SBRPicks
    SBRPicks's Avatar Become A Pro!

College Football Week 2 SBRtv Expert Previews with John Ryan

John Ryan previews 6 of the top college football games and lines from Week 2.

Alabama - Penn St

Mississippi St - Auburn

California - Colorado

Notre Dame - Michigan

TCU - Air Force

Oregon St - Wisconsin

mik5058
    mik5058's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4654

Those trends he cites are ridiculous.
    Last edited by mik5058; 09-08-11 at 05:58 PM.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

His use of systems claiming 72%, 85%, etc undermines his credibility. Milking a database to produce these numbers by adding variables only describes what HAS happened, and claiming that these systems will win at the same rates moving forward is not honest.

Listening to him talk, it's clear that he has a solid knowledge base on the game and the individual teams, but a very poor understanding of statistics and the concept of data mining.

homosayswhat
    homosayswhat's Avatar Become A Pro!

this is hard to watch...is this for real ?

PhillyeagleIrish
    PhillyeagleIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Where does he get these systems from???

texhooper
    texhooper's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7894

yeah, i thought this was awful. trends seem to be the norm for these kinds of discussions. last year dr. bob would say the same kind of shit. the guy from ras was decent, and justin7 never really gave any insight. i enjoyed hearing what the panel had to say for a few weeks, but quickly ignored it because what they were saying overall was outdated and didn't work.

i appreciate the effort in trying to get some real discussion going about these games, but this kind of shit is pretty ridiculous.

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

I want to hang out with John Ryan and do massive amounts of blow.

Name:  John Ryan 1.JPG
Views: 435
Size:  14.4 KB

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Bait View Post
    I want to hang out with John Ryan and do massive amounts of blow.

Name:  John Ryan 1.JPG
Views: 435
Size:  14.4 KB
    when he's coked up the trends that come out of him would blow your fukin mind pal

i dont know if you are psychologically ready to be exposed to that kind of higher knowledge

CarpeDime
    CarpeDime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1005

Quote Originally Posted by texhooper View Post
    yeah, i thought this was awful. trends seem to be the norm for these kinds of discussions. last year dr. bob would say the same kind of shit. the guy from ras was decent, and justin7 never really gave any insight. i enjoyed hearing what the panel had to say for a few weeks, but quickly ignored it because what they were saying overall was outdated and didn't work.

i appreciate the effort in trying to get some real discussion going about these games, but this kind of shit is pretty ridiculous.

In their defense, the roundtable guys are always wary about giving away too much valuable info for free, and also in their defense, their won/loss record last year on these shows was great

zach from accuscore and scott kellen were remarkably accurate most of the time, and the opinions of Dr Bob and RAS are pretty widely accepted to be legitimately sharp and well-informed

Kellen nailed the Thursday night NFL game spot on

Justin7 openly admits that all of his betting is based purely on math and stats, so if he was going to give his true opinions on games, they would always be just "my model says this line should be X, my model says that line should be Y" but nevertheless when he comes on these shows he does try to find tangible insights that are implied by his stat models that would be interesting to a wider audience

Still, do please post any suggestions on what you'd like to be hearing more of from these guys

Cougar Bait
    2010 Poster of the Year
    Cougar Bait's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3289

Quote Originally Posted by CarpeDime View Post

when he's coked up the trends that come out of him would blow your fukin mind pal

i dont know if you are psychologically ready to be exposed to that kind of higher knowledge
    John Ryan: On Saturday's when it is after 6 pm but before 10 pm and I have done no less than 6 lines of blow but no more than 10 lines I am 6-3 ATS when the moon is more than first quarter but less than waning crescent.

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8792

Quote Originally Posted by Cougar Bait View Post
    John Ryan: On Saturday's when it is after 6 pm but before 10 pm and I have done no less than 6 lines of blow but no more than 10 lines I am 6-3 ATS when the moon is more than first quarter but less than waning crescent.

ChuckyTheGoat
    ChuckyTheGoat's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24923

Funny stuff. GL, boys.