6) Mizou
    7) Auburn
    8) Penn St
    9) Vandy
    10) Ohio St

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

I think FLORIDA, GEORGIA, and USC are clearly the best three.......at this time.

JRS21386
    The Oracle
    JRS21386's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree... I like these rankings... I can't wait for Alabama and Georgia!

Tosser
    Tosser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Auburn on 2 lmao...this indeed is for giggles only.

Dbldown11
    Dbldown11's Avatar Become A Pro!

haha, well to begin with Florida and USC are number 1 & 2. It'll take some more time to see which is better.

After that I've got 3:alabama 4: Penn St. and after that it's a jumble.

How in god's name do you have Auburn and Georgia ahead of Florida and USC.....Did you see the Auburn Mississippi St game? the #2 team in the country does not have that hard of a time scoring against that shit team

Wheell
    Wheell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1022

USC would be favored over any other team in college football on a neutral field. Florida, Georgia, LSU, and Oklahoma would all be small favorites over USC at home. Actually, I am not certain LSU would be favored.

AgainstAllOdds
    From the Villas to world #1
    AgainstAllOdds's Avatar Become A Pro!

I really think Penn st. will be a sleeper this year. As of now I honestly think they could give some of those SEC teams a run for there money. They are gonna smash Illi in the face this saturday!...the wisconson game will be an instant classic

fiveteamer
    Sweet berry wine!!!
    fiveteamer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Don't know about 2-10 but my vote goes to Florida #1.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by AgainstAllOdds View Post
    Ohio st.,Auburn, Flordia,LSU,Georgia, Penn St.,Vandy, USC, Alabama, Mizzo

My list would go as follows

1. LSU
    2.Auburn
    3.Georgia
    4.USC
    5.Flordia
    6.Penn st.
    7.Alabama
    8.Mizzo
    9. Ohio st.
    10.Vandy
    you need to look no further than your own list to see why you are not a very good gambler. noway your top 3 are as good as #4 and #5. uga, mizzu and lsu round out my top 5 of those teams we are comparing here.

MartinBlank
    Going to be a good weekend
    MartinBlank's Avatar Become A Pro!

Auburn 2? Oh yeah, this is shitty giggles alright.

If you are going to create a list that has Auburn ahead of USC, then you may as well create a list as crazy as you can think of.

Here's mine.

Can I ask why you excluded Oklahoma?

1. Vanderbilt
    2. Ohio State
    3. Missouri
    4. Penn State
    5. Auburn
    6. Florida
    7. Georgia
    8. Alabama
    9. USC.
    10. LSU.
    Last edited by MartinBlank; 09-25-08 at 12:38 PM. Reason: Because this is obvious fantasy land

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

read again martinspank and just rate the teams listed

JRS21386
    The Oracle

Why does everyone think USC is God?

MartinBlank

JRS..

Have you seen USC's depth chart? They are 3-4 deep at every position. Hell, remember Mitch Mustain? He was the #1 QB coming out a few years ago who went to Arkansas. He is now the 4th string QB at USC. 4th.

Here's a question for you. Name one weakness USC has.

SBR Lou
    SBR Lou's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by MartinBlank View Post
    Name one weakness USC has.
    Cheerleaders could be hotter.

JRS21386
    The Oracle

JRS..

Have you seen USC's depth chart? They are 3-4 deep at every position. Hell, remember Mitch Mustain? He was the #1 QB coming out a few years ago who went to Arkansas. He is now the 4th string QB at USC. 4th.

If you look earlier in this same thread i was quoted saying that USC is truly a good team.. I don't doubt that... Mitch Mustain was good at Arkansas..That doesnt mean he would be that great anywhere else, and he was wrapped up in scandal @ Arkansas.. My point is, i dont think its fair to measure a teams success when their schedule toughness is garbage... The worst thing the BCS coulda ever done was throw out schedule toughness as a qualification. Before Ohio St. got killed by USC, people were talking up OSU like they were a national championship team... I think USC is in a completely different league that OSU by the way, like i said they are a good good team.. But lets get them playing some good competition.. Im sick of watching them beat up on cupcakes every week

MartinBlank

JRS,

What team in the top 10 has played a tough schedule so far?

LSU played Appalachian State (who lost to James Madison this year), North Texas, and Auburn. I don't think Auburn is any tougher than Ohio State at this point.

Georgia played Georgia Southern, Central Michigan, South Carolina, and Arizona State. Not one of those teams is above .500.

Auburn's schedule Louisianna Monroe, Southern Miss, Mississippi State, and a home loss to LSU.

Penn State's schedule is the most pathetic though....Coastal Carolina, Syracuse, Temple, and Oregon State.

USC does not dodge anyone. Carroll has showed a willingness to play anyone in their non-conference schedule.

Maybe USC is a paper lion, and they may lose a game or two, but I just don't see it happening.

hoopster42
    hoopster42's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by AgainstAllOdds View Post
    Ohio st.,Auburn, Flordia,LSU,Georgia, Penn St.,Vandy, USC, Alabama, Mizzo

My list would go as follows

1. LSU
    2.Auburn
    3.Georgia
    4.USC
    5.Flordia
    6.Penn st.
    7.Alabama
    8.Mizzo
    9. Ohio st.
    10.Vandy
    you are clearly an sec homer, and i think you've lost your mind, frankly

no way lsu and auburn even finish in the top 5

lsu's final record will be 9-3 at best

auburn's final record will be 8-4 at best

the best teams in the country are USC, Oklahoma, Florida, Georgia, and Missouri, there is a huge drop off after that

if you don't bump this thread at the end of the reg season, dont worry, because i will

hoopster42

the fact that you dont have oklahoma in your top 10 tells me you dont follow cfb that closely or know very much about it

AgainstAllOdds
    From the Villas to world #1
    AgainstAllOdds's Avatar Become A Pro!

I really dont feel like quoting everyones post so I will just put it like this...I think SEC teams are dominant this year over many other teams... yes USC is great but they crushed a very weak(imo) ohio st. team. So now everyone overrates usc. Also, I left out okalhoma simply because when I posted this, it was off the top of my head and left off some. Either way, Im sticking to my list and think (as of right now) these are the best teams in order in college football.

JRS21386
    The Oracle

JRS,

LSU played Appalachian State (who lost to James Madison this year), North Texas, and Auburn. I don't think Auburn is any tougher than Ohio State at this point.

Georgia played Georgia Southern, Central Michigan, South Carolina, and Arizona State. Not one of those teams is above .500.

Auburn's schedule Louisianna Monroe, Southern Miss, Mississippi State, and a home loss to LSU.

Penn State's schedule is the most pathetic though....Coastal Carolina, Syracuse, Temple, and Oregon State.

USC does not dodge anyone. Carroll has showed a willingness to play anyone in their non-conference schedule.

Maybe USC is a paper lion, and they may lose a game or two, but I just don't see it happening.
    Its not about "so far" its about the whole entire season... Sure good conferences are going to match up with crappy conferences in out of conference play because their rivals in the same conference are so tough... USC plays NOBODY all year long... not a soul..

JRS21386
    The Oracle

Arkansas for example, 5 weeks straight will play 5 top 10 teams... lol including alabama last week, texas this week, then lsu, florida and auburn (no longer in top 10) but at one point thats what their schedule looked like... Alabama has to play LSU, Auburn, Georgia, etc... just get some better teams on your schedule... If you suffer by not playing any competition, line up the good competition in out of conference play... like not just "ohio st" but EVERYONE they play outta conference should be good because their conference schedule is terrible

hoopster42

Quote Originally Posted by JRS21386 View Post
    Arkansas for example, 5 weeks straight will play 5 top 10 teams... lol including alabama last week, texas this week, then lsu, florida and auburn (no longer in top 10) but at one point thats what their schedule looked like... Alabama has to play LSU, Auburn, Georgia, etc... just get some better teams on your schedule... If you suffer by not playing any competition, line up the good competition in out of conference play... like not just "ohio st" but EVERYONE they play outta conference should be good because their conference schedule is terrible
    most teams dont wana play usc in out of conference play. most sec teams dont wana play them either, not after what usc did to auburn and arkansas. they ruined arkansas twice, once here and once there, and beat auburn 23-0 in 03 w/a brand new qb and cast of skills guys, that was an auburn team that many ranked preseason #1,

this thing will play out as the yr goes on, and you'll see that there are 3 very good teams in the sec, florida, georgia, and alabama, then there is a drop off, florida and georgia will cancel each other out, then the winner of that gm will likely play bama in the sec title game, one of them gets canceled out

dont be surprised if the big 12 conf title gm winner plays usc in the nt game, usc vs. oklahoma or missouri for the natl title

in 06, florida got into the nt gm because usc lost to ucla in a pretty big upset on the final day of the season, otherwise usc goes, then in 07, lsu gets in because wva loses to pitt in a huge upset on the final day, so 2 yrs in a row, the sec was lucky to A) get into the nt gme (they needed huge help on the final day)
    and B) they got to play ohio st who is a big time paper tiger with no perimeter speed

hopefully, the sec will play a real team this yr in the nt game (like usc, oklahoma, or mizzu), and we will see who is dominant

cannot wait to bump this in a few mos on the final day of the reg season when you see that lsu and auburn were pretenders all along

JRS21386
    The Oracle

Yeah i see where your coming from... we'll see how it plays out, all we can do

donjuan
    donjuan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7537

USC is clearly number one. And anyone with Vandy in their top 10 is not only clinically insane but probably on some massive combination of hallucinogens, painkillers and alcohol.

JRS21386
    The Oracle

Quote Originally Posted by donjuan View Post
    USC is clearly number one. And anyone with Vandy in their top 10 is not only clinically insane but probably on some massive combination of hallucinogens, painkillers and alcohol.
    who had vandy in their top 10?

donjuan
    donjuan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7537

AAO, Fishhead and Crazyl.

JRS21386
    The Oracle

Hmm...

xyzky
    xyzky's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 121

How come nobody has Oklahoma in the top 10?
    I think that is a very dangerous team!

JRS21386
    The Oracle

Oklahoma would be in my Top 10... Definately

hoopster42

Quote Originally Posted by xyzky View Post
    How come nobody has Oklahoma in the top 10?
    I think that is a very dangerous team!
    read my posts, all of them, i have oklahoma at #2 right behind usc, oklahoma is fast all over the field, they are dangerous even in a tough big 12, toughest game for them is playing texas in dallas in early october, texas is good too, it will be a hell of a ballgame

cantgetright
    cantgetright's Avatar Become A Pro!

Oklahoma
    USC
    Florida

Everyone else.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

JRS..

Can't beat Stanford.

mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8274

JRS,

how many top 10 teams does USC play this year?
    and how many top 10 teams does every SEC team play every year?
    nuff said.
    USC is a great team but with a cupake schedule year after year, and the media darling. therefore they will be #1 all year untill 1 of the SEC teams beats them in the BCS title game.

12 Last