will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!
    will2survive's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

Draftstreet or Fan Duel? Which is better?

I've only played Draftstreet and from the appearance of both, it looks better. However, Fan Duel seems to give more opportunities to the fantasy-action player. The only thing that I don't like about Fan Duel is the appearance.

Draftstreet seems easier to navigate.

Anyone that plays....what site do you like better?

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Draftstreet but both do the same thing

I still do not know what type of market there is for multiple sites like this.

With websites and software it's all a matter of preference.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

thanks JJ!---I saw Fan Duel had early game options and head to head options. I'll just test them both out. I still like Draftstreet regardless

70kgman
    70kgman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1895

Draftstreet seems to be the superior choice to me. Better options, features, and easier to navigate. The only thing I do not like about draftstreet is a lot of their rules and add ons take away most of the edge from the "sharp" player who is willing to spend more time and effort to find and exploit subtle ways to get an edge over an opponent.

It is also way too hard to find value players because DS' software is too advanced and overly compensates for recent play and match-ups. There could be a player hitting .190 on the year, but if he has been hot over the last week and facing a pitcher he matches up well against, they will price him at like $8000 that day. It would be better if they let the market determine a players price, and have the prices constantly moving. That is how the other fantasy site I use operates, more strategy involved that way, you can lock in a players cap hit early before it moves, or wait until their price gets better, ect...
    Last edited by 70kgman; 08-05-11 at 01:38 PM.

Glitch
    Glitch's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5224

i like draftstreet better so far but the 4-pitcher thing kills me sometimes. im better at selecting successful hitters. fanduel you only get 1 pitcher.

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32341

Draftstreet, then SportsGeek, then FanDuel, in that order.

will2survive
    STAY IN YO LANE!

Draftstreet places more emphasis on strikeouts than overall efficiency. (hits given up, run, wins, losses). I wish they tweaked that .It's like we're looking for the best strikeout pitcher more than the best pitcher overall

Glitch

yeah someone hits a tripple on you- -.25, someone whiffs for their 3rd strike at somethin way off the plate- +1.0

tripleblack1705
    tripleblack1705's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 938

Draftstreet by far is better to me, though as others have said the pitching can be tweaked a little but otherwise awesome site. Check it out.

http://www.draftstreet.com/register.aspx?r=BortCrimple5

Glitch

pretty sure we're not allowed to post affiliate/referral links on this site trip. sbr uses theres on this site and thats why they can afford to give us all this free stuff.