taxer
    taxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 501

Bengals.. a gift ?

I have been trying to look at this game from every angle and I just cannot see Texans QB against Dalton..
    Texans have a good defense but Cinci is a smart and resilient team.

Thoughts?

Bengals28
    Success is one thing, Impact is another
    Bengals28's Avatar Become A Pro!

Big Bengals fan here but I def agree. Dalton is head and shoulders above Yates. We will step up against the run I believe and we'll win. Bengals ML is my play. Might wait til fri/sat to see if I can do better than +150

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Bengals haven't beaten a team as good as Houston all year and Houston's great defense and running game can carry a mediocre QB. Plus Yates did pass for 300 yards at Cincy in the division clincher.

Bengals28

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Bengals haven't beaten a team as good as Houston all year and Houston's great defense and running game can carry a mediocre QB. Plus Yates did pass for 300 yards at Cincy in the division clincher.
    Houston is not the same team as they were before injuires. As good as Houston..they lost to the Colts playing full go there buddy. Let's be honest here bengals could have went for the jugular there they were up 16-3 and dropped a ball going into the endzone that would have put it away. Even if you're not a fan of either team this game is a tossup and the Bengals could EASILY win. +150 is definitely worth it here.

LT Profits

You can't really base anything of what Houston did the last three games though because they had already clinched and will get their focus back this week (and have Andre Johnson back). The Bengals don't even belong in the playoffs, but I guess SOMEBODY had to get in as the AFC is total crap after NE/BALT/HOU/PITT. The Bengals went 8-0 vs. teams with losing records, 1-7 vs. teams with winning records (Tennessee 9-7).

Bengals28

By your logic the Pats don't belong in the playoffs since they didn't beat ONE team with a winning record..

Still wanna stick to that? Didn't think so.

LT Profits

At least Pats beat a bunch of team that finished right at .500. Besides, Pats had less to prove, I don't think anyone in their right minds would dispute they belong. The Bengals/Broncos not so much.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

The seahawks didn't belong and they beat the saints. Texans getting way too much credit. Return of Andre Johnson is borderline meaningless when Yates can't throw the ball down the field.

Bengals28

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    At least Pats beat a bunch of team that finished right at .500. Besides, Pats had less to prove, I don't think anyone in their right minds would dispute they belong. The Bengals/Broncos not so much.
    Whether or not they "belong" is irrelevant. They are confident and know they can at least make some noise and beat the Texans.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    The seahawks didn't belong and they beat the saints. Texans getting way too much credit. Return of Andre Johnson is borderline meaningless when Yates can't throw the ball down the field.
    Difference is the Saints had ZERO defense last year while Houston has a very good defense. And just having Johnson on the field makes Houston better because the Bengals won't be able to stuff the box to try and stop the run.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bengals will load the box, they know the chances of Yates beating them over the top, or kubiak even giving him a chance, are slim. You can't discount the last 3 games that Yates has played saying there meaningless. They had a chance at a bye. They were far from meaningless.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Bengals will load the box, they know the chances of Yates beating them over the top, or kubiak even giving him a chance, are slim. You can't discount the last 3 games that Yates has played saying there meaningless. They had a chance at a bye. They were far from meaningless.
    This is first Houston playoff game in franchise history, so I think you can easily discount last three games because they are ecstatic to be here and weren't that concerned about bye week, especially since they have home field anyway. They'll start worrying about bigger things like byes next year. As for Yates, the last time Texans played a meaningful game, he passed for 300 yards vs. this same team, and that was without Andre. Now you are right that Houston game plan will stress the run, as well it should, but I don't think Kubiak will necessarily rein Yates in and be afraid to call passing plays given his performance in Cincy.

Bengals28

LT I see your points and you could very well be right. My point is this game is a toss up. The Bengals know they can beat the Texans and that's huge. Also Yates struggled throwing the ball untill they were forced into 4 or 5 wides. I don't believe Yates is good enough in this one and I think he struggles in the pocket. BOL

MBENZ
    MBENZ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10575

What illness does Dalton have?

Bengals28

Flu, shouldnt be a problem.

Guess we'll see if he practices today. They said they put a lot of the gameplan in on Mon&Tues and he should be fine.

MBENZ
    MBENZ's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10575

Quote Originally Posted by Bengals28 View Post
    Flu, shouldnt be a problem.

Guess we'll see if he practices today. They said they put a lot of the gameplan in on Mon&Tues and he should be fine.
    Hope so,I've got Cincy in the first leg of a teaser and a pleaser.Played them before This illness was posted.Good luck.

Hilljacademics
    Hilljacademics's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18847

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Bengals easiest play of the weekend in any sport

You cannot win ion the nfl with 3rd string QB's

Kadinni
    Kadinni's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1215

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Bengals easiest play of the weekend in any sport

You cannot win ion the nfl with 3rd string QB's
    He really is the 2nd, Matt Leinart is a bum, matter of time before he woulda lost it to Yates. And if you guys think Yates cant throw the ball, clearly havent seen much of the Texans.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32353

I like Dalton, but rookie QB's don't fare well in playoffs.
    There are a few exceptions, but I would think twice before backing a first time rookie starter in the playoffs.

I'm passing on that game, but I would kind of like Cincy advance.

B1AZE
    Dont hassle the hoff
    B1AZE's Avatar Become A Pro!

Texans and make sure you come back to tell me im right.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32353

Quote Originally Posted by Kadinni View Post
    He really is the 2nd, Matt Leinart is a bum, matter of time before he woulda lost it to Yates. And if you guys think Yates cant throw the ball, clearly havent seen much of the Texans.
    And Houston has a lot of weapons.

This is one game I am looking forward to and may not wager.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

does somebody have tape of the last Texans game they can post. I need to study some film on Yates

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 19251

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    does somebody have tape of the last Texans game they can post. I need to study some film on Yates
    Yates played just one series against the Titans in the Texans final game. He got sacked on the first play, hurt his non-throwing shoulder, stayed in the game and took the team down the field going 4/4, 47 yards and they scored a TD. He came out for Jake Delhomme (who looked surprisingly good for a guy who was a horse farmer a few weeks ago). Kubiak had pulled most of the starters by halftime yet the 2nd and 3rd stringers almost pulled out the win but fell 23-22 (After a TD, they went for 2 and failed as the clock ran out. They went for 2 so they wouldn't have OT).

The Texans should be about as healthy as they've been over the last month or two....
    Points Awarded:

SBR Contests gave Arky 10 Betpoint(s) for this post.

chargers4222
    chargers4222's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8926

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    lol