dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 392

Do you own a kindle?

just ordered my first from Amazon. Opted for the $114 model and will put up with the ads. Can't wait to get it. Any comments?

BettingGeek
    SBR PRO
    BettingGeek's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by dante1 View Post
    just ordered my first from Amazon. Opted for the $114 model and will put up with the ads. Can't wait to get it. Any comments?
    Great device.

PM me the ads code if you have no plan of using it. TIA

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by BettingGeek View Post
    Great device.

PM me the ads code if you have no plan of using it. TIA

They are that good? Hmmm, I am glad I got that type. I was thinking it would be a little pain in the ass. Is it okay for me to do that? I will probably use any code that gives a discount on books or periodicals. Okay I will.

If I forget pm me in about two weeks.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273623

if you like to read its just a must have fantastic devise... bargain..its electronic paper so no annoying back light display, that makes batteries last 20 days easy and you can read it in the sunlight..to read at night you just need a fun $12 booklight they make many types of those in stores ebay etc...an amazing device. my favorite electronic new invention EASILY....

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47539

I prefer books..call me old fashioned

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    I prefer books..call me old fashioned

Well I am no kid so we will see after two or three months. I want to revisit some books I read when I was young and don't want to purchase them. So after a few of those it pays for the device since I believe many books are free.

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273623

what is most amazing is the way these things are but togethe and disigned by kindle, this is not at all some stupid IPHONE, PAD etc. etc..

With this devise the feel of the words on the page and what the authors try to do in a book is maintained on a Kindle..its not turning pages but it feels like you are reading a book, you cozy up, you go page by page, you feel like your relaxed reading..but you have many many books on your machine, and magazines..you will love it...

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
    what is most amazing is the way these things are but togethe and disigned by kindle, this is not at all some stupid IPHONE, PAD etc. etc..

With this devise the feel of the words on the page and what the authors try to do in a book is maintained on a Kindle..its not turning pages but it feels like you are reading a book, you cozy up, you go page by page, you feel like your relaxed reading..but you have many many books on your machine, and magazines..you will love it...

Thanks try

I believe I will too, appreciate the input. Going to reread some of the classics.

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

i have dx

dante1
    dante1's Avatar SBR PRO

guys this is going to automatically recognize my wireless, is that correct?

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

I have the kindle wifi version and love it

fishmonger
    Very sharp square
    fishmonger's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246

HP touchpad went on sale couple days ago and it has the kindle app on it. I got mine for $99. Hard to find now. I got mine a few hours after they went on sale and it was the last one.

INVEGA MAN
    INVEGA MAN's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11830

I got the wifi and love it. Books on kindle are so much cheaper. It is so much better than a book. No straining of the eyes. Get the book "portrait of a monster" its the natalee holloway mystery. Also get the the book "unbroken". Two books you wont be able to put down. Good luck and enjoy