Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

IMPORTANT BASH NOTICE: Communicating with SBR and Posters while in CR

I was speaking to Opie and Blitty and it became apparent that once we arrive in CR it will be both costly and perhaps impossible to communicate with each other.

My plan is to communicate through PM and email once I arrive. I am not expecting everyone to share their details but use this thread to share whatever you want.

I will be arriving Thursday at 12:30 and I will be staying at the Marriott. My email is ****************** at gmail

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

I am arriving thursday at 11:30. e mail to use is acidjoe at mindless dot com. I will be heading to the Marriott that the bash is held at on Thursday.

Extra Innings

Quote Originally Posted by 20Four7 View Post
    I am arriving thursday at 11:30. e mail to use is acidjoe at mindless dot com. I will be heading to the Marriott that the bash is held at on Thursday.

big joe 1212
    big joe 1212's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5365

I will be in the steam room waiting for everyone so we can spindle.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: aggieshawn

Brock Landers
    Forever in Debt to your Priceless Advice
    Brock Landers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8798

if you make a video while down there, give me a shout out pal

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

************** @ gmail

Arriving 1140am Wednesday

Staying at sportsmen lodge wed and thurs

Extra Innings

Quote Originally Posted by big joe 1212 View Post
    I will be in the steam room waiting for everyone so we can spindle.
    I look forward to meating you

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Innings View Post
    I look forward to meating you

Extra Innings

blittydeuce
    blittydeuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1758

I think I'm getting in around the same time as you, AJ. Let's try to grab a beer!

Extra Innings

Message to the big timers staying at the Marriott....internet is $12.50 a day....not that we would care.

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

For Marriott stayers, we could try a time, say 7:30pm at the Lobby bar? Just an idea for a starting point for Thursday night?

Extra Innings

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post
    For Marriott stayers, we could try a time, say 7:30pm at the Lobby bar? Just an idea for a starting point for Thursday night?
    Yes, I am going to link up with Opie around 2 and then we'll stop by just to say hello...hopefully more people will check into this thread....but your lobby bar idea sounds great

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

i arrive around 3 am

trigger will be in my luggage, he does not have a passport so we had to resort to this

Extra Innings

I was speaking to Opie and Blitty and it became apparent that once we arrive in CR it will be both costly and perhaps impossible to communicate with each other.

My plan is to communicate through PM and email once I arrive. I am not expecting everyone to share their details but use this thread to share whatever you want.

I will be arriving Thursday at 12:30 and I will be staying at the Marriott. My email is extrainnings at gmail

Boy, I really got my head up my ass....I'll be coming in on Wednesday...good thing I check the tickets

bobbyfk
    Las Vegas Local
    bobbyfk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1512

will not be there

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

Boy, I really got my head up my ass....I'll be coming in on Wednesday...good thing I check the tickets

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90422

Well at least it's yours and not somebody else's

chilidog
    chilidog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

Yah, so why not just buy a prepaid SIM card for your cell phone at the airport upon arrival? they're cheap as can be.

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90422

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post
    Yah, so why not just buy a prepaid SIM card for your cell phone at the airport upon arrival? they're cheap as can be.
    Sounds like the best way to go.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Extra Innings is much brighter than Trigger

Well prepared and thought out

305GURU
    305GURU's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BIGDAY View Post

Extra Innings

Quote Originally Posted by chilidog View Post

Mobile phone service in Costa Rica is provided by Grupo I.C.E. [11] using GSM technology at 1800 MHz and 3G operating at 850MHz (this is not a standard 3G frequency in many countries - if you want to use 3G make sure your phone has that capability). Roaming is possible with a GSM handset but can be expensive. Several US companies including Intouch Smartcards offer discount global roaming SIMs for Costa Rica that can provide service in Costa Rica at reasonable rates. Note that the GSM phone systems in the United States and Canada use different frequencies and that travelers from there will need a "world" handset. You should check with your provider beforehand. Prepaid Sim cards are now available in Costa Rica, at the ICE kiosk in the arrivals area at the airport and from ICE offices in Costa Rica. Prepaid SIM cards expire in 30 days.

http://wikitravel.org/en/Costa_Rica#b

Junkyard Dog
    Get up and Get it
    Junkyard Dog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1923

7:30 on thursday sounds like a plan fellas.....**************@gmail.com

Extra Innings

Mobile phone service in Costa Rica is provided by Grupo I.C.E. [11] using GSM technology at 1800 MHz and 3G operating at 850MHz (this is not a standard 3G frequency in many countries - if you want to use 3G make sure your phone has that capability). Roaming is possible with a GSM handset but can be expensive. Several US companies including Intouch Smartcards offer discount global roaming SIMs for Costa Rica that can provide service in Costa Rica at reasonable rates. Note that the GSM phone systems in the United States and Canada use different frequencies and that travelers from there will need a "world" handset. You should check with your provider beforehand. Prepaid Sim cards are now available in Costa Rica, at the ICE kiosk in the arrivals area at the airport and from ICE offices in Costa Rica. Prepaid SIM cards expire in 30 days.

http://wikitravel.org/en/Costa_Rica#b
    I am reading that foreigners cannot buy prepaid sims in Costa Rica

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntre...readID=1803949

chilidog

I am reading that foreigners cannot buy prepaid sims in Costa Rica

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/thorntre...readID=1803949
    Old thread. Anybody can buy a prepaid SIM. What they're referring to is getting a regular cell phone account. For that, you either need to be a local or have a corporation open up the account for you.

chilidog

dupe post

tanner40
    tanner40's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8060

Quote Originally Posted by Junkyard Dog View Post
    7:30 on thursday sounds like a plan fellas.....jydsbr@gmail.com
    count me in too

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO

boys! Sounds like a plan. We'll see ya around 7:30 next Thursday at the Marriott bar.

harlee71
    harlee71's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 197

Will be there at 11:40am on same flight as Iwin and Mug.

Iphone is jailbroke and unlocked so I can just purchase the SIM card when I get there.

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!

Why meet at the merriott Thursday? Arent all the bars, clubs, ect (fun) by the SL lodge? I know the del ray is close to the SL

Extra Innings

Quote Originally Posted by Iwinyourmoney View Post
    Why meet at the merriott Thursday? Arent all the bars, clubs, ect (fun) by the SL lodge? I know the del ray is close to the SL
    The last fuckin' thing I want to do is be locked down with you and Mug at a buffet and though BIGDAY has expressed his wife is "cool", the DelRay is the Delray...you go their to drink and ****.

I'd like the Marriott people to meet at the bar @ 7:30, again I plan on getting in contact with everyone as they arrive.

In terms of "The Lodge", I definitely want to get down there Wednesday with Opie and whomever else wants to join. At that point we can chat about what everyone wants to do and if they even want to go the DelRay...I personally am not in the mood for a 20 person gang bang, attracts too much attention IMO. The best approach is for Group A to say, we'll be here....group B, we'll be here....etc. therefore no one is obligated to hang out with losers.

I am probably going to limit my exposure to anything like the DelRay or any club in the surrounding area unless I am with someone who knows the area or someone I trust...the last time was with Blackie and Loshak...I can deal with that because they knew the deal though at times I think Loshak was more clueless than me (probably the hynotics)

caio

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

The last fuckin' thing I want to do is be locked down with you and Mug at a buffet and though BIGDAY has expressed his wife is "cool", the DelRay is the Delray...you go their to drink and ****.
    I'd like the Marriott people to meet at the bar @ 7:30, again I plan on getting in contact with everyone as they arrive.
    In terms of "The Lodge", I definitely want to get down there Wednesday with Opie and whomever else wants to join. At that point we can chat about what everyone wants to do and if they even want to go the DelRay...I personally am not in the mood for a 20 person gang bang, attracts too much attention IMO. The best approach is for Group A to say, we'll be here....group B, we'll be here....etc. therefore no one is obligated to hang out with losers.
    I am probably going to limit my exposure to anything like the DelRay or any club in the surrounding area unless I am with someone who knows the area or someone I trust...the last time was with Blackie and Loshak...I can deal with that because they knew the deal though at times I think Loshak was more clueless than me (probably the hynotics)
    caio
    Fukkin' A.

EI & I don't chase whores....

Whores chase us.

We'll definitely be seeing all the sights and sounds of CR, most likely each a number of times!

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

20Four7
    Timmy T = Failure
    20Four7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4120

Quote Originally Posted by blittydeuce View Post
    I think I'm getting in around the same time as you, AJ. Let's try to grab a beer!
    Great, Mellissa will be with me are you heading to the Marriott? Preferable to check in then head out for beers in my opinion.

Extra Innings

Great, Mellissa will be with me are you heading to the Marriott? Preferable to check in then head out for beers in my opinion.
    This is the guy you want to be around....life of the party the last couple Bashes and he is staying at the Marriott

123 Last