in2thethickofit
    in2thethickofit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Anyone ever try the "electronic cigarettes"?

These things are awesome! Went out to a bar last night and tried them in public for first time. Got some strange looks from people that thought they were real. Then another guy from across the bar is also smoking one and said he had quit that week and is only smoking "electronically" now. I still smoke regular cigs but they have helped me cut down significantly. I would highly recommend them if you want to wean yourself from smoking or just be able to "take the edge off" when you are at work or in public. For about $20 bucks its worth a shot!

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

cigarettes be in an "e cig" or the real thing are for fags and women...no grown man should be smoking them things..

in2thethickofit

Quote Originally Posted by obamaismyuncle View Post
    cigarettes be in an "e cig" or the real thing are for fags and women...no grown man should be smoking them things..
    Not interested in a non-smokers viewpoint

Emily_Haines
    Emily_Haines's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15319

Just a matter of time before these things get banned too like every thing else.

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Good point Emily

IWINYOURMONEY was using them, no idea if he went back to regular ones

Well if you like them continue to use them

in2thethickofit

Quote Originally Posted by Emily_Haines View Post
    Just a matter of time before these things get banned too like every thing else.
    I agree...just another "freedom" the the gov't will take away from us.

SportsMushroom
    SportsMushroom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6839

Quote Originally Posted by in2thethickofit View Post
    its not about freedom you jackass, its about my right to clean air

it is everyone's air not just yours and that is why it should be kept clean, we are not obliged to ruin our health just because you want to die of lung cancer at 31, keep that shit in your own home
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: obamaismyuncle

in2thethickofit

Quote Originally Posted by SportsMushroom View Post
    its not about freedom you jackass, its about my right to clean air

it is everyone's air not just yours and that is why it should be kept clean, we are not obliged to ruin our health just because you want to die of lung cancer at 31, keep that shit in your own home
    oh, the water vapor may get in your eyes, jakass? do your homework, there are no chemicals in the "e smoke"...another uninformed non-smoker...go figure!

SportsMushroom

oh, the water vapor may get in your eyes, jakass? do your homework, there are no chemicals in the "e smoke"...another uninformed non-smoker...go figure!
    I know what the e cigarettes are, the way you phrased it made it seem to me that you were complaining about real cigarettes, I apologize if I misunderstood

but as far as I know those e-cigarettes do contain chemicals which you inhale and then exhale, I mean their purpose is to appease your addiction its not like they fill them with liquid candy

joesomebody114
    This industry is f*kked
    joesomebody114's Avatar Become A Pro!

I smoke cigarettes and I have bought several E-Cigs in the past. They do work great, they help you significantly cut down because you get the same nicotene feeling as you do from the cigarette. Unfortunately, sometimes they are not that strong and you have to take deep pulls just to get the same pull off a normal cigarette (and I smoke Marlboro lights, now Marlboro gold pack). They do work great though but once you start smoking the E-cig you need to be consistant with it because if you stop smoking the E-Cig and start smoking regular cigarettes again, you will be much less inclined to go back to the E-cig and sometimes it will feel as if it is doing nothing for you since you picked back up on the regular cigarettes.

in2thethickofit

I know what the e cigarettes are, the way you phrased it made it seem to me that you were complaining about real cigarettes, I apologize if I misunderstood

but as far as I know those e-cigarettes do contain chemicals which you inhale and then exhale, I mean their purpose is to appease your addiction its not like they fill them with liquid candy
    No prob. I am not foolish enough to defend real cigarettes in a public setting. I know they kill people and are not good for you.

The only chemical in the e-cig is nicotine which is only ingested by the user. There are no other airborn chemicals that harm people around you. The exhale is only water vapor. It is the same thing as wearing a patch or chewing nicotine gum. They only real difference is (and this is why I like them), they allow you to have the security of actually holding the cig in your hand and blowing out smoke which is part of the psychological addiction of smoking. I am trying to cut down and then quit completely, at least that is my plan.

in2thethickofit

Quote Originally Posted by joesomebody114 View Post
    I smoke cigarettes and I have bought several E-Cigs in the past. They do work great, they help you significantly cut down because you get the same nicotene feeling as you do from the cigarette. Unfortunately, sometimes they are not that strong and you have to take deep pulls just to get the same pull off a normal cigarette (and I smoke Marlboro lights, now Marlboro gold pack). They do work great though but once you start smoking the E-cig you need to be consistant with it because if you stop smoking the E-Cig and start smoking regular cigarettes again, you will be much less inclined to go back to the E-cig and sometimes it will feel as if it is doing nothing for you since you picked back up on the regular cigarettes.
    I also found this to be true. The one I bought has small holes (2 of them) where the filter meets the paper (actually where the chemicals meet the battery..haha). I guess the creators of the cigs figured a person could hold the holes to get more nicotine or not hold the holes and therefore getting the equivalent of a "light" cigarette. Kind of a hassle locating the holes for every drag on the cig. Also, you do have to drag harder TO RECREATE THE EFFECT OF A REAL CIG...THAT PART SUCKS, i AGREE.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Makes me wonder why everyone always turns things into a government argument....fukin politics and a gambling forum are a bad mix

SportsMushroom

No prob. I am not foolish enough to defend real cigarettes in a public setting. I know they kill people and are not good for you.

The only chemical in the e-cig is nicotine which is only ingested by the user. There are no other airborn chemicals that harm people around you. The exhale is only water vapor. It is the same thing as wearing a patch or chewing nicotine gum. They only real difference is (and this is why I like them), they allow you to have the security of actually holding the cig in your hand and blowing out smoke which is part of the psychological addiction of smoking. I am trying to cut down and then quit completely, at least that is my plan.

they do sound better than real cigarettes, I do wish that you get to your goal of quiting, you may not realize by the way I talk about smokers, but I used to be one myself for about 3-4 years, it took a bit of suffering but I did manage to quit, its been 5 years since I did and I feel as if I never have smoked, if you can tough it out the cravings become less and less and after about a year or two you are completely rid of it

in2thethickofit

they do sound better than real cigarettes, I do wish that you get to your goal of quiting, you may not realize by the way I talk about smokers, but I used to be one myself for about 3-4 years, it took a bit of suffering but I did manage to quit, its been 5 years since I did and I feel as if I never have smoked, if you can tough it out the cravings become less and less and after about a year or two you are completely rid of it
    It is that "pain" I worry about...

SportsMushroom

It is that "pain" I worry about...
    it does go away though, after the first few months you get rid of most of it, after the first year I would almost never have a craving, only when something happened and I was upset or sad I would feel like lighting one up, after the second year even that goes away

in my opinion feeling healthy is underrated, now if I could force myself to eat a salad

joe blow
    joe blow's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 99

I tryed them and lasted about 2 weeks.I started getting bad sore throats.I still keep one and use it at home,i can't smoke in the house.

Marigold HD
    Marigold HD's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47737

I've seen someone use it. It seems pretty neat.

MEATHEAD
    MEATHEAD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

My mother inlaw uses one. It seems pretty gay.

nyplayer33
    nyplayer33's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Either ban cigarettes or allow them freely. Some areas of this country are trying to ban smoking in public plaaces outside or in apartments...geez

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68581

Smoke at home.

Leave me the F*** alone

in2thethickofit

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    Smoke at home.

Leave me the F*** alone
    I do.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68581

I do.
    I can't tell you how much non smokers appreciate it.

Having worked in a smoke filled environment for a long time as a non smoker, it made me resent smoking so much.

muldoon
    muldoon's Avatar Become A Pro!

there are no chemicals in the "e smoke"...another uninformed non-smoker...go figure!
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32088790...cals-fda-says/

testing of products from two leading electronic cigarette makers turned up several toxic chemicals, including a key ingredient in antifreeze.

GOIRISH
    GOIRISH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1128

e cigs suck imo. ive also heard they are somehow worse for you. anyway in my opinion if the owner of a restaurant /bar/night club wants to allow smoking then non smokers shouldnt complain. and the same the other way around. As a kid if we went to a restaurant with out a smoking section we just left, it was no big deal. However it seems non smokers would still go and then sit there and complain. The owner of the establishment is the one who gets the decision of how he wants his business to be.

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

I made a video awhile back.

I loved them, loved all the flavors, ect

Went from 1.5 packs a day to the ecigs.

I was smoke free for a month, no problems. Then when I broke up with my ex the stress of moving and so on got me back on the regs