Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15319

Financial Advisors are no different than touts

Listening to that idiot from the money store talking about how he can help you meet all your financial goals. The clown is talking as if 2008 never existed at all. Will only talk about how clients are up this year.

When the market was dropping 1000 a day all we heard was that you were in it for the long hall and now three years later the losses in that year have not been close to being made up for.

Here we are in a major depression where having access to cash is very important and he want's you to put it somewhere where you can't touch it without penalty for several decades.

Throw in the ridiculous fee's and commissions and you losses are even more.

Only want to talk about the good and never address any of the realities like you getting shit canned from your job, your car blowing up or some other major catastrophe where you need cash.

No wonder Americans are up to their eyeballs in debt when they let these guys fleece them over and over again.

jarvol
    jarvol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3670

Watch CNBC and fade the touts they trot out on the air.

Maxmillion
    Maxmillion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4400

yeah i know its funny because just like cappers there are more bad ones than good ones wanting to fleece you out of your cash. I am no financial wizard but I do fine with the little that I have to invest and I would say with a little research and common sense you should never need an advisor....only if you need him/her to move your money to what you tell them to do.