iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

Shortstop

They're done bud, didn't take long either

After starting out 4-2 and taking their first two series, they have now dropped 4 straight and 5 of their last 6. They given up 32 runs over their last 6 while only putting up 15 runs during those 6 games, diffence of (17) runs.

My biggest fear was when this young club dropped 2 in a row how they would respond, guess we have our answer.

Heading to Cincy now and I don't see things getting any better.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Do you think they're better off away from the pressures of home, ICE?

McCutchen needs to take that next step forward and start playing up to his potential. And Alvarez is on pace to strike out about 200 times.

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25
    Shortstop's Avatar Become A Pro!

Miners, I'm not ready to throw in the towel quite yet. I like this team and it's still very early.

However, my concern is that I felt that their offense would click this year and be their strong suit. This isn't happening...yet.

This series in Cincy over the weekend will be a real test for the young and battling Buccos.

I really hope they take 2 out of 3 to get their swagger back a little bit.

iceminers26

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Do you think they're better off away from the pressures of home, ICE? McCutchen needs to take that next step forward and start playing up to his potential. And Alvarez is on pace to strike out about 200 times.
    The record kind of indicates that thought, me personally I don't know what to think. I mean I didn't buy in much of the Cubbies wins because quite frankly the Bucs have owned the Cubbies recently (can't figure that one out either but glad about it) but the wins over the Cards were impressive because they have had the Bucs number over the years.

Could not agree more about McCutchen, guy is suppose to be our franchise but he is not consistent enough on a night in night out basis for my liking at this point.

Alvarez does K a lot but if he can up his power numbers, I'll take the good with the bad.

They need Jones to do what he did last year, McCutchen to be more consistent, Alvarez to hit for power and find the gaps, Tabata to keep doing what he's been doing, and the sleeper IMO is Doumit, guy has not amounted to shit IMO and this is his make or break season.

I hope they turn it around but seeing signs of the past 18 years in my head.

iceminers26

Quote Originally Posted by Shortstop View Post
    Miners, I'm not ready to throw in the towel quite yet. I like this team and it's still very early. However, my concern is that I felt that their offense would click this year and be their strong suit. This isn't happening...yet. This series in Cincy over the weekend will be a real test for the young and battling Buccos. I really hope they take 2 out of 3 to get their swagger back a little bit.
    Me either bud but as I posted above, was worried how this young team would react to the first sign of adversity and not liking what I'm seeing, I mean the 4 straight are bad but I'm more focused on the margins of these losses, their not even being competitive.

Yes a series win in Cincy is what they need, hope they get it, or else it could be another very long season for us Bucco fans.

iceminers26

big road win tonight, 6-1 over the reds

6-7 now

big game by Tabata (4 for 5) and Snyder coming out of no where with a 3 hit effort

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25

A 14-hit attack and Charlie tossed an absolute gem tonight! Good stuff!

I find it amazing that this team is 5-2 on the road and 1-5 at PNC.

Winning on the road is always a good sign. The wins at home will come...

I'm staying optimistic, buddy!

iceminers26

A 14-hit attack and Charlie tossed an absolute gem tonight! Good stuff! I find it amazing that this team is 5-2 on the road and 1-5 at PNC. Winning on the road is always a good sign. The wins at home will come... I'm staying optimistic, buddy!
    I agree, would rather be getting the road wins because they are harder to come by, like you said they'll figure it out at home eventually.

I'm more shocked by Morton, guy has put together a couple great starts this year. He use to be the laughing stock of the league, I hope he continues his recent run.

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25

I know many will roll their eyes and laugh at this comment, but when Charlie is on, he has some of the best stuff in the majors.

His problem is getting through the first and second innings. I've heard that his biggest challenge is his mental game.

Morton is a solid starter. In my opinion, his performance tonight was no fluke.

The Reds have one of the strongest lineups in baseball and Charlie simply owned them tonight.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I know many will roll their eyes and laugh at this comment, but when Charlie is on, he has some of the best stuff in the majors.

His problem is getting through the first and second innings. I've heard that his biggest challenge is his mental game.

Morton is a solid starter. In my opinion, his performance tonight was no fluke.

The Reds have one of the strongest lineups in baseball and Charlie simply owned them tonight.
    He was literally one of the worst starters in baseball a few years ago. Impressive turnaround.

They can beat Volquez tomorrow. At +161, it might be worth a shot.

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    They can beat Volquez tomorrow. At +161, it might be worth a shot.
    You nailed that, NC! The Bucs have been a cash cow as big dogs on the road so far this year!

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

You nailed that, NC! The Bucs have been a cash cow as big dogs on the road so far this year!

Too bad I didn't play it and took the Marlins instead!

iceminers26

Nice call the other night NC, I had a busy weekend but hoping we can keep talking about the Buccos winning.

What a series against the Reds, taking 3 of 4 in Cincy. 8-8 after 16 games.

Correia with the complete game and the Bucs knock out 15 hits, best all around game of the season.

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25

No doubt, what an awesome series taking 3 of 4 at Cincinnati.

The offense is beginning to click and the starting pitching has been solid.

Can't complain about an 8-8 start and only one game back considering they've only won one game at PNC.

Too bad they can't play every game in either Chicago or Cincinnati!

iceminers26

time to evaluate buddy

Bucs currently sitting at 38-37 and 3 games back of the Brewers and 2 back of the Cards for 2nd place.

The Brewers are too inconsistent for my liking and the Cards losing Pujos is a blow so the Bucs are very much in the hunt. Cincy is right there with the Bucs and one has to think with that offense they are going to make a run (the Reds are the real threat IMO). As for Chicago, even though they have shown some life of late, don't think they will ever be in the discussion and the Stros are done.

With that said, I honestly feel this next week or so is the biggest of the season for the Bucs, here is their upcoming schedule:

2 more against Boston, 3 @ Toronto, 3 @ Washington, 3 against Houston, and then 3 against the Cubs to close out the 1st half.

If they can go 3-2 or even 2-3 in these next 5 games, I honestly love the schedule setup to close out the break.... they can take 2 out of 3 or even sweep the Nats, Stros, and Cubs (who they have owned the past couple of seasons).

Should be a fun stretch until the break.

BigDan
    BigDan's Avatar Become A Pro!

i cashed with your Buccos today. Even tho im a Cardinal fan I like that pit team, they scrappy. Think there a good chance they take one more from Bos in this series....

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25

39,330 at PNC Park tonight watched the Buccos take down the mighty Red Sox!

Points Awarded:

PittsburghPlayer gave Shortstop 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

iceminers26

Raise the Jolly Roger

Largest crowd ever to see a baseball game at PNC tonight, Bucs win their 4th straight, and made up some ground on Cards for 2nd.

Current record: 39-37

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25

Love it, Miners! Absolutely love this team!

The Buccos have the best pitching staff from top to bottom in the NL Central, there is absolutely no doubt!

In my opinion, they have one of the best staffs in all of baseball!

Keep in mind, Pedro is not even in the lineup and the Pirates are using a third-string catcher right now!

This is fukking awesome! Only die-hard Pirates fans can understand and feel the excitement of what is happening this year!

jeffdane
    jeffdane's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

3rd string catcher yes, and also our 6th catcher to play this year. and the 7th is in the dugout. i wish they would get a catcher. even if its a solid backup that they dont need to pay too much for. snyder and doumit are out for at least another month. when meek and beimel come back our bullpen will be set.

Shortstop
    542-481-4 +40.25

Quote Originally Posted by jeffdane View Post
    3rd string catcher yes, and also our 6th catcher to play this year. and the 7th is in the dugout. i wish they would get a catcher. even if its a solid backup that they dont need to pay too much for. snyder and doumit are out for at least another month. when meek and beimel come back our bullpen will be set.
    The middle relief of McCutchen, Watson, Veras and Resop has been solid and a huge lift so far.

In my opinion, Hanrahan is the best closer in all of baseball right now.

iceminers26

McCutchen and Morton have got to be the two biggest turn-arounds in quite some time... both these guys were gas cans last year and now they are both filling their respective roles beyond belief...I just hope they can keep it up