statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Tip Sheet Strategy?

Yes, parlay cards, for the most part, are for suckers.

Especially when the douchebag uses lots of key numbers and ties lose.

The only time they are worthwhile is the stale numbers. Played my first one this week cause a co-worker shows me them every week. I take a look and see instantly SF +7. This is Wednesday and I know the real world already has the game at 4.5. So I tell him I will take 2 sheets. He has to turn them in Thursday nights. And yes, ideally it would be a Friday night/Saturday morning turn in to age the numbers another day or two.

Put SF with picks 89 and 90. Added Dallas +7 because I liked that one a lot. Anyway, did 2 cards for $25 each at 6:1. Now obviously I can only win one because I played both sides of game 89/90. So it was $50 to win $125, or 2.5 to 1.

Hopefully the fukk pays and doesn't notice the strategy. It would be different if "ties didn't lose" and if the NFL Totals weren't 3 points in either direction, so anything goes I figure.

Any others out there.

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Played it safe and low this week. Grabbed Vandy at 9 and Aub +24, finished off with Minny +10.

Now you never want to hedge a bet, ever. Unless your original position was too large, or you plan to never play a parlay again. But I will if the first two stales work out.