Pat McCrotch
    Update your status
    Pat McCrotch's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Gamling Ban in the USA

I am from the UK and I think any Americans should be allowed to bet if they want but there is a big problem with online gambling especially exchanges.

since BetFair allowed you to lay selections (put a bet on something to lose) there has been many people convicted of deliberately allowing there
    horses and greyhounds to lose.

The exact same thing would happen in the Usa so I think exchanges should deffo be banned in the Usa,

Betfair has allowed certain sports to become corrupt and the last thing the yanks want is the nba, mlb etc... to become fixed.(alot of the thick idiots on here already say these leagues are fixed)

Is it the us government that want the ban or is it the leagues that are dead against it?

Only looking for the decent sbr posters to reply not the total morons!

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

Quote Originally Posted by Pat McCrotch View Post
    I am from the UK and I think any Americans should be allowed to bet if they want but there is a big problem with online gambling especially exchanges.

since betfair allowed you to lay selections (put a bet on something to lose) there has been many people convicted of deliberately allowing there

The exact same thing would happen in the Usa so I think exchanges should deffo be banned in the Usa,

Betfair has allowed certain sports to become corrupt and the last thing the yanks want is the nba, mlb etc... to become fixed.(alot of the thick idiots on here already say these leagues are fixed)

Is it the us government that want the ban or is it the leagues that are dead against it?

Only looking for the decent sbr posters to reply not the total morons!
    I tried to translate your post using http://babelfish.yahoo.com/

I looked through the language translation options and did not see one for moron to any language I or other users may speak.

Phrases that you typed like "deffo be banned" has increased my chance of aneurysm..thank you for the pointless thread and decreasing not only the length of my life but its quality.

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by mighty maron View Post
    I tried to translate your post using http://babelfish.yahoo.com/ I looked through the language translation options and did not see one for moron to any language I or other users may speak. Phrases that you typed like "deffo be banned" has increased my chance of aneurysm..thank you for the pointless thread and decreasing not only the length of my life but its quality.
    Take me off your ignore list you fukk. Thats quality posting right there

Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5626

The leagues themselves ( especially the NFL) publicly take the anti-gambling stance because they posture that it could corrupt the league(s) and have a negative influence. However, behind closed doors they realize that betting on football increases the demand for their product which manifests in higher tv ratings, etc... It's hypocrisy at it's finest.

The US government has a prohibition era mentality about sports gambling which, let's face it, has always had a shadowy stigma associated to it and no politician would ever run on a platform to legalize sports gambling. The truth be told, most people could care less about sports gambling either way but the bible belters would rise up and express their outrage if it were ever to come to the fore while most other's could care less. Therefore, we have a general malaise about it so it won't be legal anytime soon. Plus, the states say it would negatively impact their lottery sales so it's essentially a non-starter.

However, impetus for online poker will get passed because it's much more mainstream and more people want to do it. The pols realize it's a revenue source by taxing it and there's not the same stigma attached to it as sports gambling. That's all from me.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: SportsMushroom

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Swinging Johnson View Post
    The leagues themselves ( especially the NFL) publicly take the anti-gambling stance because they posture that it could corrupt the league(s) and have a negative influence. However, behind closed doors they realize that betting on football increases the demand for their product which manifests in higher tv ratings, etc... It's hypocrisy at it's finest. The US government has a prohibition era mentality about sports gambling which, let's face it, has always had a shadowy stigma associated to it and no politician would ever run on a platform to legalize sports gambling. The truth be told, most people could care less about sports gambling either way but the bible belters would rise up and express their outrage if it were ever to come to the fore while most other's could care less. Therefore, we have a general malaise about it so it won't be legal anytime soon. Plus, the states say it would negatively impact their lottery sales so it's essentially a non-starter. However, impetus for online poker will get passed because it's much more mainstream and more people want to do it. The pols realize it's a revenue source by taxing it and there's not the same stigma attached to it as sports gambling. That's all from me.
    SJ
    Good stuff per usual from you guy. Who are we on today pal?

Swinging Johnson
    Swinging Johnson's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5626

Thanks Cappy I like the Jags as fairly big dogs, Bills and Cowboys. I think the total in the Pats/SD game will go over as well. Good luck today!

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

Quote Originally Posted by Pat McCrotch View Post

since BetFair allowed you to lay selections (put a bet on something to lose) there has been many people convicted of deliberately allowing there

in any sport or competition (with two competing sides) you can already bet a team to lose on any book. its called betting the other team.