Pharieswheel
    Pharieswheel's Avatar Become A Pro!

angels getting Prince Fielder?

Oh! how I wish, but reality is maybe not in a trade before the end of the year, but as a free agent next year, I'd lick my chops.

Ice House
    Ice House's Avatar Become A Pro!

that is the problem with the Brewers they are a bunch of selfish greedy mother fuckers... ryan braun and Prince fielder will both be out of there soon.

Ice House

what I mean is that is the problem with a fan starting to like the Brewers... I mean I look at the team and they are very fun team to watch only problem is I don't want to start being a Brewers fan and at the end of the season all there players sign with another team. Kind of like when CC Sabbathia was a Brewer. I think if Prince was going to stay a Brewer he would have re-signed by now.

If the Brewers were smart they would trade Prince before the deadline for good young pitchers.... atleast that way they will get something for him.

How about Prince Fielder to the Mariners for Bedard and Beaven and a player to be named.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Fielder's agent is Scott Boras, he never resigns with the club, he always waits in till free agency the player has more leverage. It doesn't matter who it is, or where they are playing.

At some point, you got to stop building for the future, and you got to play to win now. Which is exactly what our General Manager Doug Mevlin has done. He has put us in the best position to contend for a title since 25+ years plus.

Ice House

I hear ya on that one. It just sucks when you have a player like prince fielder and he signs somewhere else and you get nothing for him at the end of the year.

But there is no time like the present. GL Brewers fans but yall need to sign another good starting pitcher if you want to win the world series. Preferably a good lefty starter... are there any good lefty starters available?

To beat the Phillies you need a lefty

Ice House

and I don't think Wolf and Narvelson are the answer

doylfish
    doylfish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9805

Quote Originally Posted by Ice House View Post
    that is the problem with the Brewers they are a bunch of selfish greedy mother fuckers... ryan braun and Prince fielder will both be out of there soon.
    yeah not likely, and i'm not even a brewers fan, but they will at least fight to keep around fielder as they are definitely on the up and up as contenders. depends on what boras wants to do and if he can dupe some dumb owner into overpaying, but as for braun, he's signed through 2020 for something like $150 million total so he's not going anywhere.

unusialsusp5
    unusialsusp5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3601

why would you want a free agent who will eat himself out of the league within 3 years. slower than molasses to boot. better off rejuvenating milton bradley than this fat stiff...

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

He is only trying this year because contract is up.

He is great but high risk

DRZ
    Update your status
    DRZ's Avatar Become A Pro!

i see prince saying. especially if the brewers can make a push for the playoffs this year

Ice House

Yeah he is better suited for the American League that is for sure. If I was a MLB owner I would pay him top dollar but a 3 year contract max. If he thinks he is getting a 7 year contract he is out of his ******* mind.

Same goes for Puhols i doubt anyone is going to give him 7-8 year deal for 25 million a season

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

mo vaughn 2.

doylfish

Quote Originally Posted by unusialsusp5 View Post
    why would you want a free agent who will eat himself out of the league within 3 years. slower than molasses to boot. better off rejuvenating milton bradley than this fat stiff...
    because the guy is in an elite club of being able to hit 50 homers in a season. his dad was so big he was nicknamed 'big daddy', and i think he had a pretty good career don't you? power is going by the wayside so anyone who has prince's HR potential will make dollars, don't you think Bautista wishes he could be a free agent right now? the guy would get like $25 mil per year easy. Some AL team will pay to have him play first base as long as he can and then shift him to DH. If any of these GMs are smart they'll build in a weight incentive clause as well.

the only thing that will hurt boras and prince is that the red sox and yanks won't be in on the bidding to drive up the price

pinnerpsk
    pinnerpsk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 439

Why would the Angels want Fielder? We have Kendrys coming back next year and Trumbo is hitting bombs left and right. Also have Cron in the minors.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

For the most part the Angels build within, by having a strong farm system. With Kendry comin back next year, and Trumbo showing massive power overpaying for another bat would not be practical.

neverstoppers23
    neverstoppers23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41

Quote Originally Posted by doylfish View Post
    yeah not likely, and i'm not even a brewers fan, but they will at least fight to keep around fielder as they are definitely on the up and up as contenders. depends on what boras wants to do and if he can dupe some dumb owner into overpaying, but as for braun, he's signed through 2020 for something like $150 million total so he's not going anywhere.

Yes sir, Braun wanetd to stay with the Brewers for life.
    I wouldn't be shocked if Fielder stayed with the Brewers, it matters how much more he gets offerd from other teams. I believe they have offered him a 20+ mil a year contract.
    How much more can he get 25 mil?. Unless some one goes crazy an offers him something like 9 years.
    He has basically came up with everyone in Milwaukee, he has known Rickie Weeks since he was young, one of his good friends. Weeks has already resigned with the brewers for the next few years.

But I don't fault Fielder leaving for more money. How can you. He has already given our team so much the past 7 years.

clonecat
    clonecat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

With your logic, you should never be a fan of a small market team.

mebaran
    Con los terroristas
    mebaran's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 330

Quote Originally Posted by neverstoppers23 View Post
    Fielder's agent is Scott Boras, he never resigns with the club, he always waits in till free agency the player has more leverage. It doesn't matter who it is, or where they are playing.
    ^ This.

As more and more time passes, the Cubs keep looking like a better and better place he'll end up. Most mid market AL teams are in play too since he can go DH as well.

doylfish

not it will really depend, brewers going for broke this year, just traded for K-Rod. if they allow his $17.5 mil option to vest for next year which he's well on track to do i don't think they will re-sign prince unless they are willing to increase payroll a whole heck of a ton

jcubs55
    Jon Bones Jones -185
    jcubs55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

I really want this guy on the Cubs... rather have him than Pujols. With over $60 million coming off our payroll after this season, we should be able to make a play for him if he does hit the market

LGHT
    LGHT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

Yanks, are going to let go of posada, and jones and bring him in as a DH. One of the reasons they are not going to win the division this year, is because of struggling old farts like Posada, who can't admit their time has passed. If George was around I don't think he would allow Posada, to black mail the team to get the sympathy spot of DH when it hurts the team!

cadillac pete
    cadillac pete's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6636

They might as well get the prospects from a willing team that wants him as opposed to getting nothing when he walks in free agency.

timmyboy34243
    eaglesphan
    timmyboy34243's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17420

milwaukee just got K Rod, why in the world would they turn Fielder loose???

Mammon
    Mammon's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    mo vaughn 2.

I was thinking the same thing.

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

I think he'll join the Cubs.

Ice House

I could see him ending up in a White Sox uniform as a DH. maybe the Brewers trade Prince Fielder to the White Sox for Adam Dunn, Gavin Floyd and a prospect.

dg84
    dg84's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 481

Most of this thread is ridiculous. The Brewers are tied for 1st place, just traded for K-rod, traded for Greinke with his 12.5 million a year contract in the offseason & have Braun locked up long term. This is not a team that's even considering trading Fielder now inspite of the fact they will lose him next year. It's also pretty much a done deal & has been for some time that Fielder will not resign with the Brewers. The Brewers made that decision when they signed Braun. Even though Milwaukee has been agressive trying to remain a contender the past few years, the fact remains that they are a small market team & can't spend like the Yanks, Red Sox, Angels ect...

They need Greinke to start pitching like he's capable &/or Gallardo to become more consistent. If those two would have pitched well in the first half the Brewers would be up by 4 or 5 games right now. What kind of message would it send to the fans if they traded Fielder while tied for first place, especially when the team has room for improvement. Not to mention they average over 35,000 a game so they can't say the fans don't care. Zero chance Fielder is traded unless the Brewers go 1-13 the first two weeks after the break & fall 7 or 8 games behind the Cards.

doylfish

Quote Originally Posted by Ice House View Post
    I could see him ending up in a White Sox uniform as a DH. maybe the Brewers trade Prince Fielder to the White Sox for Adam Dunn, Gavin Floyd and a prospect.
    if the brewers aren't going to be able to afford fielder (which remains to be seen with how big of a run they can make into the playoffs this year) then there's no way they would do that deal to take on dunn's bloated ass contract. at least fielder would be worth most of the money they would have to pay, dunn isn't worth crap right now..$14mil/per yr x3 more years

vyomguy
    vyomguy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

giants have any chance of landing fielder, pujols, beltran or reyes?

Ice House

i know i was jk... Milwaukee would go crazy just like Cleveland did when King James left.

Adam Dunn to replace Prince Fielder.... that wouldn't go over very well.

jhack704
    jhack704's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1443

im still holding out hope that milw resigns him. if he wants to be greedy and go for money then the cubs, orioles or nationals, if he wants to win he will stay, angels or atl or stl if albert leaves, our owner is spending his own money and is trying very hard to win it this year, then who cares if prince leaves just dont go to the fa\*\*ot cubs. too bad we dont have him for next yr, we would be stacked. hope fn casey and Y.B. stop fn around

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Pharieswheel View Post
    Oh! how I wish, but reality is maybe not in a trade before the end of the year, but as a free agent next year, I'd lick my chops.
    Mike Scioscia and Fielder

on the same team

I don't think so

I/O
    I/O's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think it's highly unlikely this new Cubs ownership will be interested in getting tied up in a big long term contract while they are still completely bogged down with a few well after this year. Word is, possible new gm coming also. They may move Garza, Marmol, and Pena, but they will still make a couple big signings. Nothing like whatever Fielder ends up pulling in.

samgurt
    samgurt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Fielder to the rockies after helton retires

headhunter34
    headhunter34's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 559

i could see the prince ending up in la next season. morales may never be the same after missing 2 years due to injury and you can always put one at dh

12 Last