brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Bears + 7 = Best Play in Football This Week

no doubt about it

going back to week 7 last season, the bears are 9-2 their last 11 games and they played a close game against the packers twice (in playoffs and week 17 when the game was irrelevant). I personally handicapped this line at a 1 or 2 point favorite for the saints and I can't believe they're 7 point favorites

I actually think the bears have a great chance to win straight up this week, but that 7 points is like an early christmas gift

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

They looked good in week 1
    They were game away from superbowl

Did anyone say underrated?

Tech N9ne
    Tech N9ne's Avatar Become A Pro!

The bears are not who you think they are
    You will go bust and disappear just like last time

ngates815
    Hooked Nose J
    ngates815's Avatar Become A Pro!

What did you personally handipcap the game at?

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Tech N9ne View Post
    The bears are not who you think they are

keep in the mind the bears defense always plays this team well too. Go back to 2006 NFC championship game when they dominated the saints...

This game will be decided by 3 points either way

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7708

Quote Originally Posted by brahmabull117 View Post
    keep in the mind the bears defense always plays this team well too. Go back to 2006 NFC championship game when they dominated the saints...

This game will be decided by 3 points either way

How is that relevant to this game? Completely different teams.

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Saints win, the question is by how much?

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    How is that relevant to this game? Completely different teams.
    same defensive scheme, same qb in the saints, some of the same players with the bears (urlacher, briggs)

I just think the cover 2 will work well against the saints as long as the bears can get pressure with just 4 guys (which they will)

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

Quote Originally Posted by ngates815 View Post
    What did you personally handipcap the game at?
    I had it NO -4. -7 surprised me.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

same defensive scheme, same qb in the saints, some of the same players with the bears (urlacher, briggs)

I just think the cover 2 will work well against the saints as long as the bears can get pressure with just 4 guys (which they will)
    NO is going to get their points. But I think the Bears will too. Just not impressed with Saints defense. Cutler has a lot of weapons now and they run Martz's offense so much better. Turnovers will be critical.

RGG
    RGG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I think I like the Bears here. Might as well for the value.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by d2bets View Post
    NO is going to get their points. But I think the Bears will too. Just not impressed with Saints defense. Cutler has a lot of weapons now and they run Martz's offense so much better. Turnovers will be critical.

Saints offense scored less points per game last year than falcons did and look how the bears manhandled that falcons offense

I realize that was a home game and this is a road game, but this is one of the best big money underdogs I have ever seen

acarmelo1
    The Panamanian Connection
    acarmelo1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1581

Maybe on a teaser with NE and the ravens

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Brahma + Brock = Bears mushed.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Grits n' Gravy, hubie69, and CBASS

jkilla990
    jkilla990's Avatar Become A Pro!

Saints cover this, Bears looked good because the Falcons played bad, I expect the saints to demolish the bears, no way they start the season 0-2

Love The Action
    Love The Action's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3454

Go with the under if you can get 48...dude, the books are BEGGING for Bears money this week. They are coming off a big win and have Green Bay the folowing week. Classic letdown spot. If you want to play the side, its saints or nothing. However, the better wager is the under wirh two solid defenses. Oh, and btw, my contacts in the chicago sports media tell me that a certain bears offensive lineman (lewis) is injured and will not be able to play. Bears will struggle on offense on sunday.....

Ninersnut
    Money talks and bullshit runs marathons
    Ninersnut's Avatar Become A Pro!

AdaBarber
    Guess who's back......
    AdaBarber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 137

I like the Bears here too! Line is down to 6.5. I hope it gets pushed back to 7 before I snatch this one up!

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Love The Action View Post
    Go with the under if you can get 48...dude, the books are BEGGING for Bears money this week. They are coming off a big win and have Green Bay the folowing week. Classic letdown spot. If you want to play the side, its saints or nothing. However, the better wager is the under wirh two solid defenses. Oh, and btw, my contacts in the chicago sports media tell me that a certain bears offensive lineman (lewis) is injured and will not be able to play. Bears will struggle on offense on sunday.....

I don't give a sht what the books are begging for, these are 2 evenly matched up teams. I'll take 7 points in that spot any day of the week

mstone897
    mstone897's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 534

You're comparing a 2006 playoff game to a week 2 game in 2011??? Then when trying to defend that comparison you name 3 players and a scheme being the same? Completely different teams now.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by mstone897 View Post
    You're comparing a 2006 playoff game to a week 2 game in 2011??? Then when trying to defend that comparison you name 3 players and a scheme being the same? Completely different teams now.

the bears run the same defensive scheme they have ran since lovi smith started here. I'm the biggest bears fan around and you don't really know what you're talking about

mstone897

the bears run the same defensive scheme they have ran since lovi smith started here. I'm the biggest bears fan around and you don't really know what you're talking about
    I never argued that they don't run the same scheme. But is that really good reasoning to use a game from 5 years ago? The Steelers have run the same scheme sense Dick Lebeau was there in the 90's but I'm not going to find a game they played then to compare it to.

acarmelo1
    The Panamanian Connection
    acarmelo1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1581

Bull just tease them up to 14 to be sure

letitride87
    letitride87's Avatar Become A Pro!

Giving sean payton and gregg williams 10 days to gameplan for their home opener after a disappointing loss is veryy dangerous.

On a neutral site you'd have to handicap this at saints -3 or 4 but add in 3 since it's in new orleans so the spread seems right to me. I wouldn't touch this game but slight lean to N.O.

Bob Loblaw
    Bob Loblaw's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2081

Quote Originally Posted by jkilla990 View Post
    Saints cover this, Bears looked good because the Falcons played bad, I expect the saints to demolish the bears, no way they start the season 0-2
    New year, same story. Week after week the Bears walk away with the W and someone always tries to find a way to downgrade it. Bears looked good because the Falcons played bad? Really? How about the Falcons played bad because the Bears kicked the living shit out of them all game long?

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by letitride87 View Post
    Giving sean payton and gregg williams 10 days to gameplan for their home opener after a disappointing loss is veryy dangerous. On a neutral site you'd have to handicap this at saints -3 or 4 but add in 3 since it's in new orleans so the spread seems right to me. I wouldn't touch this game but slight lean to N.O.

the bears were the better team last year and they've been the better team this year

how the fukk are the saints 3 point favorites on a neutral field?? are u kidding me??

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

you are losing credibility by not acknowledging the saints' talent bull.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post

when did I say the saints are a bad team??

they have plenty of talent on both sides of the ball but their offense will not be as good without Marques Colston and the bears cover 2 defense should be able to contain brees and his weapons

I just think a 7 point underdog for the #2 seed in the NFC that won by 17 points in game 1 is an autoplay

Mango
    Mango's Avatar Become A Pro!

Saints win but not sure if they cover... they have a tough game next week against Houston... no way they can afford to lose this game... if gun to my head I will take the Saints + the points

mstone897

I just think a 7 point underdog for the #2 seed in the NFC that won by 17 points in game 1 is an autoplay
    If you think being the #2 seed last year has anything to do with this year you are crazy. The Packers after all were a wildcard team.

Greyraptor
    Greyraptor's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by acarmelo1 View Post
    Maybe on a teaser with NE and the ravens
    I agree with you. I don't trust the Saint's defense or Jay Cutler without getting some extra points on a Teaser. Either way, while there is some value with taking the Bears, this is NOT the "best" play in football at this time this week.

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

bears was one of my best plays last week, and i think they are going to have a very good season, but... The lines talk to me, and this says saints by DD. Had more time to prepare and its their home opener.

Saints 30-17
    Last edited by Louisvillekid1; 09-13-11 at 03:32 PM.

brahmabull117

Quote Originally Posted by mstone897 View Post
    If you think being the #2 seed last year has anything to do with this year you are crazy. The Packers after all were a wildcard team.

the bottom line is that the bears were the most impressive team in football last week and they finished 8 - 2 last 10 games of the season last year

I'll take 7 points in this scenario any day. I think this will be a very very close game and the bears have a great chance of winning

chantrain
    chantrain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Bears are nothing but BETTER since last year. Defense is as good as ever, the Martz system is clicking. This game is entirely on the D line and the O line. If the D line can pressure Brees and get a few take aways then the Bears will win. If the O line can hold up then the Bears will put up points.

Bears +7 is a gift imo, these two teams are not so different in terms of talent level.

ShogunRua
    Update Status
    ShogunRua's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by jarvol View Post
    Brahma + Brock = Bears mushed.
    win.

Quote Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
    no he's not. he already lost all his credibility in other threads.

1234 ... Last