Regul8er
    Wordd
    Regul8er's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4101

I will never learn

Best run I've had in a very very long time. Built a nice bankroll over about a month period. I like one game tonight.....Colorado -3.5. They are up 10 with a minute to go...Georgia keeps hitting 3's. Then with 3 seconds to go, Colorado hits the 2nd free throw to go up by 4. Yes I win a tight one, nope somehow Georgia races down the court and hits a layup that looked like it was well after the horn, and no review. I am on tilt and lose 4 straight bets to try Nd get it back and lost just about everything from a month of work. Its funny because the whole time I knew I was going to lose every bet I swear I did. I consideres fading myself because normally I'd take UCLA, but took peppersine.both halfway and lost both. I'm an embarrassment!!!

P.F.Kasooff
    P.F.Kasooff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

it is a disease - a Pathological one

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

We've all been there.

Desperation/chase mode. I know it well unfortunately. Funny that it never comes in such waves when building the bankroll -- always tearing it down.

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

you need your head examined ask Walker if you can pay with points

Regul8er
    Wordd

I'm considering getting help. The thing is I made a $100 deposit. That's all I've lost in 6 months, yet I'm completely consumed. Its all I ever think about. I'm not stupid enough, or at least haven't been yet to where I lose money I can't afford. Its just consuming me and making me miserable and is like a 500 pound bear on my back that i can't ever seem to shake. I'm meeting my brother and dad in phoenix over the weekend, and knowing them it'll be alot of gambling. I could have just took a few days off and bet with them, but now I'm be watching sports all weekend, without action and that's something I can't do. I am seriously considering getting help for myself. As many times as I think this game is beatable I always realize in the end it isnt

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    I'm considering getting help. The thing is I made a $100 deposit. That's all I've lost in 6 months, yet I'm completely consumed. Its all I ever think about. I'm not stupid enough, or at least haven't been yet to where I lose money I can't afford. Its just consuming me and making me miserable and is like a 500 pound bear on my back that i can't ever seem to shake. I'm meeting my brother and dad in phoenix over the weekend, and knowing them it'll be alot of gambling. I could have just took a few days off and bet with them, but now I'm be watching sports all weekend, without action and that's something I can't do. I am seriously considering getting help for myself. As many times as I think this game is beatable I always realize in the end it isnt
    I've read this before from you. You left the game, cleared your head, enjoyed being away. Why come back?

Regul8er
    Wordd

Clearly ive got issues. I can't even hardly sleep these days. I'm a mess plain and simple. If I could stay away believe me I would. I know I'm not going to get rich at this or anything. But apparently I enjoy letting a disease eat away my life. Now time to see if I can fall asleep...attempt 1 failed

TR88
    TR88's Avatar Become A Pro!

it is beatable

spot betting, only way to win

sneak-a-peak
    sneak-a-peak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

After reading this thread I could not help but to think of one of my all-time favorite movie scenes

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

use a spreadsheet sir

Its like you are describing myself

but the last few weeks I've managed to shake of the feeling of chasing or going all in etc

what I did was I created a simple yet detailed spreadsheet, were I track wins, losses, win %, average odds and net units per individual sport

also have a column on the side which shows the total wins, losses, win% etc...

this serves two purposes, 1. it helps me stay disciplined as I know that the only way that the figures are meaningful is if the units per bet are constant so I have managed to keep my bets to one unit per play quite easily

the second purpose it serves is I get to see which sports i am strong at and which ones I either need to stop betting or change my strategy for

it may not stop you from making a stupid play, but atleast a loss will be for only 1 unit, and the figures remind you that you have made more winning plays than losing ones and despite one loss, in the long run you will be profitable

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

Regul8er hang in there, at least we have the Bengals. You are a Bengals fan aren't you?

BOL and get em next time

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

It's nearly impossible to give credible advice in these situations, but it sounds like you know what you need to do but don't have the willpower to follow through with it. When it stops being fun then you really need to take a step back and re-evaluate what you're doing. You're too close to the forest right now and can't see straight, but it's really something you should talk to someone you can trust about.

Just like telling an alcoholic to quit drinking or a druggie to clean up these things are easier said than done, but this isn't any different and should be treated the same. Your health both physical and mental are taking a beating and that's not good for a lot of reasons so do yourself a solid and get away as nothing positive can come of this.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Thanks for the support guys.....especially enjoyed the posts from SportsMushroom and ManBear.

TR88......don't fool yourself, this isn't beatable. 99.9% of us lose over time, and waste precious time doing so. I used to think there was a such thing as spot betting, until I came to realization that every spread is a 50/50 proposition, no matter how much you think you have an edge. With over 7,000 post, I'm sure you know this, dont kid yourself.

SportsMushroom.....Ive tried this strategy before, and it has failed. When I lose a couple brutal beats, like I did yesterday, or Santa Clara/Nova Under 68 1st half the other night, then I chase...plain and simple. When things are going well, I stick to the 1 unit, but when I lose a handful, I up the ante, and never win when I do so.

BCats.....I'm not a native Cincinnatian, so Im not as excited as most. Besides, I can hardly watch games without wanting to get wagers in, so I doubt I'll be watching much sports, even the Bengals.

ManBear....thanks for the advice. Your right, my mental is taking an absolute beating. I dont understand how most hear keep their heads on straight, because this game makes me miserable and drives me insane, yet I keep coming back, no matter how hard I try.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Officially out of the game. I liked Barcelona over 3.5......so I changed my mind at the bet screen and select under, because of how sh!t my luck has been, and sure enough it's 4-0 early 2nd half.

Cant wait to sit in Phoenix, and watch everyone around me betting......might drive me to the brink. Not sure what the brink is, but it'll drive me there.

Regul8er
    Wordd

I have so many emotions running through me its insane....beyond words really. I'm sweating like a fu(kin donkey, but Im kind of happy I dont have to sweat out games anymore.

Dont have to watch games such as Santa Clara/Villanova Under 68 1st half........to see 64 with 10 seconds left, and have both teams foul an opposing 3 pointer in the last 10 seconds.....you cant make this stuff up.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

Sports wagering is defiantly not for you.
    Can't lose your head. You'll feel better in a week.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Bigday...unfortauntely Ive been saying I'll feel better in a week for 5 years.....never happens!

How do all you guys stay so level doing this??? I wish to fu(k I could have.

Cicima6709
    Cicima6709's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1565

We have all been there...its hard. Money management man. Your problem is obviously chasing. So dont chase. You lose some, you win some. You'll never win %100. 1 unit per game. Find the games you like in the afternoon or w/e...and bet em. If you dont like a game while you are scouting in the afternoon, then dont bet it in the evening. Its that simple.

Its hard to follow, i understand, but if you try, you'd be amazed at how much you'd save. Iv lost a ton chasing on games that i wouldnt have otherwise bet...you cant win doing that. Find you bets. Make em. You win, great. You lose? There will be better bets tomorrow.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Thanks cicima.....but my problem is I dont even want to bet. How do you get rid of the urge.......I lack discipline and self control.

My mind switches back and forth every second, about finding ways to bet somewhere, then I snap back to reality to say fu(k it. Like I've said, we dont win longterm, 99.9 lose......there might be one person in this thread who has one long term, but thats probably doubtful.

How do I just quit cold turkey? I'm going to be tempted like fu(kin none other this weekend.....bowl games are coming up. I'm in a danger zone!

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

just bet plays that you know 100% will cover, so you'll have like 1-3 plays a month. Only way you can win with shit luck.

sideloaded
    staring into the abyss
    sideloaded's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Regul8er View Post
    Thanks cicima.....but my problem is I dont even want to bet. How do you get rid of the urge.......I lack discipline and self control. My mind switches back and forth every second, about finding ways to bet somewhere, then I snap back to reality to say fu(k it. Like I've said, we dont win longterm, 99.9 lose......there might be one person in this thread who has one long term, but thats probably doubtful. How do I just quit cold turkey? I'm going to be tempted like fu(kin none other this weekend.....bowl games are coming up. I'm in a danger zone!
    gold is so expensive right now if you can get a hold of your wifes jewelry box you can pawn something, post up, win a few and get it out of pawn plus make a little cash on the side.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Thanks BettingWizard.....hahaha clown!

Good idea sideloaded, but Im not that messed up. I dont bet what I dont have. I guess thats the only thing this messed up due has going for him.

Regul8er
    Wordd

Friggin Barcelona scores 4 goals between the 30 minute and 50 minute mark....nothing before or after.

Bcatswin
    Bcats Winning Everywhere
    Bcatswin's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5350

I hear you l8er, BOL bro.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

If you chase I would quit betting because even a 65% capper goes broke if they do this practice