NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Stanford vs. LSU in the National Title Game...Book It

Looks like this is gonna turn out to be Andrew Luck( the best QB in the nation) versus the best defense in the nation. Truly will be a great BCS National title game.

Can't wait! Go Cardinals!!
    Last edited by NYSportsGuy210; 11-06-11 at 12:11 AM.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

yea I agree, Stanford not gonna lose to Oregon at home

paco
    paco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7051

That would be pretty fun game i guess.

Stanford and Ok. State would be more fun though

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

You're making the assumption that Stanford beats Oregon AND Oklahoma State loses to Oklahoma.

It's pretty simple...If Oklahoma State wins out, they're in the title game and DESERVE IT.

They would have ran the schedule AND won a title game in a BCS conference...that's title game material

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1848

What happens if Arkansas beats LSU???

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    What happens if Arkansas beats LSU???
    No need to worry about that.

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Arkansas beats lsu then total chaos

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

LSU 44
    Stanford 17

LT Profits

LSU -6 Stanford
    LSU -6.5 Boise State
    LSU -7 Oklahoma State

It is interesting that the one team that controls its own destiny (Ok St) is only ranked sixth by Sagarin behind the other two teams. The only way someone else will crash the party (Oregon or Oklahoma?) is if all three of the opponents listed above lose a game.

P.F.Kasooff
    P.F.Kasooff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

LSU is the winner and will cash tickets, LT

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by P.F.Kasooff View Post
    LSU is the winner and will cash tickets, LT
    I agree, I think they beat any non-SEC team in the country by double-digits. I should have added that the pecking order should all those teams go undefeated is OSU, Stanford, Boise, although OSU would be the biggest dog. I agree with the OP though that it's Stanford, I think they and Boise go undefeated, Ok State loses to Oklahoma and Boise cries foul again although it will be unwarranted. I am personally rooting for Boise to be the only unbeaten of the three, but that has nothing to do with anything.
    Last edited by LT Profits; 11-05-11 at 11:35 PM.

zoo youk
    zoo youk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1197

Boise should not even be in the discussion what so ever.

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    I agree, I think they beat any non-SEC team in the country by double-digits. I should have added that the pecking order should all those teams go undefeated is OSU, Stanford, Boise, although OSU would be the biggest dog. I agree with the OP though that it's Stanford, I think they and Boise go undefeated, Ok State loses to Oklahoma and Boise cries foul again although it will be unwarranted. I am personally rooting for Boise to be the only unbeaten of the three, but that has nothing to do with anything.
    What about Houston

zoo youk

actually you know what, I hope Boise does get a shot...I hope they get matched up with Alabama which is pretty possible after the loss tonight. Bama will absolutely destroy them and finally all those Boise fans can shut the fk up n stop whining about getting no credit or ever getting a chance at a national title.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 19th Hole

Pew Pew
    Banned
    Pew Pew's Avatar Become A Pro!

I rather see LSU vs Stanford (NFL defense vs NFL QB) in the title game and Alabama vs Boise State (top defense vs top offense) for the other BCS game. OSU can go eat dicks.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

it would be a shame...stanford really has no business being in the top 5... lsu/bama/okst/ok/boisest. all better

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by zoo youk View Post
    Boise should not even be in the discussion what so ever.
    If Stanford loses to Oregon, Oklahoma State loses to Oklahoma and Boise wins out, it WILL be LSU vs. Boise, so deal with it! And LSU would only be -6.5, and I agree that they would be a great bet.

jgray
    jgray's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

If Stanford loses to Oregon, Oklahoma State loses to Oklahoma and Boise wins out, it WILL be LSU vs. Boise, so deal with it! And LSU would only be -6.5, and I agree that they would be a great bet.
    For the sake of my bankroll, I hope it's LSU/BSU in the NC game...

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

oregon vs stanford next week will be interesting

NYSportsGuy210

Stanford will beat the Ducks next week 35-24.

zoo youk

there is no way in hell they make the national title game over a 1 loss Oklahoma team, with that schedule of theirs. they have the same problems and same bitching every year but every year they still continue to schedule cup cakes. they play 1 or 2 at best top 25 teams a year...that is not NC quality.

NYSportsGuy210

Bottom line is that the BCS needs to go to an 8 team playoff elimination format to determine the National Champion.

They can consolidate all those bowl games into a seven game bowl tournament consisting of the top 8 college teams in the nation playing single elimination tournament.

Get it done Barrack Obama!

LT Profits

there is no way in hell they make the national title game over a 1 loss Oklahoma team, with that schedule of theirs. they have the same problems and same bitching every year but every year they still continue to schedule cup cakes. they play 1 or 2 at best top 25 teams a year...that is not NC quality.
    I think guys are misinterpreting what I am saying. I am NOT saying that Boise would be the second best team in the country if they go undefeated and the other contenders lose one, I am saying Bose would go to NCG because or way system is set up. And they are ranked fifth in country on Sag Ratings, AHEAD of Oklahoma State (but behind one-loss Bama and Oklahoma), so it is not as if they are as undeserving as some guys here are implying.

Inkwell77
    Inkwell77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2413

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    it would be a shame...stanford really has no business being in the top 5... lsu/bama/okst/ok/boisest. all better

Yeah, a team undefeated and undefeated against the spread and has outplayed every single expectation really doesn't deserve to be in the top 5......

Where are these people from?

How could you possibly claim Boise should be ranked higher? What is that based on? A win in Georgia?

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

Lt, Boise will not get in. One loss Alabama will still be ranked higher in the bcs..

LT Profits

And yet they always beat the BCS Conference teams on their schedule. The Georgia win looks better with each passing week. And the thing is, Boise WANTS to play a tougher schedule, but the high profile teams don't want to schedule them! What does that tell you?

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    Lt, Boise will not get in. One loss Alabama will still be ranked higher in the bcs..
    If Boise is the only unbeaten, BCS will schedule them over Bama in NCS game though, or at least they should. Someone explain to me how it is possible for a team that did not win its conference to play for a national title. Like I said, if there is a rematch, there would really be no need to have conferences anymore. And I agree that LSU and Alabama are the two best teams in the country and I STILL think there should not be a rematch.

tcpugh5
    Vols Bitch Crew
    tcpugh5's Avatar Become A Pro!

And yet they always beat the BCS Conference teams on their schedule. The Georgia win looks better with each passing week. And the thing is, Boise WANTS to play a tougher schedule, but the high profile teams don't want to schedule them! What does that tell you?
    I agree that Boise wants to play a tougher schedule, but why would teams like LSU, Bama, Oklahoma or any other top program play them. If they play Boise and win all you will hear is, "oh well they were supposed to beat them, Boise must have been overrated. But if Boise sneaks up and beats one of these teams then all hell breaks lose.

Its just a lose/lose situation for any team that has Boise on their schedule.

zsr
    zsr's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree if they are the only unbeaten left theres no question they should get in, but it's just the way the bcs is. They'll give Boise a spot but it won't be the title game. We need a playoff because I think Boise can beat anybody.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by tcpugh5 View Post
    I agree that Boise wants to play a tougher schedule, but why would teams like LSU, Bama, Oklahoma or any other top program play them. If they play Boise and win all you will hear is, "oh well they were supposed to beat them, Boise must have been overrated. But if Boise sneaks up and beats one of these teams then all hell breaks lose.

Its just a lose/lose situation for any team that has Boise on their schedule.
    And you just legitimized what I am trying to say, teams are scared to schedule Boise because they respect them, apparently unlike some guys in this forum. Notice how Fresno State has the "Anybody. Any Time, Anywhere" Motto? That's because big schools don't fear them so don't mind scheduling them.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by zsr View Post
    I agree if they are the only unbeaten left theres no question they should get in, but it's just the way the bcs is. They'll give Boise a spot but it won't be the title game. We need a playoff because I think Boise can beat anybody.
    I am ONLY talking about the title game. It is a given that Boise will be in a BCS game regardless (assuming they win out).

jeffdane
    jeffdane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

its going to be LSU vs BAMA again or LSU vs OREGON again.

stanford can not beat Oregon. OKST loses to OKLA. Boise gets snubbed(if they even beat TCU).

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by jeffdane View Post
    its going to be LSU vs BAMA again or LSU vs OREGON again. stanford can not beat Oregon. OKST loses to OKLA. Boise gets snubbed(if they even beat TCU).

Stanford is better than Oregon and the game is @ Stanford anyways

tcpugh5
    Vols Bitch Crew
    tcpugh5's Avatar Become A Pro!

And you just legitimized what I am trying to say, teams are scared to schedule Boise because they respect them, apparently unlike some guys in this forum. Notice how Fresno State has the "Anybody. Any Time, Anywhere" Motto? That's because big schools don't fear them so don't mind scheduling them.
    Thats why I posted it... I was agreeing that teams are scared to death of them.... Every team feels they are unproven and probably over ranked, yet won't play them... I say give them a chance... Might not be in the top 5 best teams in the country, but until it's proven otherwise we will never know.

I say if the cards fall their direction they should get a chance.

jeffdane
    jeffdane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post

Stanford is better than Oregon and the game is @ Stanford anyways
    did i say where the game would be played. and it doesnt matter where the game is played. andrew luck will be looking up all day and stanford defense will be beat after the first half. ducks win. guaranteed

123 Last