rsnnh12
    rsnnh12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 205

Quote Originally Posted by Bradyd View Post
    A comment is a reaction or an opinion of someone/something.. It doesn't matter if he was on a bench, in a locker room, or getting his hair cut, the point is he said it.. He is a public face and he must chose his words carefully...
    What if he said something really offensive to you? Would it matter if he said it on a bench or you had to "read his lips"?? What kind of argument is that????
    Who cares if it offended someone? People need to grow the fukk up. "Waaahhh, Kobe called a ref a phaggot, that's offensive to gay people" is what the media is crying. Who cares? Do Kobe's words affect ANYONES personal life? This is an attempt to get attention, be in the news, and push their agenda about how they are "discriminated against". End of story.

See the 2 videos above for how most people view this "offensive word"

james4512
    james4512's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 139

Quote Originally Posted by MarlinsFan2212 View Post
    Do you think Gay people were offended at all? Or are they trying to just gain attention. I dont think Kobe used the best word selection, but clearly he was heated, and there is a 0% chance he meant to offend gay people.

I think they need to look at this from a gambling perspective. Obama already repealed Dont Ask Dont Tell, and Lady Gaga gave them a national anthem, so in my estimation there bankroll is up right now.

I am a Kobe hater, but I can find you about 10 million people on a daily basis who say the same thing. Leave Kobe alone and go watch some Cirque du Soleil.
    10 million people? Well i havent traveled much throughout the world but i would say easily 100 million in the US alone. I cant name one person whose never said "fukking f4ggot" when they were pissed off

Bradyd
    Bradyd's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 312

Quote Originally Posted by dfberger23 View Post

Are you serious? Be realistic for a second.
    I am being realistic, in fact I am one of the only people being realistic.. Realistically, it matters that he used a slur. Realistically, he should have known better.. Realistically, he got fined because his words were unacceptable for a country with a growing gay and lesbian population.. Am I serious? As a heart attack...

dfberger23
    dfberger23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 406

I am being realistic, in fact I am one of the only people being realistic.. Realistically, it matters that he used a slur. Realistically, he should have known better.. Realistically, he got fined because his words were unacceptable for a country with a growing gay and lesbian population.. Am I serious? As a heart attack...
    Get off your high horse.

I highly doubt you have ever played competitive sports or even pick up sports. None of us can imagine the intensity of playing in the NBA, obviously emotions run very high in sports.

You expect Kobe to not get angry during a game? Seriously, this is ridiculous. He is a professional basketball player, he has one focus and that is to win. He isn't on the court thinking "oh I gotta be politically correct with my insults in case a camera is watching me."

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

is the gay/lesbian population growing, or are they finally feeling safe enough to come out?

bbenson011
    bbenson011's Avatar Become A Pro!

this is sooo funny...kobe is a champ

Bradyd

Quote Originally Posted by BettingWizard View Post
    of course it matters, is there not a difference between yelling something out and a camera being zoomed in on you in your personal space and having to lip read you? LMAO

The "what if he said to you" garbage doesn't hold up, because like I said, the ref didn't even hear him, or he would have been tossed
    Really?? When you are a celebrity, everything matters! And as far as that argument not holding up, I wasn't referring to the ref. He got fined because he used a slur offensive to a certain group of people. That's who got offended.. And they are offended whether Kobe was sitting on a bench, or giving an interview. Think about what really offends you, and imagine someone sitting on a bench said it. You mean it wouldn't matter?? In fact, I bet I could offend you by just posting something in this message forum...

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10536

Quote Originally Posted by William Walters View Post
    TMZ has the video.

Obviously, Kobe was heated when he called the ref an "Foggin f\*g". Does anybody here REALLY think that Kobe thinks the ref likes penis? No, he said it in the same manner one would call somebody else a F'ing A-hole. In todays world............bad choice of words by Kobe. That's it. Move on. But, of course................everybody tries to push their agenda/cause to the front page so this will be top news for the next few days.
    i say what he said , 100%

dfberger23

Really?? When you are a celebrity, everything matters! And as far as that argument not holding up, I wasn't referring to the ref. He got fined because he used a slur offensive to a certain group of people. That's who got offended.. And they are offended whether Kobe was sitting on a bench, or giving an interview. Think about what really offends you, and imagine someone sitting on a bench said it. You mean it wouldn't matter?? In fact, I bet I could offend you by just posting something in this message forum...

When you are a celebrity everything matters? Unreal, you gotta be kidding me. Kobe has to make sure to please everyone? Kobe doesn't give a fuk, Kobe is winning rings. You are expecting him to be perfect basically in every aspect.

It is words who cares, people trash talk in sports. You have clearly never played any type of sport.

Bradyd

Get off your high horse.

I highly doubt you have ever played competitive sports or even pick up sports. None of us can imagine the intensity of playing in the NBA, obviously emotions run very high in sports.

You expect Kobe to not get angry during a game? Seriously, this is ridiculous. He is a professional basketball player, he has one focus and that is to win. He isn't on the court thinking "oh I gotta be politically correct with my insults in case a camera is watching me."
    My high horse? So me thinking a slur is hurtful to people puts me on a high horse?? I believe you are confused..

The key word you used was PROFESSIONAL... Being professional means just that, when is using slurs professional?? And NOT using a slur isn't being politically correct, it's being respectful... And I am the one on the high horse??

SoV
    "Why always me"
    SoV's Avatar Become A Pro!

When you are a celebrity everything matters? Unreal, you gotta be kidding me. Kobe has to make sure to please everyone? Kobe doesn't give a fuk, Kobe is winning rings. You are expecting him to be perfect basically in every aspect.

It is words who cares, people trash talk in sports. You have clearly never played any type of sport.
    He doesn't, which is why people shouldn't bitch and complain if he gets fined for saying an offensive word.

It's like someone saying "kike" and Jews not caring about it. Or "n1ggers" and black people not batting an eye-lid.

yurnero
    yurnero's Avatar Become A Pro!

he was fined because he is one of the "faces" of the nba and they dont want to look bad. obviously a politically correct PR move by the nba.

but i mean, 100k is more than what was needed. not that kobe even cares about 100k, but still, calling the ref a fagg0t should not warrant such punishment. total pr move

Bradyd

I am not expecting him to be perfect.. It's the kids, their parents, and most of his fans, and some other NBA fans that are expecting it.. This is an interesting development though, so if you are willingly to give Kobe a pass on using a slur, than you must not have any issues with any player in the NBA??... Are you sure you want to use this argument, because I am willingly to bet that you have bashed a player for "not being perfect". This is a betting forum, care to make that wager???

Jordan23
    Jordan23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 283

Ref, dawg.. tell me how my ass tastes!

dfberger23

People getting fined over words said on a basketball court is INSANE. I have been called terrible things on the court and have called people terrible things, who cares.

BettingWizard
    BettingWizard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

Nothing offends me, go ahead. I just laugh at people who try to display ignorance.

Most people who are "offended" only say they are because they've been conditioned to be offended. It's not their true feelings.

Kobe said he wasn't trying to offend anybody, with the context that he used.

Again, are you gonna say there isn't a big difference between Kobe sitting down with a reporter saying fa\*\*ot

and him saying it under his breath, directed towards one guy on the court?

BookiesBernanke
    BookiesBernanke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

The guy gets fined 100K and then releases two lengthy statements apologizing and addressing his role as a role model - he should have just said Stern takes it in the a$$

8ArIvd5
    8ArIvd5's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1044

i know this wasn't directed towards me, but something said in general wouldn't offend me. but particular things offend me when directed towards me personally. if kobe said i hate spics, i'd be personally offended. if kobe said ******* spic, i wouldn't be offended.

refrain87
    refrain87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

people alwways take words out of its actual context. its pretty annoying, and obviously he wasnt offending or saying the word to disrespect a certain group of people.

xpo276
    30-60-120-180-240-360
    xpo276's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 798

100k for arguing? really?

ron artest got 20k for fighting in the piston-pacer brawl. for that price, kobe should have at least knocked the guy out.

shoot, he could have done it 5 times!

donkdown
    donkdown's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who r the gay guys in this forum?? We need to know how they feel about this.. U know there are some!!

donkdown

OBV Kobe listens to Em b4 the games fast forward to 1 min mark!!

zg816179
    zg816179's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

hahaha this forum is too funny!! However, Kobe is not a f\*g. He went to his senior prom with pop star Brandy and has a smokin hot wife - (and lets not forget the white girl incident, or should we forget that?) regardless, if Kobe was gay i know that 1,000,000 other people would be gay too, Kobe is the man and the greatest. GO LAKERS!!!!

donkdown

Quote Originally Posted by zg816179 View Post
    hahaha this forum is too funny!! However, Kobe is not a f\*g. He went to his senior prom with pop star Brandy and has a smokin hot wife - (and lets not forget the white girl incident, or should we forget that?) regardless, if Kobe was gay i know that 1,000,000 other people would be gay too, Kobe is the man and the greatest. GO LAKERS!!!!

Go Kobe!! He's not a f\*g but a rapist!!! Lakers for the 3 peat. I actually think Lamr Odom is more likely the queer!! U see that beast he's fcking dude needs to put the weed down!! I mean this isnt Rhode Island anymore he's in LA.. Although the shemale looking freak has helped him this might be the best yr he's ever had in the pros!!

twelvejewelz
    twelvejewelz's Avatar Become A Pro!

The little queer pansy associations need to get the Fcuk over it. They preach freedom's and freedom of speech is very important, if not for that they wouldnt be able to say anything about blowing other dudes. Grow up its a word if you dont like it dont listen to it. What are we in grade school??? Hes a grown man he and i can say whatever words we want this is a sad day in the world when you cant talk shit on the basketball court or anywhere for that matter. give it up already who cares

Kobe
    Kobe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1961

In my time, I've been known to enjoy my fair share of penises. But I was in no way offended by Kobe's comments. I unintentionally use it the same way from time to time. But to be quite honest, there is nothing Kobe could do that would offend me. Even if he broke into my house, killed my dog, then proceded to anally rape me and finish on my face, I would take it all with a smile.

The Madcap
    The world meets nobody halfway.
    The Madcap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 460

What if he said something really offensive to you? Would it matter if he said it on a bench or you had to "read his lips"?? What kind of argument is that????
    What kind of argument is defending people who are such sissies they can't handle hearing anything demeaning about them?
    They got offended because they are pussies.

Every day I hear people talk shit about the college I went to, the state I live in, my accent, my job, the type of music I listen to, etc. The very things that define who I am as a person. I don't get offended. Know why? I'm not a pussy. Some people want to act like they have the right to live their entire lives without ever being questioned, insulted, or offended. Well you don't you coddled little pansies. That's why they used to teach you that "sticks and stones will break my bones, but words will never hurt me." It's called backbone. Fags need to grow one. And the gays too.

linedrivr
    I'm your huckleberry
    linedrivr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 432

I'll take lip reading for 100k Alex. What an idiot Kobe is. His wife making him sleep on the patio tonight for that 100k brain fart.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

I'm so damn tired of the PC world trying to push their shit on us. Everyone needs to stop being offended by anything and everything that a person says or does.

WeinketoWarrick
    Update your status
    WeinketoWarrick's Avatar Become A Pro!

I hope Kobe wins another title now and tells that f\*g+got Stern to kiss his ass immediately after he takes the trophy.

Johnnythunder
    Johnnythunder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 875

Cant stand the player but 100k is nuts for what occured

freelee
    Update your status
    freelee's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 562

as a laker fan i was really hoping he would be suspended for the playoffs guy can't guard anybody and the team plays much better with him on the bench

twelvejewelz
    twelvejewelz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by freelee View Post
    as a laker fan i was really hoping he would be suspended for the playoffs guy can't guard anybody and the team plays much better with him on the bench
    wow i hate to tell you that without kobe you wouldnt have ANY of those 5 rings...

sharpcircle
    sharpcircle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

at least it wasn't rape this time. the ref is lucky

vitalogist
    GET LOOSE!
    vitalogist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 474

What a homo...

First 123 Last