Deuce
    Eddie Mush
    Deuce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3519

Can cops sit in a private driveway while monitoring motorists?

LV? IWIN?

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

It is a private residence.

Residential street, cop sitting in the driveway monitoring speed of passing vehicles. Vehicle A is going 30 in a 25. Cops pulls vehicle A over and sights them a citation for speeding.

onetrickpony
    onetrickpony's Avatar Become A Pro!

tell them fags to kick rocks

EDDIE MONEY LINE
    Get duckets
    EDDIE MONEY LINE's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3311

yes I believe so...because you are on a public road.

The law benefits all these fuks always

spankie
    Long Live Rodney!
    spankie's Avatar Become A Pro!

i'd go out there and start fuking screaming anti semantic shit.

bring video camera in case you get beat up.

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

If they have expressed consent from homeowner, or if they where say already on a call and sitting doing a report (happens a lot on break ins, domestics, ect) and have the radar running.

Some reports can take awhile

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Quote Originally Posted by Iwinyourmoney View Post
    If they have expressed consent from homeowner, or if they where say already on a call and sitting doing a report (happens a lot on break ins, domestics, ect) and have the radar running. Some reports can take awhile
    My gf got the ticket this morning. What should she do when she goes to court? Ask for homeowners consent? Ask if the officer had permission to be there?

obamaismyuncle
    obamaismyuncle's Avatar Become A Pro!

driveways are not considered property

downsouth
    Bobbywaves is a stiff
    downsouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25129

They really wrote her ticket for going 5 over?

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Quote Originally Posted by downsouth View Post
    They really wrote her ticket for going 5 over?
    Yes, he had no remorse, and she is hot and blonde.

pickemtowinem
    a.k.a. Dr.Money
    pickemtowinem's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post

is this in the states or canada?

Deuce
    Eddie Mush

Quote Originally Posted by pickemtowinem View Post
    is this in the states or canada?
    This happened in Michigan. Middle class town, 30 miles North of Detroit.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

They do it here all the time, though they never change it up so it's easy to avoid and they may have permission.

pickemtowinem
    a.k.a. Dr.Money
    pickemtowinem's Avatar Become A Pro!

was it a state trooper? or local enforcement?

state troopers have the right to set up shop wherever they deem fit.

local authority needs to obtain permission from land owner. If the police car was on a sidewalk, or there abouts, no permission would be required from the home owner, as anything south of the sidewalk (or going away from the property line) is considered state property and no permission would be required.
    Last edited by pickemtowinem; 06-20-11 at 07:19 PM.

FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

My gf got the ticket this morning. What should she do when she goes to court? Ask for homeowners consent? Ask if the officer had permission to be there?
    The police should be able to provide proof of permission in writing possibly signed/dated by a notary depending by state, but they won't because they don't have it. I got a ticket a few years ago from a speed trap set up in the entrance of a cemetery and my lawyer (I work with a ton of lawyers, wasn't balling on a speeding ticket defense team) requested to see the written permission when I went to fight it, I won.

Extra Innings
    Extra Innings's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 315

If they have expressed consent from homeowner, or if they where say already on a call and sitting doing a report (happens a lot on break ins, domestics, ect) and have the radar running.

Some reports can take awhile
    I'd add that most home owners wouldn't object or refuse a cop sitting in their driveway.

FuzzyDunlop
    Poster of the Month October 2015
    FuzzyDunlop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Innings View Post
    I'd add that most home owners wouldn't object or refuse a cop sitting in their driveway.
    Doesn't mean the force shouldn't ask and have it documented. From a taxpayer issue, what makes one house a speed trap and another house just some cop getting some on the side? What happens if a cop has a medical emergency on private property? What happens if a tree from private property falls on a cop car that is on a radar shift?

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

i always wondered that myself. i see it all the time. I am assuming if they are sitting in a homeowner's driveway in a residential type are looking for speeders the homeowner wont mind. But they definitely would have to ask for permission first i would think

Extra Innings

Quote Originally Posted by FuzzyDunlop View Post

Doesn't mean the force shouldn't ask and have it documented. From a taxpayer issue, what makes one house a speed trap and another house just some cop getting some on the side? What happens if a cop has a medical emergency on private property? What happens if a tree from private property falls on a cop car that is on a radar shift?
    Son, we live in a world that has streets, and those streets have to be guarded by police with radar guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, FuzzyDunlop? Police have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Deuce's girlfriend, and you curse the cops. You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what he knows. That this ticket, while tragic, probably saved lives. And the officer's existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties, you want that cop on that driveway, you need that cop on that driveway. We use words like radar, doughnut, violation. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that this cop provides, and then questions the manner in which he provides it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a radar gun, and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

No documentation necassary.
    Doesn't matter where a cop is where u break a law, if he sees it Ur done. Even if he didn't have permission, he'd get a write up from the department and the ticket is still valid

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Innings View Post
    Depends on the situation. When I was in high school, my friend's dad was a state judge. They lived out in the country and was heavily wooded, so cops would sit in his driveway taking radar because you just couldn't see them. The judge would get pissed because he'd turn in the driveway and almost hit them and told them several times not to park there. One day, I'm headed over to their house, hauling ass down the road and turn into the driveway and had to come to a screeching stop, cuz a sheriff's deputy is parked there with his radar gun. He comes storming over and asks if I know how fast I was going. I was pissed and told him he shouldn't even be there. He asked why I turned into the driveway and told him I was going to the judge's house. He asked "Do you know the Jugde?" I said "Well enough that I have the gate code, if you get out of the way. Didn't he tell ya'll not to park here?" He doesn't give me a ticket and just kinda growls for me to slow down.

I get up to the house and the judge is reading the paper and I tell him that I almost ran into some of the county's finest in his driveway and was lucky not to run into them. The judge gets pissed, throws his newspaper down, makes a call and starts ripping someone a new one. It was just dangerous for the cops to park there, too many near misses.

Extra Innings

Quote Originally Posted by Roadtrip635 View Post
    Depends on the situation. When I was in high school, my friend's dad was a state judge. They lived out in the country and was heavily wooded, so cops would sit in his driveway taking radar because you just couldn't see them. The judge would get pissed because he'd turn in the driveway and almost hit them and told them several times not to park there. One day, I'm headed over to their house, hauling ass down the road and turn into the driveway and had to come to a screeching stop, cuz a sheriff's deputy is parked there with his radar gun. He comes storming over and asks if I know how fast I was going. I was pissed and told him he shouldn't even be there. He asked why I turned into the driveway and told him I was going to the judge's house. He asked "Do you know the Jugde?" I said "Well enough that I have the gate code, if you get out of the way. Didn't he tell ya'll not to park here?" He doesn't give me a ticket and just kinda growls for me to slow down.

I get up to the house and the judge is reading the paper and I tell him that I almost ran into some of the county's finest in his driveway and was lucky not to run into them. The judge gets pissed, throws his newspaper down, makes a call and starts ripping someone a new one. It was just dangerous for the cops to park there, too many near misses.
    makes sense...honestly, if they are told to leave...they should leave...

Flexin
    Flexin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 51

I find it funny that its called a trap. Its not like Wile E Coyote is changing a 25 MPH sign to 50 MPH to set you up. The speeds are posted. Follow them and it isn't a problem. I have no idea if they allowed to do that in your area. I can' see why not.

James

ACoochy
    Am i serious? Are you serious?
    ACoochy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5324

Deuce, next time u c a camera stand in the opposing direction with a sign warning motorists of impending camera...Hit them where it hurts, the hip pocket...

Br0nxer
    July 2012 Poster of the Month
    Br0nxer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 888

No documentation necassary.
    Doesn't matter where a cop is where u break a law, if he sees it Ur done. Even if he didn't have permission, he'd get a write up from the department and the ticket is still valid
    go eat another donut pig

kylehen_son
    kylehen_son's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

Quote Originally Posted by ACoochy View Post
    Deuce, next time u c a camera stand in the opposing direction with a sign warning motorists of impending camera...Hit them where it hurts, the hip pocket...
    brb getting arrested for obstruction of justice or something lame

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

The hot blondes always laughed at him whenever he tried to holla. This is his payback. Most cops are straight nerds.

rake922
    rake922's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2117

The answer is yes to the question in post #1..... but check the laws of your area before asking the brilliant world law crew on this gambling forum

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

A ticket for 30 in a 25? Can't a radar gun be off by 5 MPH? Thought it had to be at least 8

Salmon Steak
    Salmon Steak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

police are the worst people I don't know. why would anyone want to be that?

Extra Innings

Quote Originally Posted by The Bet Master View Post
    A ticket for 30 in a 25? Can't a radar gun be off by 5 MPH? Thought it had to be at least 8

They're suppose to calibrate it via tuning forks before and after the shift (can you tell I have "tried" to fight tickets in the past)

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

I live 30 miles North of Detroit also and both Almont & Dryden cops sit in driveways consistently

Flexin
    Flexin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 51

Quote Originally Posted by Salmon Steak View Post
    police are the worst people I don't know. why would anyone want to be that?
    If Police are the worst people you know then your doing good.

What makes then the worst? Because she broke a law that is easy to not break and they wrote her up for it?

Why would they want to be that? Some get really good pay and some do 4 12 hour shifts then are off for 4 days so that can be nice as well.

James