Betpoints: 13

Penn State Board of Trustees considering self imposed Sanctions

OMG

Trying to nip it in the bud

P.F.Kasooff
    P.F.Kasooff's Avatar Become A Pro!

List of Trustees

Is a Self Inflected 'Death Penalty' possible ?

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

You are over reaching.

They are not shutting the program down, and they actually didn't even break any NCAA rules. Not sure why they would punish thier kids when they fired everyone who was responsible.

P.F.Kasooff

MartinBlank, it is all about the $$$

Mega dollar lawsuits forthcoming. Think Roman Catholic Diocese size payouts

Strong & tough action now by the Board may help with future juries

jgray
    jgray's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Wouldn't this decision just simply be creating a whole new category of victims, the football players on the team? They are innocent here, right?

And I'm not sure how this would lessen a potential jury award. I can hear the argument now, "Sure we didn't report this stuff to the authorities, but hey, we stopped playing football for a while after we were caught..."

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by p.f.kasooff View Post

mega dollar lawsuits forthcoming. Think roman catholic diocese size payouts
    bigtime

P.F.Kasooff

Please dont compare football players (victims) not play a GAME to little boys getting raped in the azz

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

PF....that is why I don't think they will shut it down.

Penn State fans are delusional, they will continue to support the football team, and generate money for the school. They won't leave that on the table---and the Big 10 won't allow them to stop playing.

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

The only reason Baylor escaped the death penalty was that their program self-imposed sanctions. A Molestation can happen at any campus. The cover up is what is going to be the downfall. The NCAA has to come down hard on PSU as a statement that this type of cover up is never condoned. If the board does not do it; the NCAA might hand down its version of the death penalty.

P.F.Kasooff

Lack of Institutional Control

Altho perhaps no NCAA rules were violated I bet the rules committee will stretch the meaning of 'lack of institutional control' in this case

P.F.Kasooff

Quote Originally Posted by P.F.Kasooff View Post

Mega dollar lawsuits forthcoming. Think Roman Catholic Diocese size payouts

Quote Originally Posted by muldoon View Post

bigtime

rumors Sundusky and 2nd Mile were "pimping out young boys to rich donars"

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

They could always site the good old honor code. If you witness or are in possession of knowledge of a crime and do not come forward you are just as guilty as those who commit it.

jgray
    jgray's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Please dont compare football players (victims) not play a GAME to little boys getting raped in the azz
    I'm not suggesting that they are even remotely on the same level. But two wrongs won't make a right. It's time for the adults to step up and act responsibly and reasonably. The emotion here is understandibly raw given the subject matter but that doesn't mean everyone should run around half-cocked. Self imposition of the death penalty or any other football sanctions would be stupid.

brooks85
    brooks85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6881

Lack of Institutional Control

Altho perhaps no NCAA rules were violated I bet the rules committee will stretch the meaning of 'lack of institutional control' in this case

they dont have to stretch anything... if there was ever a fine example of "lack of institutional control" this is it.

Kids were molested on the campus and they did nothing about it, and it continued to happen.

P.F.Kasooff

Quote Originally Posted by brooks85 View Post

they dont have to stretch anything... if there was ever a fine example of "lack of institutional control" this is it.

Kids were molested on the campus and they did nothing about it, and it continued to happen.

More specifically in the Sports/Football facilities by a coach

linedrivr
    I'm your huckleberry
    linedrivr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 432

how does McQueary still have a job on the sidelines? He's a big dude and should have stopped the shower action as soon as he saw it. Not turn the other way and wait til the next day to report it to his head coach. Don't know how the guy sleeps at night for not doing what was right and calling the authorities himself. Just baffles me. Fire his a$$.

As a human being, if I walk in on a man molesting / raping a child, i'm picking up the nearest blunt object I can find and violently intervening while waiting on the law to arrive and stop me from killing the sob. I know I am not alone in feeling this way.

ehp6737
    ehp6737's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 32

Quote Originally Posted by jgray View Post

And I'm not sure how this would lessen a potential jury award. I can hear the argument now, "Sure we didn't report this stuff to the authorities, but hey, we stopped playing football for a while after we were caught..."

Exactly