teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Colin cowherd had better hurry back

Much better show with these two and im a daily colin listener, Colin can be boring at times. This is like a party i look for these two to be next up for a show.... Nice urban feel dont think the higher ups havent taken notice of how well they are doing.an_clap:

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

"urban feel"?

Do you mean like Emmit Smith and Jerry Rice urban?

Barrack Obama Urban??

The myth that "urban" is a good thing is the main reason our country is in the gutter...

Dont disrespect the Herd like this...

teaserpleaser

Lol cmon iifold you know espn encourages them to ” urban” it up... You think stuart scott started with all that slang or stephen A .... Even the dorky latin guy on sportcenter just dropped a naughty by nature ”o.p.p.” Lyric during a highlight .... Painful you can tell it was forced you think espn does this because its bad for ratings?

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

show been great all week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

teaserpleaser

iifold nothing you can do about it listen to the addidas spot with the hip hop guy.... ” if you dont call this hip hop you must be bungie jumping” that quote isnt word for word but I know what hes saying. Espn plays this spot everybody from verizon to mcdonalds is pushing urban.... Urban is in

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by Darkside Magick View Post
    show been great all week!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    All week!! Even better when stephen A was a guest like a party in there. Colin is cool but hes stiff.

griz
    FEB 2012 POTM
    griz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 607

Actually was about to start a thread about how bad I thought it was

Too black

Maybe could be on BET sports show

Cowherd way better. Mike hill is annoying. Smith is good

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

You're right Teaser...

I'm just getting old...

Sucks...

William Walters
    William Walters's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 233

Most prefer the "un-urban".....more educated and thought stimulating type of talk show.

"nice urban feel".....give me a break.

From top to bottom show quality.....Colin CRUSHES these guys (although....Smith has done a nice job)

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm

colin good for the first hour, then it just tails off.. these cats got it going for all 3 hours

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by griz View Post
    Actually was about to start a thread about how bad I thought it was

Too black

Maybe could be on BET sports show

Cowherd way better. Mike hill is annoying. Smith is good
    I figured sbr would feel this way but you can see espn is leaning this way. if a fill in is in for colin a dont watch freddie coleman is black find it hard to listen to that guy gottlieb was cool. Erik kaselius was a brutal fill in these guys are a good feels like it could be their show

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm

freddie is horrible

gottlieb is terrible

kaselius is nice

teaserpleaser

Quote Originally Posted by iifold View Post
    You're right Teaser...

I'm just getting old...

Sucks...
    What do you think about that addidas spot they play 8 times a bowl game? listen to the words today im actually shocked he can say that. Am i reading it wrong?

teaserpleaser

freddie is horrible

gottlieb is terrible

kaselius is nice
    Dm i liked you until you said kaselius is nice he works for the golf ch now so he can fit into that boring setting.....take it back so we can be pals again

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm

i know he is on golf channel , when he was was with espn , he was cool to me

milkncereal
    milkncereal's Avatar Become A Pro!

im pretty sure colins demographic is 35-55 year old white collar white dudes., not 20 year hip hop kids. Pretty sure they would lose those 35-55 year old listeners on the radio if it became "hip hop."

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm

Quote Originally Posted by milkncereal View Post
    im pretty sure colins demographic is 35-55 year old white collar white dudes., not 20 year hip hop kids. Pretty sure they would lose those 35-55 year old listeners on the radio if it became "hip hop."
    how do a show go hip hop? people say stupid stuff on here. more kids listen to jim rome back in the day but his show was not "hip-hop" it is about energy that flow thru to people.

milkncereal

^^^ the reason hip hop was in quotes was because of what you said. people in the thread earlier were talking about hip hop and urban.

"the media has long put out content intended to serve that (white people) demographic almost exclusively. Sports radio, from its content to its advertising, reinforces this notion, and programming directors are absolutely petrified in most markets of putting on a black person who didn’t play ball in a previous life for that very reason: they don’t fit the brand."
    Bomani Jones espn

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm

Quote Originally Posted by milkncereal View Post
    ^^^ the reason hip hop was in quotes was because of what you said. people in the thread earlier were talking about hip hop and urban.

"the media has long put out content intended to serve that (white people) demographic almost exclusively. Sports radio, from its content to its advertising, reinforces this notion, and programming directors are absolutely petrified in most markets of putting on a black person who didn’t play ball in a previous life for that very reason: they don’t fit the brand."
    Bomani Jones espn
    you are very correct...from it's inception it was gear that way..but what is there to be scared of? i just dont get it, i felt they did a great job filling in and it was lively for the whole 3 hours.

Dank_Fire
    Dank_Fire's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5453

Show has been boring with those two guys there, I know what OP means by "urban" feel, i always listen to the SVP show and he is always talking about rappers lol

Dutch
    Honky Lips
    Dutch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 736

I haven't watched Sports NAtion in a while but Stephen A. is fuking annoying on the morning show with that huge chick and Skip Bayless. I sometimes have to change the channel when he does that loud, disbelief look, angry black man thing.

Everybody else they bring on the show is pretty cool. Weird how they change people across from Skip every 5 minutes tho'.

milkncereal

you are very correct...from it's inception it was gear that way..but what is there to be scared of? i just dont get it, i felt they did a great job filling in and it was lively for the whole 3 hours.
    I love Michael smith (not michael a. smith) and think he could have a really good espn radio show, i just dont think him as a host or co-host for colin's intended audience would be successful. Right or wrong