NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Why We As Humans Love Chat Boards and Watching "Train Wrecks"

I have long been inclined to believe that we as human beings are are genetically programmed to worship and elevate those that we find to be very beautiful or very talented in some aspect of life. We do this because we are comforted by our adoration. It just makes us feel good. As children, we grow up sleeping under poster images of T.V, movie, music and sports stars and dream about the grandeur and mystery of their everyday lives. As we get older though, the posters come off but we still fill our lives of everyday news and events of tabloid culture. But perhaps the most enjoyable part of all of this is their fall from grace. Nothing seems op beat a good ol' public crucifixion. Especially when it's self -inflicted....

...why is this so great? Well my theory behind it is a genetic one. DNA, even if it's mediocre, wants to ensure it's own survival. The existence of superior DNA is viewed as a threat to it. It turns out that when beautiful and talented people screw up, we can't but to believe that this helps our mediocre descendants get a chance to "eat more meat". In other words, evolution my ass.

The first chance to pounce on those more wealthy and successful than us....we take it and love it.

TR88
    TR88's Avatar Become A Pro!

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6898

i do get a chuckle every now and then... like when i saw a pic of a bald Britney Spears way back

NYSportsGuy210
    NYSportsGuy210's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 131

Hey Charlie Sheen was another prime example for a little time too.