JerseyLove
    JerseyLove's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 61

Google stock

It's down around 38 bucks today so far. It's still 540 a share. Now is the time to pick it up but still very exspensive

King Mayan
    STFU AND SQUAT PUTO
    King Mayan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3679

Bing is making a move.

JerseyLove

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Bing is making a move.
    Have never rely thought about bing. Why is that?

nosniboR11
    fu
    nosniboR11's Avatar Become A Pro!

do not buy google, especially if you are wanting the position to be long, google is going to lose a lot of lawsuits in the coming years

JerseyLove

Quote Originally Posted by nosniboR11 View Post
    do not buy google, especially if you are wanting the position to be long, google is going to lose a lot of lawsuits in the coming years
    Yea, I still love apple stock. Any 1 have any opinions on apple.

wtf
    wtf's Avatar Become A Pro!

i am wondering about the market as a whole about to tank

inflation is REAL now, the government can no longer hide the truth and keep interest rates so low

once they start creeping up it will have a major impact on stocks imho

JerseyLove

Quote Originally Posted by wtf View Post

inflation is REAL now, the government can no longer hide the truth and keep interest rates so low

The market will be fine remember the world depends on USA.

tcmoody99
    tcmoody99's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sign me up for gold and apple

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyLove View Post
    This is the type of thinking that loses money on Wall Street long term. It's also part of the reason this country has the problems we do...ignorance. As much as we want to think the rest of the world NEEDS us....they would survive. The world is becoming less and less dependent on the United States

19th Hole
    19th Hole's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10300

I would do a little research on economic theory
    before making a blanket statment.
    The fan is spinning and the shit is in the air.
    Good Luck.

freeVICK
    freeVICK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6501

Once the dollar is removed as the worlds reserve currency, our economy will take a severe blow. You think things as bad now just wait. Sell your house and rent instead (housing markets will tank), get out of stocks and dollars and buy metals and overseas currency. Do it before it's too late and panic sets in.

http://m.youtube.com/index?desktop_u...A&xl=xl_blazer

alukk
    alukk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8012

Quote Originally Posted by VegasInsider View Post
    This is the type of thinking that loses money on Wall Street long term. It's also part of the reason this country has the problems we do...ignorance. As much as we want to think the rest of the world NEEDS us....they would survive. The world is becoming less and less dependent on the United States
    You are basically saying the world still depend of U.S, but your killing the guy cause he said the same thing as u.
    BTW yea decisions or the problems that affect the United States have big, but very big impact in many regions of the world. Big impact in Latin America. So do you know why was the 2008 crisis? it was a global crisis, but yea it was mainly because of what happened in USA.

JerseyLove

Quote Originally Posted by alukk View Post
    You are basically saying the world still depend of U.S, but your killing the guy cause he said the same thing as u.
    BTW yea decisions or the problems that affect the United States have big, but very big impact in many regions of the world. Big impact in Latin America. So do you know why was the 2008 crisis? it was a global crisis, but yea it was mainly because of what happened in USA.
    Exactly

guitarjosh
    guitarjosh's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9448

Time to go short! By the way, Google looks way oversold to me. If you got in toward the end of the day you might get a short term bounce and profit.

Iwinyourmoney
    IWIN.........IN!
    Iwinyourmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 733

Love my apple stock. Bought a lot at 192 and 218

kmarinouofm
    Those who stay.. will be Champions!
    kmarinouofm's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3463

Yea, I still love apple stock. Any 1 have any opinions on apple.
    the time to buy them passed well over a year ago.. that being said.. this stock will reach 400 eventually

Quote Originally Posted by Iwinyourmoney View Post
    Love my apple stock. Bought a lot at 192 and 218
    score of the year for me and some friends.

guitarjosh

Short term I would buy Google over Apple. If you're an options trader, I think you can make a quick big profit from google.

Indecent
    Indecent's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1156

Quote Originally Posted by King Mayan View Post
    Bing is making a move.
    A large portion of the main developers behind bing have left Microsoft - it's a sinking ship.

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill
    Waterstpub87's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7298

Thoughts on Google:
    a 22 P/E ratio is a little bit high
    Its in the middle of its 52 week range, I would lean more towards stock in the lower portion of this range
    On the positive, the percentage of short interest is very low. Its profitability margins are also very good.
    Balance sheet ratios are good. Doesn't pay dividends, but if it moved to it high you would make around a 18% return or so.
    With the thought on options, Options on high value stocks like Google are expensive, did you mean calls or puts? Either one could be reasonable to take at this point, but the expense of it makes it hard for people who do not have a lot of capital to trade.

Thoughts on Apple
    18.56 PE ratio is also high.
    Its near the top of its 52 week range. Anyone who got in at 195 made an excellent buy.
    Profitability ratios are in the top of the industry sector
    Its price to cash flows is kinda high.
    On Apple, I would certainly consider the June 18th 335 strike puts currently trading at 20.05. This give a lot of time for the stock to sink lower in price and gives one the ability to get off of the option in case it looks as if the stock is going the other direction. If negative news stories happen on apple(Steve Jobs get sick) the stock has a tendency to fall pretty quickly.

dice
    dice's Avatar Become A Pro!

Google and Apple are priced about right. Both stocks should be flat for awhile. I would short Baidu when it hits $160.

lifemagnetic
    lifemagnetic's Avatar Become A Pro!

really? you still believe this?

QuantumLeap
    Let's go, Brandon!
    QuantumLeap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8218

I don't know if it will tank but I do think we are in for a correction.

I bought UGA at 47.50 (US gasoline fund). It's a fund that mirrors the price of gasoline in the US. I'm holding it until after Memorial Day when gas prices usually go up even more than they have in the last month.

guitarjosh

Quote Originally Posted by Waterstpub87 View Post
    Thoughts on Google:
    a 22 P/E ratio is a little bit high
    Its in the middle of its 52 week range, I would lean more towards stock in the lower portion of this range
    On the positive, the percentage of short interest is very low. Its profitability margins are also very good.
    Balance sheet ratios are good. Doesn't pay dividends, but if it moved to it high you would make around a 18% return or so.
    With the thought on options, Options on high value stocks like Google are expensive, did you mean calls or puts? Either one could be reasonable to take at this point, but the expense of it makes it hard for people who do not have a lot of capital to trade.

Thoughts on Apple
    18.56 PE ratio is also high.
    Its near the top of its 52 week range. Anyone who got in at 195 made an excellent buy.
    Profitability ratios are in the top of the industry sector
    Its price to cash flows is kinda high.
    On Apple, I would certainly consider the June 18th 335 strike puts currently trading at 20.05. This give a lot of time for the stock to sink lower in price and gives one the ability to get off of the option in case it looks as if the stock is going the other direction. If negative news stories happen on apple(Steve Jobs get sick) the stock has a tendency to fall pretty quickly.
    I meant calls. You can get a May $550 call for around $700. All the indicators that I've looked at show it is oversold, and I can imagine it will get around a 2% move upwards in stock price this week.

empty cookie jar
    empty cookie jar's Avatar Become A Pro!

that dang ole google a monstur

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill

Quote Originally Posted by guitarjosh View Post
    I meant calls. You can get a May $550 call for around $700. All the indicators that I've looked at show it is oversold, and I can imagine it will get around a 2% move upwards in stock price this week.
    I'm seeing 900 off of etrade. If you were leaning that direction I would consider the Jun calls on the 545 strike which are trading at 11. For the additional 4 dollars per you get an extra month and a lower strike. Seems like it would be a better value to me. Good luck on it anyway, if your are getting into it I hope I am wrong and you are right on it.

Boner_18
    Update your status
    Boner_18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1031

If you wanna play in this tech space I like Amazon. They are really being aggressive moving into the cloud, taking share from apple, and dominating etail business...

Waterstpub87
    Slan go foill

Quote Originally Posted by Boner_18 View Post
    If you wanna play in this tech space I like Amazon. They are really being aggressive moving into the cloud, taking share from apple, and dominating etail business...
    They are trading at 71x earnings, 34x cash flow. Those are really high. Retailers tend to have higher ratios though.

tatommack
    cowboys make the playoffs
    tatommack's Avatar Become A Pro!

The best hit I ever had in the market was ctic bought at 6 cents sold at 2 dollars what a payday hit a few more bios

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10488

pe is still to high