Cinquefoil
    Cinquefoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 59

Question about Bodog grading

I bet "Phillies under 97 wins (-130)" at Bodog before the season. Obviously this bet is going to lose (they're 97-52 right now). However, two days ago Bodog graded the wager as "push," and credited the amount bet back into my account. I contacted them to let them know of the error (because I don't want to re-bet funds I shouldn't have), and got this response:
    "In regard to your query, we need to inform you that your bet Reference Number XXXXXXXX listed below, has been graded as 'No Action' since Philadelphia must have played at least 162 games for this bet to be valid.

Placed Single #XXXXXXXXX (Placed by Web)
    Baseball - MLB Team Props (Prop) Total
    Philadelphia Phillies - Total Regular Season Wins in 2011
    (6201/6202) Under 97 (-130), Wed@11:00p
    Must play 162 games for action unless outcome has been determined"

Am I missing something here? I know it's weird to be asking how to give a book its money back, but I definitely should lose this bet (as opposed to no action or a push). Thanks for any help you can offer.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Contact them again and point it out, they would likely even give you a freeplay.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Did they have a game rained out that will not be made up since they already clinched? That would mean less than 162 games.

Cinquefoil
    Cinquefoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 59

The schedule has them tabbed for 162, and even if they hadn't, the wager specifies "must play 162 games for action unless outcome has been determined" (in this case it has). Should I just email them again saying, essentially, "I think you were wrong the first time, so could you just check again."?

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

You're right, their only pending postponement will be made up Tuesday vs. Washington via a doubleheader.