Stocks
    Stocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2984

Thoughts on the NY Jets vs Buffalo Line?

Anyone else think this is an odd line?

Buffalo is only a -1.5 favourite at home. Buffalo is 4-0 at home with pretty good numbers while Jets are 0-3 on the road. Even Buffalo -2.5 -120 would seem reasonable enough to get action on both sides.

I personally kind of got a gut feeling the Jets win so I'm not betting this game but it also seems like there's some pretty good value betting the Bills.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1860

Honestly I'd rather pass on this game until I get some signs otherwise.

Close to a coin flip as you can get right now.

LLXC
    LLXC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10451

Would take Jets +3 if it gets that far.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Jets are "perceived" to be the better team, and the early betting percentages are not outrageous with 56% on Buffalo ATS. The Jets have run the ball better since Mangold came back, but they still can't stop the run (amazing after being one of the best vs. run last few years). I think Fred Jackson makes the difference and Bills win.

hankcream
    hankcream's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5458

Jet's off a bye, is the only play imo.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Bills

Looks easy too

Stocks

Ya it seems like the line is based off the perception that the Jets are better than they are like they were a couple years ago and Bills are worse than they really are like last season.

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

I am a Jets fan, have watched every game this year, this is a toss up. Line is where it should be.

Stocks

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    Bills

Looks easy too

It does seem to easy, usually an angle I bet I just got a gut feeling about this one. I think Jets win by a field goal.

By the way you know what a gut feeling really is. Its your subconscious processing all the data in your head without you knowing and comming up with an answer.

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Jets matchup with Buffalo really well......Fitzpatrick will not have a good game against a secondary/ defense that causes problems for even the elite QB's in this league

On offense, the Jets will probably play conservative (surprise) and try to get the ground game going. They will probably use play action to take some shots downfield

Only way Buffalo wins IMO is if Fred Jackson has a huge game on the ground.....I think he will have a solid game, but nothing huge

Jets off the bye getting everyone rested and Rex Ryan having an extra week creating his gameplan for Buffalo should be the difference. The Jets will come in here with tons of confidence and I'm predicting they win something like 27-20

MoneyLineDawg
    Update your status
    MoneyLineDawg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

I don't really think the Jets are perceived to be the better team.....They seem to be hated by most fans and a lot of the public really like these teams that come out of nowhere (like the Bills) to seem smart when they win on them. Buffalo is also the home team which gives them that edge.

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by MoneyLineDawg View Post
    Jets matchup with Buffalo really well......Fitzpatrick will not have a good game against a secondary/ defense that causes problems for even the elite QB's in this league

On offense, the Jets will probably play conservative (surprise) and try to get the ground game going. They will probably use play action to take some shots downfield

Only way Buffalo wins IMO is if Fred Jackson has a huge game on the ground.....I think he will have a solid game, but nothing huge

Jets off the bye getting everyone rested and Rex Ryan having an extra week creating his gameplan for Buffalo should be the difference. The Jets will come in here with tons of confidence and I'm predicting they win something like 27-20

good insight...obvious from your avy yer a jets fan....im a pats fan/season ticket holder...but i think your analysis here is spot on...and i like the jets here

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1944

The Jets do not have the same run defense from the last 2 seasons.

Bills runningback Fred Jackson could run wild against the Jets.

EastSideLV
    EastSideLV's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1462

Yea I think Fred Jackson has a big game here and keeps the jets D on the field alot. Should open up the passing lanes later in the game for the Bills. Chandler will probably have a good game here with the Jets D taking away Steve Johnson. Also, if the Jets go down early, I don't like sanchez chance of throwing the ball for the comeback, he hasnt been in sync with his recievers at all this year.

grizzlies1
    grizzlies1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

I also have a gut feeling that the Jets take this. I had the same feeling before they played SD and bet that one fairly big. It seemed like they turned a corner in that game and to be honest I would probably have rather they didn't have a bye week as I could see that they were picking up momentum.

However I think getting healthy and rested probably offsets the bye potentially halting the momentum they picked up from beating Miami and SD. And to say Sanchez has not been clicking with his receivers would have been a fair comment until the last game where he hit Plax for 3 TD's!!

I see the Jets winning by 3-7 points. Won't bet it too big but I love the Jets to win SU at home the week after v the Pats.

Sambooka
    Sambooka's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think the Jets win this one

MC PICKS
    Update your status
    MC PICKS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Take the jets and the 1.5, when the public starts hitting this game it will go down to a PK or even see the jets laying a point or so come sunday. Jets will win this one outright I believe.

TexansFan
    TexansFan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 211

I'd like to see Buffalo win just to shutup that Dorito chute on Rex Ryan's face.

caseyman011
    caseyman011's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

I really like the Bills a lot, and the Jets have been underachieving as of late, but I think that the Jets take this one. Call it a gut feeling.

grizzlies1
    grizzlies1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 552

Can get jets at +2 -110 at the moment at Bet365 and Paddypower right now. To the guy who said with the public hitting the jets they might end up -1 I would be suprised to see it go that way as the public seem pretty high on the Bills.