yesterday

on a fast, indoor track it's best to go with the over

when it gets windy/snowy/super cold then go the other way

same reason so many of the college bowls have been so high scoring - amazingly warm and peaceful weather for this time of year

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

I wonder if anyone puts this in their model when predicting the spread?????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????

amirite???????????????

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I thought it was both home teams won and covered...

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by sideloaded View Post
    I wonder if anyone puts this in their model when predicting the spread?????????????????????????????????? ???????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????

amirite???????????????
    i said nothing about the spreads, i was talking totals. and the totals are based on how people are going to bet, not on how the game will turn out.
    for the most part nfl totals are on the high side but people incorrectly still think in the playoffs there is more defense/slower tempo regardless of the playing conditions.

if cincinnati/houston was outside with big winds the total would've only been a few points lower yet the game probably would've ended up 10-0.

and just as i predicted both games went over

Sportsbetting123
    Sportsbetting123's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7617

I like both unders today

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Bet on the better QB

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Bet on the better QB
    you think yates is better than dalton

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsbetting123 View Post
    I like both unders today
    under 33 1/2 is awfully tough, especially with calm conditions (winds only up to 6mph)

i like the over pitt/denv

ProPicker713
    METS!
    ProPicker713's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 17

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    under 33 1/2 is awfully tough, especially with calm conditions (winds only up to 6mph)

i like the over pitt/denv
    I see a 21-10 finish in this pitt denver game . Denver will get a touch down and field goal alone .

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukee mike View Post
    you think yates is better than dalton
    Dalton did not make a play the whole game, and Yates showed toughness in the pocket. Yates made two plays on his feet, alone. Hit Johnson on a couple of deep routes. He made me excited about Texans covering next week.

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

notes

12 teams, 2 black coaches

1st game = 1st black coach eliminated

just a fact

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Dalton did not make a play the whole game, and Yates showed toughness in the pocket. Yates made two plays on his feet, alone. Hit Johnson on a couple of deep routes. He made me excited about Texans covering next week.
    i see your point but numbers are numbers

dalton 27 completions 257 yds
    yates 11 completions 159 yds

yes a lot of that was when houston was running out the clock, but let's be realistic - yates was 3rd string for a reason

neither one of them is lighting the nfl on fire with passer ratings around 80 but i would take dalton in a heartbeat over yates

Blazermaniac
    Blazermaniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1027

For those of you who like totals let me give you my 2 cents. Take it for what it's worth. I don't touch totals EVER. Why??? Cause have been burned in the past. To play totals, you have to have inside connections. Otherwise it's a crap shoot. odds makers, we all know who that person is (Vegas) has access to coaches and players. They know what the play call is going to be, even the scripts of the first 30...40 plays. That's why they offer 1st quarter, 1st and 2nd halfs. These bitches know it all. And we go scratching our heads yelling rigged afterwards.

Take the Rose Bowl that just played. Bennet the backup QB for the Ducks took the ball and throw it across the field to Thomas the Ducks' QB on a end around. The play by play guys on tv was saying they saw that all week in pratice ab]nd Bennet was so anxious and excited when he threw the pass to Thomas hoping he didn't drop it.

See boys. It's all a crap shoot when you're in the dark. But anyway...best of luck to everyone. Like I said...it's for entertainment only. Don't throw all your money down the drain. Make sure rent, mortage and food comes first.

Jerm3462
    FREE $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Jerm3462's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8126

Quote Originally Posted by baskets View Post
    notes

12 teams, 2 black coaches

1st game = 1st black coach eliminated

just a fact
    This is dumb considering black coaches have won superbowls, and there was also a white coach eliminated as well yesterday.

Troll

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2392

tough to predict totals only looking at weather. so many other variables, and as it has been pointed out the weather will already be factored into the line, using tons of past history that most of us don't have access to

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Quote Originally Posted by Blazermaniac View Post
    For those of you who like totals let me give you my 2 cents. Take it for what it's worth. I don't touch totals EVER. Why??? Cause have been burned in the past. To play totals, you have to have inside connections. Otherwise it's a crap shoot. odds makers, we all know who that person is (Vegas) has access to coaches and players. They know what the play call is going to be, even the scripts of the first 30...40 plays. That's why they offer 1st quarter, 1st and 2nd halfs. These bitches know it all. And we go scratching our heads yelling rigged afterwards.

Take the Rose Bowl that just played. Bennet the backup QB for the Ducks took the ball and throw it across the field to Thomas the Ducks' QB on a end around. The play by play guys on tv was saying they saw that all week in pratice ab]nd Bennet was so anxious and excited when he threw the pass to Thomas hoping he didn't drop it.

See boys. It's all a crap shoot when you're in the dark. But anyway...best of luck to everyone. Like I said...it's for entertainment only. Don't throw all your money down the drain. Make sure rent, mortage and food comes first.
    Congrats. You win dumbest post of the day.

No idea what you're saying about the Oregon game but that was the easiest over of 2012 so far and I'd posted so before the game.

mrtsummit
    mrtsummit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 512

I agree thats retarded i win on totals all the time.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on

Quote Originally Posted by mrtsummit View Post
    I agree thats retarded i win on totals all the time.
    Post one for today?