SBR_John
    Wisky
    SBR_John's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42225

What college games are off the board?

I guess Rice and Houston??? 2 of my 3 picks

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah, already had to replace my S. Miss pick...

Illusion
    Illusion's Avatar Become A Pro!

With Rita looming, Rice, Houston postpone games

HOUSTON -- Rice and Houston have postponed this weekend's games.

Rice's home game against Navy has been pushed back to Oct. 22 because of the pending arrival of Hurricane Rita in the Houston area. Houston's home game against Southern Miss will be played Nov. 12 or 13.

The Rice-Navy game was supposed to be Saturday night. The storm is expected to hit early Saturday.

"The welfare of our student-athletes, staff and fans must take precedent in this time of crisis," Rice athletic director Bobby May said Wednesday. "Their safety is our top priority."

Rice canceled several other athletic events this weekend: a soccer game against TCU, a volleyball match against Alabama-Birmingham and a women's tennis tournament.

School teams also will not be playing road events including volleyball matches at Houston and Memphis, soccer at Idaho State and a men's tennis tournament in Austin.

Houston also postponed or canceled events in volleyball, women's soccer, women's tennis and men's golf.

Texas A&M has yet to make a decision about this weekend's game against Texas State.

Texas A&M officials said they would decide Wednesday whether to move up Saturday's game against Texas State to Thursday. Houston will move its game against SMU from Nov. 12 to Nov. 19, when both teams have a bye.

tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

Quote Originally Posted by SBR_John
    I guess Rice and Houston??? 2 of my 3 picks
    Hats off to you, John.

You know you're frickin' sharp when Pinnacle have to resort to organising hurricanes to cancel the matches rather than letting you spank them on your picks.

pags11
    pags11's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd watch the weather in LSU/ Tenn. game as well...

JerseyLove
    JerseyLove's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Is rice playing tonight