Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Who else thinks Georgia Tech beats Clemson?

The Yellow jackets coming back home under the lights after a miserable last two games on the road. Clemson is a much different team on the road, and this G Tech defense should be good enough to keep the tigers caged. I look for the yellow jackets to control the tempo of the game and get that rushing attack flowing again, keeping clemson's offense off the field. G Tech should be able to continuously pick up those back breaking 3rd and shorts consistently.

Clemson run defense is average and should not be able to control the yellow jacket rushing game. The first few possessions in this game are going to be vital determining which team will control the tempo. Clemson wants to hurry up and spread it out, as G Tech wants to slow it down and control the time of possession. I see the Yellow Jackets getting out to an early lead and maintaining it throughout.

Ill take G Tech +4 but I don't think they will need it.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

How are they going to beat them without a QB and no defense?

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

me, and i am taking any amount of points on it posters want to lay

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by RudyRuetigger View Post
    me, and i am taking any amount of points on it posters want to lay
    glad to see your with me, can only find this play and Nebraska so far... tough card imo

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    How are they going to beat them without a QB and no defense?
    by making clemson play their game, up until these last two road games GT was highest scoring team in ACC if not the nation...

Both of these teams are black and white, when it comes to home/road

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    by making clemson play their game, up until these last two road games GT was highest scoring team in ACC if not the nation...

There will be more Clemson fans than GT fans on this game. I guarantee you Clemson will win this game and it will win it big.

RudyRuetigger
    Leave of absence until March Madness
    RudyRuetigger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55

There will be more Clemson fans than GT fans on this game. I guarantee you Clemson will win this game and it will win it big.

i think they have a standing room only for this game...might fit a capacity of 5,000 in this stadium

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

That is simply not true, 75/25 g tech fans min

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Georgia Tech is NOT good defensively...and while GT has usually plays Clemson tough, I just don't see GT covering against the Tigers.
    Points Awarded:

priskilla22 gave Doc JS 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

priskilla22 gave Doc JS 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

GenosPicks
    GenosPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Just can't go against Clemson, they are playing with a vengeance this season... and that loss to Miami wasn't a fluke.. it was a blueprint for beating the Yellow jackets.. then again i'm guessing those Clemson kids don't read books well, let alone blueprints.

Geno's Takes for Oct 25th

priskilla22
    priskilla22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Two really inconsistent teams.

I think you'd be crazy to place a wager on this game.

BlueMe
    BlueMe's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by priskilla22 View Post

I think he didn't follow the current events

BlueMe
    BlueMe's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Doc JS View Post
    Georgia Tech is NOT good defensively...and while GT has usually plays Clemson tough, I just don't see GT covering against the Tigers.
    agreed. GT keep their weakest link there for sometime now

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Quote Originally Posted by priskilla22 View Post

Even more reason to take an underdog team to win here. Anything can happen scenarios tend to favor dogs a little bit more. Personally I wouldn't lean anything but the OVER here but this might hit.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

After watching Georgia Tech against Miami I wonder how they can beat anyone.

The team was so bad on Saturday that I wouldn't bet them again this season. Good luck men.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

I like the Yellow Jackets here. Two weeks ago everyone thought they were a great team and now all of a sudden they suck?

Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

yes

perfect fade. thanks so much air bettor

Quote Originally Posted by Doc JS View Post
    you wouldn't say stupid things if you took 2 seconds to check stats

SlickRick1382
    If hustlin' is a must; be Sosa, not Tony
    SlickRick1382's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11517

I don't see how anyone can take GT after how they've played recently. They have no passing game. If they get down in a game then it's over they have no chance of catching up. I mean when it takes you 6-9 minutes to put together a scoring drive, when you're down, then you're in trouble.

The minute Clemson starts going up in this game it's over for GT. I watched them lose to Miami and they looked atrocious... I was mad at myself for taking them after their last loss, thinking they'd rebound.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick1382 View Post
    I don't see how anyone can take GT after how they've played recently. They have no passing game. If they get down in a game then it's over they have no chance of catching up. I mean when it takes you 6-9 minutes to put together a scoring drive, when you're down, then you're in trouble.

The minute Clemson starts going up in this game it's over for GT. I watched them lose to Miami and they looked atrocious... I was mad at myself for taking them after their last loss, thinking they'd rebound.
    Gotta agree with this. If Clemson gets a lead in this game its goodnight Tech. I really was not impressed with any part of Georgia Tech against a average Miami team.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

G Tech is totally different team on the road, can't compare those road games...

SlickRick1382
    If hustlin' is a must; be Sosa, not Tony
    SlickRick1382's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11517

G Tech is totally different team on the road, can't compare those road games...
    Road, Home, my backyard. Doesn't matter, good teams find a way to win.

Georgia Tech lost to Ohio State and Miami (Fl) in consecutive weeks and looked awful doing it. I'm sure they play better at home but as explosive as Clemson is I wouldn't want any part of GT in a game like this. Clemson can put up points in a hurry when they want and if they're able to get a lead on Georgia Tech then it's over.

The triple option can only carry them so far when they have no ability to throw the ball.

Good luck with Georgia Tech if you take them, I just know I wouldn't

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

that tech rushing attack is so tough to deal with but if they cant find some balance in the passing game- they're going to keep losing.

that young receiver for clemson reminds me of julio jones. cant remember his name watkins?

boneheaded1
    boneheaded1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1081

To high on Clemson this season to go against them.

The DiB
    The DiB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 125

Like Tech in this one. Clemson has a very poor defense rush defense. Also worth noting they struggled with Wofford at home, a FCS school who also runs the triple option. Tech's defense isn't also as bad as everyone is making them out to be. They've played well enough to keep them in every game this year (33rd in yards game, 48th in scoring defense, 77th in rush defense, 18th in pass efficiency defense).

Part of why Tech looked so bad last week was because their lost their center in the middle of the game. Hard to bounce back from that mid game, especially with their offense. They'll have all week for him to get healthy or gameplan without him.

Tech needs this game to stay in the hunt for the ACC game. They had a rough 2 game stretch on the road, but they're back at home finally with the chance to have a good season.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

like tech for pretty much the same reasons. dib brought up a good point about the wofford game as well, think thats the only game clemson hasnt covered all season.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    like tech for pretty much the same reasons. dib brought up a good point about the wofford game as well, think thats the only game clemson hasnt covered all season.
    Clemson has been killing the books, and they are very confident to recover some of that money this week... hence the opening line 4.5 and now alot of 3.5's

bobby heenan
    Update your status
    bobby heenan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

one need not watch tech vs miami to get a read on tech...just watch them at home against maryland

footballfanstan
    footballfanstan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick1382 View Post
    Road, Home, my backyard. Doesn't matter, good teams find a way to win.

Georgia Tech lost to Ohio State and Miami (Fl) in consecutive weeks and looked awful doing it. I'm sure they play better at home but as explosive as Clemson is I wouldn't want any part of GT in a game like this. Clemson can put up points in a hurry when they want and if they're able to get a lead on Georgia Tech then it's over.

The triple option can only carry them so far when they have no ability to throw the ball.

Good luck with Georgia Tech if you take them, I just know I wouldn't
    What in the world are you talking about? Georgia Tech hasn't played Ohio State in at least 10 years, certainly not this year.

M.W.
    M.W.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6270

Clemson is a much different team on the road
    Yeah, a better team.

Clemson is 5-1 ATS at home, beating the spread by an average of 2.3 points per game.
    Clemson is 2-0 ATS on the road, beating the spread by an average of 14.5 points per game.

And Tech hasn't been significantly better on at home than on the road, either.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Clemson has been killing the books, and they are very confident to recover some of that money this week... hence the opening line 4.5 and now alot of 3.5's
    How did line movement help Auburn to cover vs LSU? They opened +22.5 and closed +20.5 and lost by 35.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

How did line movement help Auburn to cover vs LSU? They opened +22.5 and closed +20.5 and lost by 35.
    dam, you got me there

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by M.W. View Post
    Yeah, a better team.

Clemson is 5-1 ATS at home, beating the spread by an average of 2.3 points per game.
    Clemson is 2-0 ATS on the road, beating the spread by an average of 14.5 points per game.

And Tech hasn't been significantly better on at home than on the road, either.
    dude, start watching a little football once in a while.

get off of statfox

they are a better road team?, dude when they touch the rock(doubt you even know what that is) that orange stadium is rocking but yeah they play better on the road)

mp5070
    The Michael Scott Company
    mp5070's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7789

2 or 3 weeks ago...This game looked like BCS Showdown......ever since that meltdown for Georgia Tech vs Virginia and the U.....This team is a joke......may make Clemson -4 my top play

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by mp5070 View Post
    2 or 3 weeks ago...This game looked like BCS Showdown......ever since that meltdown for Georgia Tech vs Virginia and the U.....This team is a joke......may make Clemson -4 my top play
    you won't be alone

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

if gt doesnt start passing the ball a little bit, clemson will romp.

123 Last