milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

Saturday night is (but shouldn't be) the national championship

These SEC teams are so good, this game could very well decide the national champ.
    Yes, Oklahoma St/Stanford/others still have a path but they would be 4 point underdogs to either LSU/Alabama as it stands now.

Of course that's only because of the ridiculousness that is the BCS - which teams play for the championship shouldn't be decided 2 months before the title game...

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

These are the two best teams 1a & 1b

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

1. they dont know when they decide the schedules which teams are gonna be in the national championship at the end of the year

2. teams decide which teams they play so its really their fault

3. these two teams could still meet in the bcs bowl even if one of them has on loss

teaserpleaser
    teaserpleaser's Avatar Become A Pro!

I cant understand how you think this mega game is a bad thing. Soo pumped for this The two best teams in cfb going at it for a NC... Unless the winner slips in one of the remaining sec games or sec championship game they are getting the hardware, boise, ok st, stanford isnt beating bama or Lsu

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 542

CBS ratings are going to be off the chart Saturday night.

milwaukee mike

i'm pumped for this game too.
    mega games are great and i'm really looking forward to it.

what i'm saying is it's unfortunate that teams like oregon, oklahoma, pretty much any really terrific team can essentially be eliminated from playing for a national championship by losing their first game.

Holtgetsback
    Holtgetsback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1402

There is a simple solution to all of this.

Don't ever lose.

beerman2619
    beerman2619's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 459

Oregon proves every year they can't beat a sec team. Auburn handled them last season and LSU did this year. I really don't see any of those teams beating Alabama or LSU. But Oregon had there chance and blew it already. Would be nice to see a playoff in the college game but isn't going to happen.

DrStale
    DrStale's Avatar Become A Pro!

They could easily play again for the title. Even if one team gets knocked down a couple spots Stanford still has to get through Oregon and Oklahoma St through Oklahoma

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

These two teams are by far the best teams in the country. Both of them would dominate Oklahoma State, Stanford, Boise or anyone else.

Hope they play again for the title in January.

milwaukee mike

Quote Originally Posted by dfberger23 View Post
    These two teams are by far the best teams in the country. Both of them MIGHT dominate Oklahoma State, Stanford, Boise or anyone else.

Hope they play again for the title in January.
    there fixed it for you. like usual we'll wait and see what happens rather than knowing it ahead of time.