SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

Quote Originally Posted by wikkidinsane View Post
    You must have seen the wrong thing. I saw Marquez pound Pacman with a lot of shots and held strong int he ring. Yes he was counter punching but that didnt mean he didn't land hard on Pacquiao and two of the hardest punches of that fight went str8 to Pacmans chin. Marquez won, bottom line.
    I agree he threw about 4 good(not great) rights and a couple of decent body shots. But never stunned Manny and danced and backed up the whole fight and was out boxed on the CompuBox stats.

Guys come on, you are not going to defeat a champion in the sport of boxing by backing up and throwing less punches and connecting on even fewer punches.

Seriously, Marquez has no one to blame but himself. Manny tried to get him to stand and fight all night, he wouldn't. Neither fighter had a scratch except for the Marquez head butt on mannys forehead. Marquez needed to grow a set and fight and try to knock out Manny because he sure wasnt going to out point him moving backwards.

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post

I agree he threw about 4 good(not great) rights and a couple of decent body shots. But never stunned Manny and danced and backed up the whole fight and was out boxed on the CompuBox stats.

Guys come on, you are not going to defeat a champion in the sport of boxing by backing up and throwing less punches and connecting on even fewer punches.

Seriously, Marquez has no one to blame but himself. Manny tried to get him to stand and fight all night, he wouldn't. Neither fighter had a scratch except for the Marquez head butt on mannys forehead. Marquez needed to grow a set and fight and try to knock out Manny because he sure wasnt going to out point him moving backwards.
    Compubox is an unofficial punchstat system which should not be used as a tool to show who wins a boxing match. Anyone who has a clue knows compubox was paid off and gave bullshit stats.HBO was looking for any excuse they could give to persuade the casual fan who doesn't know anything about boxing that pacquiao won which he did not.

Number 2 you don't need to stun/hurt a fighter to win a boxing match. Marquez controlled the fight and fought the fight he wanted to. (Aka ring generalship which is one of the criterias proper judges judge the fight upon.)

Number 3 there is no rule stating you can't win the fight backing up. Floyd mayweather has won many of his fights backing up pot shotting/out smarting/counter-punching. This is you being biased wanting to see a brawl.

You really don't know much about boxing.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

john with the ko punch to the stiff.

ApricotSinner32

ApricotSinner32

SBR_John
    Wisky

Number 3 there is no rule stating you can't win the fight backing up. Floyd mayweather has won many of his fights backing up pot shotting/out smarting/counter-punching. This is you being biased wanting to see a brawl.
    I'm not bias to see a brawl. My point is when you are a challenger fighting a great champion in the sport of boxing you are not going to win if you bring your bicycle into the ring and get out punched. Thats not my rule its just the way boxing works.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post
    Compubox is an unofficial punchstat system which should not be used as a tool to show who wins a boxing match. Anyone who has a clue knows compubox was paid off and gave bullshit stats.HBO was looking for any excuse they could give to persuade the casual fan who doesn't know anything about boxing that pacquiao won which he did not.

Number 2 you don't need to stun/hurt a fighter to win a boxing match. Marquez controlled the fight and fought the fight he wanted to. (Aka ring generalship which is one of the criterias proper judges judge the fight upon.)

You really don't know much about boxing.
    ya..im still not sure about some guys obsessions with "hurting" guys...

like that clown Phillysomething or rather ....."floyd couldnt hurt ortiz".....it doesnt ******* matter...he was owning him.....he didnt hurt shane either...but he kept snapping shanes neck with crisp punches...and after awhile shane was gunshy and worried about eating more punches....

anyone who thought or thinks jmm should have gone in there trying to knock manny out is pretty dumb...wasnt going to happen...and i assure you it wasnt in their gameplan...their gameplan was solid...and it was the same....to box purely...the best jmm could...and make manny look like crap...which is what theyve done in so many rounds over these 3 fights....what was lacking was their lack of killer instinct down the stretch....at the same time...nacho was probably afraid of jmm opening up and getting dropped...which would have completely killed jmms chances

my other favorite is "to beat the champion you have to.....blah blah"......so whatever....so yer saying to beat a champion you better knock him down at least once....or you have to win 8 rounds to 4 in order to take a belt from a champion?....complete bullshit....i dont care if its 7 rounds to 5....or 6-5-1....doesnt matter to me....its a bunch of horseshit for people to say crap like that...so in order to beat manny you better knock him down or decisively beat him 8-4........so i guess if somebody beats the packers it better not be by a fg...they need to beat them by at least 7 pts......

ApricotSinner32

Pacquiao did not outland marquez. You are being mindfucked by the people who have an agenda to have pacquiao win to make millions. (HBO/TopRank) (Pacquiao's drawing power > marquez's by a landslide in america.)

Instead of having your own opinion on who outlanded who, you let the corrupted compubox numbers dictate what happened. There is no way to prove that pacquiao outlanded marquez. It's simply not possible.

ApricotSinner32

On the first week of January 2004, FBI agents raided Arum's Top Rank office in Las Vegas. Arum was on vacation when his office was raided, and the FBI originally declined to comment on the raid. The media reported that the FBI was investigating allegations that Top Rank was involved in fixing the rematch between De La Hoya and Shane Mosley, even though De La Hoya lost and Arum was De La Hoya's promoter. The federal agency also announced that it was investigating some of Eric Esch's fights, as well as the Jorge Páez-Verdell Smith fight. The investigation closed in the summer of 2006 with no charges being filed.

He has been involved in a forty year feud with Don King, who once called him a "rat fink" in 2000 for admitting during a federal trial that he bribed the International Boxing Federation president in order to gain a more favorable rating for one of his fighters. [1] [2]
    He was penalized $125,000 by the Nevada State Athletic Commission in 1995 for a bribe to get one of his fights sanctioned.

ApricotSinner32

This is the only solid left hand I have found that pacquiao landed the entire fight.

iQon
    iQon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 123

Get over it, girlfriend.

ApricotSinner32

ApricotSinner32

This is true coverage of the fight from the british commentators who call it like it is. Compared to hbo announcers riding pacquiao's dick.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

the biggest problem for pac in this fight i think...is the pressure...the fact that his last several fights have been uninspiring....i think they felt like they needed a ko win to restore some luster....and they thought they waited it out perfectly for jmm to be ripe for it.....

but manny spent too much time in the pocket with jmm trying to get to him...manny has the foot speed to be in and out and just dominate sort of like what floyd did....i think he spent too much time in there looking to land a power punch.....

pretty funny to see that dan rafael has moved floyd ahead of manny in his p4p and welter rankings...ive met dan...i dont like him as a boxing writer...hes really the last guy whos opinion i value...but i check in on him quite a bit because i know this is where the vast majority of casual fans get their boxing stuff from....this guy has been riding pac for years...especially after manny let him in his hotel room the next day after the hatton fight to rewatch it...and hes always been knocking floyd....means alot that fat dan has moved floyd over manny in his rankings

ApricotSinner32

Part 2 here

ApricotSinner32

I don't care about the p4p rankings we all know floyd is better than pacquiao until proven otherwise.

ApricotSinner32

Well it looks like the pacquiao nuthuggers tried to prove their point that pacquiao won the fight. Here are the gifs that are supposed to convince you that he won. Get ready to laugh.

ApricotSinner32

ApricotSinner32

ApricotSinner32

ApricotSinner32

This is a basic summary of the fight. Marquez lands 2 solid uppercuts snapping manny's head back making it obvious whos winning the exchange, and than makes manny miss 8 wild punches.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 03-19-15 at 10:03 AM. Reason: image does not exist

ApricotSinner32

Counter right hand over pacquiao's horrible defense.
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 03-19-15 at 10:04 AM. Reason: image does not exist

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Marquez lost the fight.. A Mexican being a counter puncher and taking steps back will never win, especially against a champion. Only gayweather gets away with that prissy shit.

ApricotSinner32

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Marquez lost the fight.. A Mexican being a counter puncher and taking steps back will never win, especially against a champion. Only gayweather gets away with that prissy shit.
    Yeah tell your boy cain to learn some defense so maybe he won't get ktfo by one punch on national tv.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Quote Originally Posted by ApricotSinner32 View Post
    Yeah tell your boy cain to learn some defense so maybe he won't get ktfo by one punch on national tv.
    The guy just came off a Long hiatus(knee injury) and took on a striker that a K-1 champion would have trouble with... And Velasquez fights like a true Mexican...Offense, offense, offense....Never give up and if you get ktfo so be it....... and all mma fighters get knocked out by one punch(no pillows attached to hands)..

Leave that prissy defense first shit for scared bitch fighters.

ApricotSinner32

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post

The guy just came off a Long hiatus(knee injury) and took on a striker that a K-1 champion would have trouble with... And Velasquez fights like a true Mexican...Offense, offense, offense....Never give up and if you get ktfo so be it....... and all mma fighters get knocked out by one punch(no pillows attached to hands)..

Leave that prissy defense first shit for scared bitch fighters.
    Never gave up? He got knocked out in 23 seconds or some shit. Get real.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Yes sinner he got knocked out... Mexicans get ktfo all the time... Never give up would be, getting knocked out like he did versus kongo and IF he can survive it he won't give up and still go on the OFFENSE to WIN like the kongo fight.

ApricotSinner32

Getting knocked out shows you are not a good fighter. There is nothing skillful about getting knocked out. Defense is just as important as offense. I am not like the majority who wants to see two morons swing wildly at each other until one gets dropped. That's not skill anyone can do that.

ApricotSinner32

Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 03-19-15 at 10:04 AM. Reason: image does not exist

Salmon Steak
    Salmon Steak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

watched the whole thing. don't think he won. at least it wasn't like that korean olympic fight.

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO

Of course defense is needed.. But a fighter that thinks defense first is not a fighter..he's a defender.

SBR_John
    Wisky

AS, if you think you defeat a world champion with the couple of rights and nearly all rounds even then I will assume you don't know much about championship boxing. One guy said its total BS. Maybe it is or maybe it isn't but that's the way it's been since I've been a fight fan going back to Cassius Clay. Marquez needed to take some risks. He had Manny frustrated a bit in the later rounds and could have made something happen but wouldnt man-up and fight. For that reason he got what he deserved; a loss. If you want to win a world title leave your bike at home and beat the champ. This aint Dancing With The Stars time.

ApricotSinner32

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John View Post
    AS, if you think you defeat a world champion with the couple of rights and nearly all rounds even then I will assume you don't know much about championship boxing. One guy said its total BS. Maybe it is or maybe it isn't but that's the way it's been since I've been a fight fan going back to Cassius Clay. Marquez needed to take some risks. He had Manny frustrated a bit in the later rounds and could have made something happen but wouldnt man-up and fight. For that reason he got what he deserved; a loss. If you want to win a world title leave your bike at home and beat the champ. This aint Dancing With The Stars time.
    If you call what marquez did "dancing with the stars" you proved my point.If you think it was only a few right hands than you need to watch the fight again.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Jesus Christ! Get over it already. We get it. You think Marquez won. It doesn't matter. Marquez got his biggest paycheck and will get an even bigger one for the 4th fight. He can still claim he was robbed and get paid. Marquez should be pissed at himself and Nacho for giving 2 of the last 3 rounds away.

First 12345 Last