EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Gra$$ is Greener ATP/WTA Contest

Well, the French Open is winding down this week so we'll have less and less action the next few days. But right around the corner is the Grass Court swing for both the ATP & WTA sides. Here's the schedule.

ATP
    AEGON Championships: June 6-12
    AEGON International: June 12-18
    Webber Open: June 12-18
    UNICEF Open: June 12-18

WTA
    AEGON Classic: June 6-12
    Sony Ericsson Open: June 6-12
    Danish Open: June 6-12
    UNICEF Open: June 12-18
    AEGON International: June 12-18

This contest will run the duration of this Grass Court swing, leading up to Wimbledon. Shari will be holding another contest for that, so this will take you up until the beginning of Wimbledon on June 20th.

Still working on the format, entry fees, etc. but am trying to get this out there early to get some additional interest for it from the people who may normally only stop in the tennis sub-forum during Grand Slams + our regulars of course. Should have the format and rules worked up either tonight or tomorrow.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

You can count me in.

EaglesPhan36

I can tell you guys/gals ahead of time, that I spoke to Shari and in addition to points - the winner(s) of this contest will get free entry into her Wimbledon contest.

shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

I'm in

EaglesPhan36

Details tonight on the format. Sorry for the delay.

koscheckbaby
    Briscoe and Logan Baby!!!
    koscheckbaby's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 550

How does grass even play? I don't think I've ever watched a grass court match.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

When are you going to man up and do a Challenger contest instead...Only for the diehards right?

But I'm still in of course...

beefcake
    Update your status

EP, this is just a suggestion, but I think a higher entry fee would make it more worthwhile.

EaglesPhan36

LoL @ beefcake. I think it'd be more like you vs. me. I think I have only ever seen one or maybe two other posters in here ever list a Challenger play.

Grass usually plays closer to a hard court, but not quite as fast. There's some weird names that I will have to see if I can recall who do really good on grass that you never expect. I know Nicolas Kiefer was one, but he retired. I think Clement is actually someone who has done well on grass the last couple years.

Yeah the entry free since it will cover several weeks of competition will be a bit higher, that's why I want to have this in place today so that NON-PROS can start donating their two points.

EaglesPhan36

GENERAL RULES

1. ENTRY FEE FOR THIS CONTEST IS 20 betpoints.
    ONLY ONE ENTRY PER PERSON.
    For NON-PROS, you must pay two per day until you meet the 20 point fee. Failure to do so before the final day of the contest will result in your entry being VOIDED and your points kept in the overall prize pool for the contest. PROs, your 20 point fee is due on/or before the time you submit your first selection for the contest.

**ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED VIA PM ONLY TO EAGLESPHAN36 BY THE POSTED DEADLINE FOR EACH TOURNAMENT**

2. FOR THE PURPOSE OF THIS CONTEST, ALL MATCHES MUST COMPLETE ONE SET FOR ACTION TO STAND. ANY MATCH THAT ENDS BEFORE ONE SET IS COMPLETE OR A WALKOVER WILL BE RULED VOID AND NO POINTS ARE WON OR LOST FOR THAT MATCH.

3. ALL LINES WILL BE SET VIA Pinnacle Sports. LINES WILL BE LISTED DAILY BY EAGLESPHAN36 AND THESE WILL BE THE ONLY ONES USED FOR SCORING PURPOSES.

4. ANY ENTIRES SENT AFTER THE POSTED DEADLINE WILL NOT BE COUNTED, SO PLEASE GET YOUR ENTRIES IN EARLY!

CONTEST FORMAT

1. FOR EACH TOURNAMENT, BOTH ATP/WTA, CONTESTANTS WILL PICK A WINNER FOR THE TOURNAMENT. LINKS WILL BE PROVIDED FOR THE DRAWS OF EACH WHEN THEY BECOME AVAILABLE.

Scoring: Correctly picking the winner of the tournament will net you 100 points. If your player is unseeded, you get a 75 point bonus.

2. FOR EACH TOURNAMENT, CONTESTANTS WILL ALSO BE ALLOWED TO PICK ONE "DOG CATCHER" FOR THE DURATION OF THE TOURNAMENT.

Scoring: For any match your player wins when priced as an underdog [+101 or better], you will receive 25 points x the price the player was listed at that day. For example, if your player was a +200 dog. You get 25 pts x 2.00 or 50 points for that win.

Realize that if your player is considered a favorite for a tournament, you may not get them ever listed as a plus money play and therefore, will wind up not getting any points from that selection. So if you pick Djokovic, you may not have a chance to gain any points with this selection. Choose wisely.

3. FOR EACH TOURNAMENT, CONTESTANTS WILL PICK A FLAMEOUT SPECIAL. THIS MUST BE A PLAYER WHO IS SEEDED [1-8].

Scoring: You will receive 10 points per every [-100] your player is rated as a favorite for the match they lose. Example: You choose Roger Federer. He is a -400 favorite when he loses. You receive 40 points if he loses that match.

Bonus points will be given based on the round your selection loses in. If they lose in their 1st match, you nail a 100 point bonus. If it's their 2nd match, you net a 50 point bonus. After that, there are no more bonus points. If your player loses to a QUALIFIER, you gain an additional 50 point bonus.

4. FOR EACH TOURNAMENT, CONTESTANTS WILL PICK ONE FIRST ROUND "LOCK." FOR THIS LOCK, YOU MUST PICK ONE MATCH AND THEN LIST THE OUTCOME. BY THIS, YOU MUST PICK WHO WINS, WHO LOSES AND PREDICT A SCORELINE FOR THAT MATCH.

Scoring: Correctly picking the WINNER for your LOCK will net you 25 points. If your WINNER is incorrect on a LOCK, you LOSE 25 points. You will receive 10 points if you predict the correct number of sets your LOCK wins in. If they LOSE, the number of sets does not gain you any points. If you are within +/- three games of the actual number of games played in the match involved your LOCK - regardless of the outcome, you gain a 50 point bonus.

TIE BREAK PROCEDURES

If at the conclusion of the final tournament in this contest, there is a tie between contestants - ties will be settled as follows.

#1: The most correctly predicted tournament winners.
    #2: Most points gained from DOG CATCHER picks.
    #3. Most points gained from LOCK picks.

If that does not settle a tie, points will be split evenly between the tying parties.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So here is a sample of what you should be sending in for each tournament. I will list all the tournaments you need to submit this information for each week of the competition.

1. Tournament Winner: Roger Federer
    2. Dog Catcher Pick: Dennis Istomin
    3. Flameout Special: Tomas Berdych
    4. 1st Round LOCK: Federer defeats Falla 6-3, 6-2.
    Alright, wanted to get the format out so if there are any questions you can ask before the first tournaments begin on Monday, June 6th. I will post draws for those tournaments as soon as they are available. You may also visit these websites to check for yourself:

ATP
    http://www.atpworldtour.com/Tourname...-Calendar.aspx

WTA
    http://www.wtatennis.com/page/Calendar/0,,12781,00.html
    Points Awarded:

shari91 gave EaglesPhan36 20 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Cross gave EaglesPhan36 20 SBR Point(s) for this post.

brandoc gave EaglesPhan36 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

JNic gave EaglesPhan36 20 SBR Point(s) for this post.

beefcake gave EaglesPhan36 20 SBR Point(s) for this post.

brandoc gave EaglesPhan36 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Greekster gave EaglesPhan36 20 SBR Point(s) for this post.

nulldah gave EaglesPhan36 20 SBR Point(s) for this post.

yisman gave EaglesPhan36 20 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Gaskan gave EaglesPhan36 20 SBR Point(s) for this post.

brandoc gave EaglesPhan36 16 SBR Point(s) for this post.

EaglesPhan36

Bumping this to get some more views and interest hopefully in the AM while there is more interest in tennis with matches in-play.

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9281

I'm in for sure Eagles, can't wait!

EaglesPhan36

Hoping draws will be out tomorrow. Will get them up ASAP. Keep checking those websites too.

Gaskan
    I know nothing!!!
    Gaskan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

I'll be in as well

jorge1
    OM
    jorge1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Im in guys...been getting into tennis more and more this year, and finally becoming somewhat profitable...so this should be GREAT practice and fun!

Jorge1

EaglesPhan36

Draws available.

ATP Gerry Webber Open: Halle, Germany
    http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2011/500/mds.pdf

ATP AEGON Championships: London, England
    http://www.atpworldtour.com/posting/2011/311/mds.pdf

WTA AEGON Classic: London, England
    http://www.wtatennis.com/SEWTATour-A...11/504/MDS.pdf

WTA Sony Ericsson: Denmark
    http://www.wtatennis.com/SEWTATour-A...1/1042/MDS.pdf

If you have any questions, let me know. Remember to start paying your fee NON-PROs if you are entering. Two points per day. Deadline for this is probably going to be some time early on Monday, June 6th. Probably 3am ET before first matches begin. Will post a solid deadline once a firm schedule is set. But for now, assume 3am ET on Monday. Remember, all entries must be PM-ed to me only.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 06-05-11 at 12:20 AM.

EaglesPhan36

All draws now available. Get those entries in via PM. You have all day Sunday. Remember to pay your entry fee. PROs - 20. NON PROs - begin paying your two points per day when you submit your entry.

yisman

It seems to be a little complicated, but I'm going to go over the rules again on Sunday night I think to make sure I know what I'm going for here.

EaglesPhan36

I can dumb it down as simple as possible. For each tournament, you pick an overall winner, a seed who is going to lose earliest, a player who could win a few matches if given an underdog price and a lock for the 1st round. It is a little in-depth, but trying to keep things different for these contests. Figure it's something people can do while they watch Rafa and Roger and in the time after that. Got the whole day to figure things out and look over the draws.

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO

Is it ok if I pick a 1st round lock against a qualifier whose name is not determined yet?

EaglesPhan36

Yes. That is fine.

brandoc
    brandoc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 940

I´m in! Will have to pay 2pts daily x10 so hopefully I can keep remembering to do this: )

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO

Eagles, it sucks that we Federer or Nadal might pull out of the event this week. I've got a feeling that one of them waits til tomorrow to announce they are pulling out. I guess we all have to think about that when making our picks.

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO

Would it be possible for us to pick our men's winners one day later than the current deadline, it might make the contest better considering this little dilemna.

EaglesPhan36

Nah, that's part of the process of guessing. I think it is doubtful either pulls out. Grass season is so short, you pretty much have to push into it and play to get your footing. Not overly worried about either one pulling out. It's not like they are going to play tomorrow. Unless one of them gets injured, I think it'll be fine.

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO

Well said Eagles, thanks again for putting this together! Now let's get some entries people, it's almost grass season!

EaglesPhan36

FYI - if it's not reflected in the draws, heard the announcers say Djokovic pulled out of whatever tournament he was slated to play in.

JNic
    JNic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 290

im in thanks for the contest!

EaglesPhan36

Two entries so far. Keep 'em coming. You've got all day to finish.

DEADLINE TO ENTER IS 4:30am ET on MONDAY.

EaglesPhan36

^^

Bump for more entries.

beefcake
    Update your status

Entry sent!

brandoc
    brandoc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 940

Entry sent.. BOL everyone.

EaglesPhan36

Keep 'em coming. Shari you better remember to enter this after you already paid lady!

EaglesPhan36

My bad on this one guys and gals - don't worry about the Denmark/Sony Ericsson tournament - that is an indoor hard surface, so it will not count. Sorry for the people who wasted time on it already!

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post

3. ALL LINES WILL BE SET VIA Pinnacle Sports. LINES WILL BE LISTED DAILY BY EAGLESPHAN36 AND THESE WILL BE THE ONLY ONES USED FOR SCORING PURPOSES.

Leftover text?

4. ANY ENTIRES SENT AFTER THE POSTED DEADLINE WILL NOT BE COUNTED, SO PLEASE GET YOUR ENTRIES IN EARLY!

typo on entries.

I'll send the points soon if shortstop doesn't

1234 Last