Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Luis Suárez fined £40,000 and banned for eight matches for racism

Have no clue how the FA came up with this, and they had no evidence, only Evras statement and from that i guess they took his word over Suarez's word. Pathetic really.

I believe they have used this case as an example and what they will do to anyone that is racist in the future. With there whole stamp out racism ordeal.

You can't ban someone with no evidence, ridiculous.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...rice-Evra.html

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!

Mods fix the title up racsm = racism

FourLengthsClear
    King of the Idiots
    FourLengthsClear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 508

Have you seen the replays? There is no doubt what Suarez said and it was at least 4 times.

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15319

He should use his new found time to post here at SBR where blatant racism is welcomed.

LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

The guey should get hanged it it were up to me. ******* DICK for using hands in the WC cost Ghana the game.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!

Quote Originally Posted by FourLengthsClear View Post
    Have you seen the replays? There is no doubt what Suarez said and it was at least 4 times.
    Find me a replay clearly showing Luis saying racist remarks.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Kind of surprising....Blatter said that racism isn't that big of a deal in football and it should be settled after the match with a handshake Don't ever go to a La Liga game, Palermo/Catania, or even some Bundesliga stadiums, because they go to the lengths such as throwing bananas on the pitch, etc. Suarez should know better, but where he comes from it's more common then some would think.

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    Kind of surprising....Blatter said that racism isn't that big of a deal in football and it should be settled after the match with a handshake Don't ever go to a La Liga game, Palermo/Catania, or even some Bundesliga stadiums, because they go to the lengths such as throwing bananas on the pitch, etc. Suarez should know better, but where he comes from it's more common then some would think.
    lol cause you saw that espn docu 5 years ago its common occurence huh. stop pretending you know more about this than you do

Kaabee
    Kaabee's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

suarez claims he used the word "negrito". supposedly not a racist term in suarez' uruguay.

Roxxyfish
    finally i am on skype
    Roxxyfish's Avatar Become A Pro!

in Germany we only throw bananas because we think the players are hungry
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: EasyPicks

Dirty Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post
    lol cause you saw that espn docu 5 years ago its common occurence huh. stop pretending you know more about this than you do
    Been in many stadiums in Europe...should of said the bananas were in Spain not Germany, kind of lumped everything together. Not even remotely going to return fire....you seem to want that for some reason. You know nothing about where I've been so maybe you should just see it as my opinion and leave it at that.

Dirty Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Kaabee View Post
    suarez claims he used the word "negrito". supposedly not a racist term in suarez' uruguay.
    We'll see how fair they are when John Terry goes before the same group for his racial incident....if they let him walk look out for the fireworks

Sunde91

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    Been in many stadiums in Europe...should of said the bananas were in Spain not Germany, kind of lumped everything together. Not even remotely going to return fire....you seem to want that for some reason. You know nothing about where I've been so maybe you should just see it as my opinion and leave it at that.
    if you knew what you were talking about you would have said in your op that you personally saw banans thrown at a game you went to. instead generalizations spawned from 5 year old espn dramatized documentaries. keep overhyping the boogie man of racism

Dirty Sanchez

if you knew what you were talking about you would have said in your op that you personally saw banans thrown at a game you went to. instead generalizations spawned from 5 year old espn dramatized documentaries
    I'm sorry to have upset you in anyway....my apologies, but not sure about the ESPN doc you're speaking about. I was more thinking about Neymar in Scotland this year, and a few others....but whatever. I'll just tell you when I went to the Palermo/Catania match a view years ago when I was staying in Trapani was pretty heated, and did see some rather public displays that in the US would of probably shocked some.

Sunde91

an incident in scotland this year and vague allusions to an italian match justify the claims about spain and germany in the op. its settled then

love the nonstop avatars of babies smoking cool deal bro

Maniac
    Maniac's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8815

Official statement from Liverpool FC regarding the judgement - seems that this might not be over yet as it does raise a number of interesting points that, if true, make a mockery of the FA over their punishment here.
    http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/lates...ement-20-12-11

Liverpool Football Club is very surprised and disappointed with the decision of the Football Association Commission to find Luis Suarez guilty of the charges against him.

We look forward to the publication of the Commission's Judgment. We will study the detailed reasons of the Commission once they become available, but reserve our right to appeal or take any other course of action we feel appropriate with regards to this situation.

We find it extraordinary that Luis can be found guilty on the word of Patrice Evra alone when no-one else on the field of play - including Evra's own Manchester United teammates and all the match officials - heard the alleged conversation between the two players in a crowded Kop goalmouth while a corner kick was about to be taken.

The Club takes extremely seriously the fight against all forms of discrimination and has a long and successful track record in work relating to anti-racist activity and social inclusion. We remain committed to this ideal and equality for all, irrespective of a person's background.

LFC considers racism in any form to be unacceptable - without compromise. It is our strong held belief, having gone over the facts of the case, that Luis Suarez did not commit any racist act. It is also our opinion that the accusation by this particular player was not credible - certainly no more credible than his prior unfounded accusations.

It is key to note that Patrice Evra himself in his written statement in this case said 'I don't think that Luis Suarez is racist'. The FA in their opening remarks accepted that Luis Suarez was not racist.

Luis himself is of a mixed race family background as his grandfather was black. He has been personally involved since the 2010 World Cup in a charitable project which uses sport to encourage solidarity amongst people of different backgrounds with the central theme that the colour of a person's skin does not matter; they can all play together as a team.

He has played with black players and mixed with their families whilst with the Uruguay national side and was Captain at Ajax Amsterdam of a team with a proud multi-cultural profile, many of whom became good friends.

It seems incredible to us that a player of mixed heritage should be accused and found guilty in the way he has based on the evidence presented. We do not recognise the way in which Luis Suarez has been characterised.

It appears to us that the FA were determined to bring charges against Luis Suarez, even before interviewing him at the beginning of November. Nothing we have heard in the course of the hearing has changed our view that Luis Suarez is innocent of the charges brought against him and we will provide Luis with whatever support he now needs to clear his name.

We would also like to know when the FA intend to charge Patrice Evra with making abusive remarks to an opponent after he admitted himself in his evidence to insulting Luis Suarez in Spanish in the most objectionable of terms. Luis, to his credit, actually told the FA he had not heard the insult.

Dirty Sanchez

That many games is surprising for sure...especially with the crazy Holiday schedule in England, Liverpool is gonna be scrambling. I would bet John Terry has got to be concerned he's going to get roasted as well unless someone comes to his defense

Maniac

Liverpool have up to 14 days to appeal the decision, which if they take all that time will mean Suarez will be available to contine playing over the Christmas period, and will be able to keep playing until a decision is made on the appeal (however long that may take).

The John Terry case is slightly different in that the opposition player he allegedly abused didnt actually make the complaint - it was made by a member (or members) of the crowd who heard him say it, and video evidence in this case appears to confirm what he said.

Also, the FA is so far not involved as the complaint has been made to the police so they cant rule or even charge Terry until the CPS have concluded their investigation - if at all.

Dirty Sanchez

I didn't realize Suarez has a hand gesture charge pending as well?

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Trying to do "civilized" things in a sport that is played with no equipment, by people that are the most ignorant racists on the planet...

Maniac

Yeah that was a seperate incident against Fulham a few weeks ago where he was getting stick off of the fans, and flipped them the finger

baskets
    Poster of the Month Twice a Month
    baskets's Avatar Become A Pro!

post a video, you fuhks

read the stupid article. want a video

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_of_Spades View Post
    Mods fix the title up racsm = racism
    Mods are useless aroundhere.

Ask and don't receive.

cro
    Toronto Blue Jays to smash Fister
    cro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 610

so what exactly are we betting on in this thread

o/u 10 negritos?

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!

Quote Originally Posted by baskets View Post
    post a video, you fuhks

read the stupid article. want a video
    Go to youtube then. You can't determine anything from the footage anyway

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2117

face
    face's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

i like suarez. great player. it's not politics i don't care what they say to each other.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think how the English are handling this stuff is just flat out stupid. The John Terry stuff went to a prosecutor for God's sake. I mean seriously? If this happened in the US, the person offended would round up his boys, beat the shit out of the alleged offender and that's that.

I mean seriously - if this was the NBA or NFL, highly doubt there would be anything being levied here outside of a fine and MAYBE a one game suspension. The eight match ban is just ridiculous and if Suarez gets eight matches, then I would think Terry should be going to jail, right?

HeeeHAWWWW
    HeeeHAWWWW's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

an incident in scotland this year .....
    There was a banana thrown on the pitch ......... but it came from the Brazilian fans.

cro
    Toronto Blue Jays to smash Fister
    cro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 610

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I think how the English are handling this stuff is just flat out stupid. The John Terry stuff went to a prosecutor for God's sake. I mean seriously? If this happened in the US, the person offended would round up his boys, beat the shit out of the alleged offender and that's that.

I mean seriously - if this was the NBA or NFL, highly doubt there would be anything being levied here outside of a fine and MAYBE a one game suspension. The eight match ban is just ridiculous and if Suarez gets eight matches, then I would think Terry should be going to jail, right?

Maybe if it was to a black person. but look what happens when someone says something about jews....

EaglesPhan36

I'm pretty sure things like this have been said and said worse on an NFL field or NBA court without any consequences. Doesn't make it right, but this is an over zealous ruling and they've put themselves in a dumb position now where if they don't treat every future case with the same punishment ... they'll be seen as a joke or maybe even racists themselves for laying down a harsher penalty on Suarez than say someone like Terry.

In all honesty, if they banned Suarez for two matches - it would suffice and send an adequate message.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I'm pretty sure things like this have been said and said worse on an NFL field or NBA court without any consequences. Doesn't make it right, but this is an over zealous ruling and they've put themselves in a dumb position now where if they don't treat every future case with the same punishment ... they'll be seen as a joke or maybe even racists themselves for laying down a harsher penalty on Suarez than say someone like Terry.

In all honesty, if they banned Suarez for two matches - it would suffice and send an adequate message.
    But haven't you noticed all of the campaigns and banners/slogans are promoted in Soccer these days to stamp out racism, it's a huge deal to the FA and sadly, they are going to use Suarez here to show how far they'll go. Problem is, how can they punish someone when they haven't got any solid evidence, only Evras word, which i would never believe, he is such a cheat and runs his mouth far too often.
    Points Awarded:

cro gave Ace_of_Spades 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

EaglesPhan36

Yeah I know that has been their motto for a bit now ... and like I said, it's a bad precedent they set with the eight matches. If I'm Luis Suarez, I'm waiting for the John Terry ruling and have the racism card ready to throw onto the table if he's given anything less than I got.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!

Remember the incident with Joey Barton stubbing a Cigar out on ** Youth player Jamie Tandy, his punishment was far less than what Suarez is getting. Something like 6 weeks fine of (£60,000).

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!

No suspensions.

12 Last