Donnie Brasco
    Donnie Brasco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1150

Learning to handicap

Hey guys, not new to gambling but new to handicapping. All the information seems so overwhelming to look at. Any suggestions for a place to start, a book to read, how handicapping is done? I realize this is a broad question but i would love to learn, and not have to tail or bet by feel. Thanks for ur input!

Cap dat 4ss
    okst. -13.5
    Cap dat 4ss's Avatar Become A Pro!

This type of question would be better served on a gambling forum or a sports betting forum. But good luck finding what you're looking for

milwaukee mike
    milwaukee mike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7585

lots of ways to skin a cat.
    the best and ONLY 100% successful long-term strategy is to stick large amounts of money in quality books, get bonuses, and bet against yourself (primarily on baseball where the juice can be almost zero).

also, come to places like this with free points/contests/etc where you can't lose.

but if you want to waste tons of time handicapping and still end up breaking even, suit yourself.

sneakerhead
    I NEED MONEY
    sneakerhead's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1417

Read Justin7's book(Conquering Risk). If you are just starting and have no clue, you will learn some basic stuff in there to get you going.

mrmarket
    Update your status
    mrmarket's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Cap dat 4ss View Post
    This type of question would be better served on a gambling forum or a sports betting forum. But good luck finding what you're looking for
    There are some gems in this sea of shit if you know where/who to look for.

OP search SBR forums/archives for posts by Ganchrow to start off with. There are some decent books out there like Sharp Sports Betting, Weighing the odds in Sports Betting, Fixed odds sports betting. Pick out one of those after ganch and go from there.

My advice would be to not waste any time capping major market sports like NFL,NBA,MLB as a beginner and concentrate on smaller markets/props. That and line shopping+steam chasing should get you better off than 99% on the forum.

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

study line history

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

teamrankings.com