GenosPicks
    GenosPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

Geno's Takes for October 24 2011

Yes it was a difficult week for some of the forum’s best handicappers—and myself as well—as I’ll be taking my woeful 1-3 record into tonight’s MNF game with a 40% week hanging on the Ravens laying 10. Sure, it’s been a rough start for the good guy as he literally is 33% ATS (14-21) on the year but I will not run from it; not like I could thanks to the fine followers at SBRForum.com who point out my every misstep—suffice to say they’ve been busy. But as you can see from the forum—especially my reply to MrClient9 in my Week 7 thread—there isn’t a pick or a joke I will back down from and if you keep coming back to the forum throughout the week, you’ll see the replies are as funny and insight full as the video. My favorite reply this week was from my buddy Louie noble with his “Geno is like the class comedian, using jokes to cover up the emotional scarring from the abusive uncle etc… only this time comedy masks his 40% record... or maybe both!” Thanks for reminding me Louie, now if you don’t mind I have to go shower repeatedly to wash off the shame—of my Week 7 as well as the hunting weekend with Uncle Glenn when I was seven.

While I do that, realize that these numbers have a way of balancing out and strongly recommend you stay on me during this cold streak—not like I have to ask you to keep those digs coming—because the numbers always balance out as evidenced by my past four seasons (all online for your verification) as well as this insightful thread by our buddy lakerboy showing how even after a 1-17 streak he hit 17 out of his next 21. Why, because this is a long term investment kids and if anyone makes it fun to come back every week for the long haul, it’s your buddy Geno—because I’ll be back every week, hell I’m here every day making all your sports info a little more digestible. That said, here is a nice little roundup of week 7 you can use at work to occupy the delicate sensibilities of the idiots talking about occupying Wall Street…

Broncos 18 Miami 15
    Wow… let’s see Merill Hoge backpedal through this one. The epic saga that is Time Tebow continues as—behind him—the Broncos become the first team NFL team since the 1970 merger to come back from 15 points down in the final 3 minutes of a game. One more comeback like this and Denver will replace OJ Simpson for most daring escape with a slow white Bronco.

Cleveland 6 Seattle 3
    Commissioner Godell should be embarrassed that he sent the Bucs and Bears to Wembley Stadium this weekend when—if ever there was an NFL game to showcase in England it was yesterday’s Browns-Seahawks disaster-bacle. While it was a disgrace by American standards, our neighbors across the pond would be losing their mind watching this one bragging about a shootout that finished 6-3! I mean, come on Roger, these fans would have lost their mind and given us the greatest riot based on three good kicks since Rodney King.

Carolina 33 Redskins 20
    We all saw this coming didn’t we? When a team like the Redskins start mouthing off when they haven’t beat anyone, they put a target on their heads and opposing teams are now 2-2 in hitting the bullseye after Cam Newton and his Panthers humiliated them. Some stubborn Skins fans will contend this was a “trap game” as Washington was concerned about their big matchup against another upstart team The Buffalo Bills next week. But “trap game” is another ridiculous phrase people use. This was a football game plain and simple where the more disciplined team won… a trap game is when your wife asks you if you think her sister is hot.

Jets 27 Chargers 21
    The Chargers will never win it all for the simple reason that Norv never goes for the jugular like winners like Belichick and Payton; anyone see that 62-7 pasting last night? It was as evident in their taking an eleven point lead into the half and then being outscored 17-zip in the second half as it was in his media tiff with Rex Ryan in the week leading up to the game. He had one good dig after Ryan backpedaled on his statement that he’d have won two rings with the Bolts by now. Instead of letting him off the hook with his apology he should have gone for the jugular and said “Rex Ryan made the news again for putting a foot in his mouth, glad to hear this time the foot was connected to someone with huge breasts.” Tweets like this everyday in real time on twitter @genospicks.

Parting Thread…
    Shouldn’t every tough Monday end with a steak dinner? The fine peeps at the SBRForum give you the chance to do that every week with their NFL Monday Night Football Dinner. Just guess the final score, and if you’re feeling crazy, forward the link to all your vegan friends. <3

See you tomorrow guys… Go Ravens!!!
    Last edited by GenosPicks; 10-24-11 at 10:26 AM. Reason: typos... as always... hey you try tyiping 8am wiht half a cup of coffee in ya!!!